Wiper - damaged paint :(

marklaruk

Sep 27, 2009
Leeds
Anyone else had this prob on their new ibiza?

Whoever fit the wipers ha snot left enough gap for the drivers side so when i was lifting it when we had the snow i know it was ctaching, but little did i know it was taking the paint off!

Only had it a couple of month so i'm taking it back down tomorrow to be sorted.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
pics dont work mate,

i have noticed it catches aswell i havnt pushed mine fully up i just hold them of the window while i scrape underneath

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It does catch anyway, your not supposed to lift the wipers up in the park position.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
park position as in flat across the bottom of the window, i guess you could switch them off halfway through then lift

Donjuan1984

Jan 11, 2010
You better put them in Service Mode before attempting to lift them... Turn the key around to start the engine then turn it back without taking the key out, then push the lever down to enter the wipers Service Mode...

marklaruk

Sep 27, 2009
Leeds
oh god i never knew about this mode... going to have a look outside now at this!

Looks like this may not be as easy as them just fixing it with no problem :(

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Dont lift the wipers up when they are parked at the bottom.

If you turn the ignition off and hit the wiper stalk down (single sweep) the wipers move into the midway position and stop, that is the service position so you can lift them up clear of the bonnet to wash/change blades.

Its in the manual.

edit - He he to late :)

marklaruk

Sep 27, 2009
Leeds
yeh just had a look now! i didnt notice because it was when we had the bad snow and didnt realise it was scraping the bonnet... went to clean the ice off other day and noticed it caught it and then saw the damage!

Its only 3cm or so long so will just have to as them if they could touch it up as someone else mentioned!

Thanks for replies!

Last edited:

marklaruk

Sep 27, 2009
Leeds
the only page i have seen it on is when changing the blades... looked at washing the car and also deicing but havent seen it mentioned there.

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
thats a shame, luckily if the bonnet is not stone chipped you can localise the colour and clearcoat the rest of the bonnet

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
i've done exactly the same thing. Noticed it when cleaning it the other weekend, really annoyed withmyself but nothing a touch-up paint won't sort out.

marklaruk

Sep 27, 2009
Leeds
what happens when your screen is icy and you need to scrape under them? you have to move them first?? wont it nack the rubber??

Exactly thats another thing!

I have bought a touch up paint now so will just have to make sure i apply it well.

:(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.