Windscreen Washers

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
Silly problem this one my windscreen washers fire about 1 inch above the bottom of the screen. I've tried like crazy to raise the jets but they dont seem to move.

Anyone know how to raise the jets?

Thanks in advance

Reb

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Is the car new/old?

I had to have one replaced under warrenty for that reason, but I've heard that they can become clogged up and restrict water flow. What do you fill your washer bottle with?

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
Washers

Hi Cars is a '57 plate washers work fine its just that they seem to fire too low. As the wipers come down first it wipes most of the water off rather than spreading it round the window. Washer liqud is whatever Seat use as they just serviced it and filled the bottle.

Every other ar I've had you could stick a pin in the jet and raise or lower it - are the leon ones fixed in position then?

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
I'll just say that I couldn't adjust mine, there may well be a way to adjust them - i just don't know what it is...

I've noticed that the washer they replaced on mine fires about 1-2 inches higher up the screen than the original one... I'm gonna see if there's any way of unblocking/cleaning them....

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
washes

Maybe they were fitted upside down?

If your new one is better I'll ry and take one out and turn it up other way see if thats any better.

woody1986

mad as a box of frogs
Oct 21, 2008
Derbyshire
i had a look at mine today and it looks like there is two pin holes either side to "stick" a pin in to adjust them up and down!!

rebel69

Dark Matter Power
Dec 10, 2009
Kent
washers

i had a look at mine today and it looks like there is two pin holes either side to "stick" a pin in to adjust them up and down!!

Found the pin holes either side but they dont appear to move he jet? will try a "bit more" force

Tried to take the jet out but it wont come loose (slightly damaged plastic [:@])

Since trying to get drivers side out it now sprays about 1/3 of the way up the screen much better - only trouble is cant seem to make the pasenger side do same thing.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members