windscreen wipers annoying me

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
cummon guy's do all your windscreen wiper blades make a bloody annoying noise when you use them [:@]coz they are driving me :blink:.......................steve

Deleted member 39194

I'v just bought a new front pair & rear swiper from David at Sere Motors on here :)
Still to fit them.... Buy yourself a new set normally makes all the difference!
Claire x

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
I'v just bought a new front pair & rear swiper from David at Sere Motors on here :)
Still to fit them.... Buy yourself a new set normally makes all the difference!
Claire x

Thanks for a sensible answer Claire I think I will have to try that coz the racket is driving me :cry:................Steve

uuf361

Jun 29, 2008
Mine are fine (18k miles).....do make sure I wipe them when washing the car though and clean the screen with glass cleaner.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
How old are they? Mine have covered 27k and are starting to get noisy / juddery

Is it constantly raining with you? 27000 wipes is a lot of wiping :cartman:

Mine are still good after 33 months although I also have a new pair ready to go on if needed ;)

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I tend to change mine once a year - it rains a LOT in Wales!

Having said that, the Leon set are (AFAIK) the ones fitted from new, making them about 19 months old and they're only just starting to get a bit noisy.

In answer to your question, if the wipers are noisy it's almost certainly due to the blades wearing out.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Had a similar issue on the Caddy tried cleaning them and it did improve things but in the end changed them and the problem was cured. Could well be worn or contaminated I would try the vinger method first if that does not work then replace them.

GunnerCP

Jul 24, 2009
London
i replaced mine with those Valeo ones a couple of months ago, so far they are noisy and seem to be scraping or something bang in the middle of the drivers side wiper, highly annoying. I have taken it off and tried adjusting and what not but the same results. VERY annoying.

monkeynuts

TIME FOR BED SAID "Z"
Oct 2, 2003
Area 51
Visit site
mine have done 9000 miles or the car has :)they are going in the bin :censored:drives me bonkers sometimes so bad you drive with them off and use the intermittant deely

Deleted member 39194

I'm lazy I haven't even put my new wiper blades on yet still sitting in the house....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members