Wipers.

oldtimer

Mar 3, 2008
Wales
Just noticed today after popping into my local Halfords, they now have a rear wiper for the Altea.
Does anyone know where you can get Bosch Aero Twin blades ( 958S ) is the number, for a reasonable price? £38 plus postage is the best I've come across so far.
They even seem to be a rareity on e-bay.

chrisash32

Altea Driver
Oct 17, 2007
Just noticed today after popping into my local Halfords, they now have a rear wiper for the Altea.
Does anyone know where you can get Bosch Aero Twin blades ( 958S ) is the number, for a reasonable price? £38 plus postage is the best I've come across so far.
They even seem to be a rareity on e-bay.

The wipers for this car are very expensive... Even to the point that my rear one got nicked!!

cherryone

Dec 15, 2006
Thats not a bad price for a pair of Bosch wipers, guess it depends how much the delivery is ! I paid 48 quid delivered last autumn from wiperblades.co.uk

Prompt delivery from them,

cheers
mark

Tell

Staff member
The front Bosch wiper blades you could pick up in Germany for less than what they costs in the UK, but with the euro - pound as it is at the minute, not so much a cost saying. Germany has Bosch dealers, so Bosh wipers and they get them in for the next day or you email ahead :).

The rears you can refill yourself, somewhere on here the Halford blade is given a code. You snip the rubber. Given the cost of the fronts you save at the back.

I can't believe you can "refill" the fronts, they are a modular unit. Anyhow, I wait the day when you can buy them in French supermarkets, they have the bother Bosch aero blades.

Mike5

I bought mine from a company on the web called wiperblades.co.uk. They are the Bosch ones at £38.50 the pair. Seem ok but still do not touch the whole screen at the bottom section on the way down. tried twisting the arms but no better so far.

neonitrix

I am after installing a pair of Bosch Aerotwin 958S Wipers - work alot better than the seat set that were on the car. my question is where do i get a rear wiper for my altea.

tks

neonitrix

k5roc

Rob O
Apr 17, 2008
Worcestershire
www.k5roc.co.uk
there's a place on Ebay that sells just the 'rubber' for the front aero blades, for about £10

you just replace the rubber in the existing blades

2.0 TDi Altea Sport

re above:

i bought from that chap, he is excellent, and really helpful, i would recommend him every time, he is a SEAT man in Northern Ireland

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
Just fitted my £10 refills form fleabay. They are genuine SEAT parts! From a SEAT dealer in Belfast. Only mod required was cutting the rubber to length (Leon must have longer wipers?)
and careful removing the plastic end caps - both need removing, the kit includes a new small end cap although one of mine was wrong side so just refitted the old one, no problem.
Screen wipes clean!!

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Crispdust you havent even given me a chance to reply - my record is absolutely 100% honest and genuine. Mistakes happen and it would have been nice to have a bit of understanding on your part. I picked up my emails today at 8.15 and your replacements will be posted within an hour. We are not your usual English 'stealer'

Dec 5, 2007
N W Leeds
David, please see email sent to you.
I do not wish cause offence and I don't think my posting was malicious in anyway, just factual. Please accept my apologies.
I am pleased with the wiper blades sent and the speed of delivery.
Yes mistakes do happen and you have corrected this quickly, to your credit.
If only all dealers were so.
Just a little query on the "handedness" of the plastic end clips? Are they the same on Leon as they are right and left handed on the Altea.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
No offence taken or meant to anyone. I am just very conscious of an underlying 'hate the dealers' feeling throughout scn. We have mispicked the odd mirror cap, had some items delayed in the post, had a couple of poorly worded listings but everyone has ended up happy. Apologies offered where necessary :redface:
Re the wipers, it really depends on the model whether you reuse the old caps or use the replacements supplied. The only wipers these refills wont fit is an oddbal one I have come across once or twice which has a ridged back as opposed to a flat back. It looks almost like a double edged blade. Hard to describe but hope you get the idea. Out of 100+ sets sold, only 1 or 2 have not fitted and been refunded in full with no return necessary.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.