Xenon bulbs or suggestions?

ben-ducky

Feb 25, 2008
Llanelli, S Wales
Im after the white bulb look for my FR...had a scout on ebay and have seen a few kits for about £15 but i cant seem to find the exact ones for the MK4 Ibiza? Was hoping someone could help...possible link me?
Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers

Jan 9, 2008
Sandbach
Phillips Xtreme Visions - These ones are very good, very white and really bright.

Also try Phillips Blue Visions. They advertise them as the 'blue' xenon look, but in reality they are white with a slight blue tinge. Look really good

the_fbi

'05 Fabia vRS
Jun 14, 2004
Northamptonshire
I had Philips Xtreme Vision in mine till last month, they both blew within a couple of days of each other, in very cold weather. They'd lasted under a year.

Now got a couple of Halfords "xenon" bulbs in there, which luckily I had hanging around, they are definately better than the Philips, but nowhere near as good as a Mk3 Mondeo which I'm driving at the moment. Really need to investigate some proper headlights for the Ibiza.

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
For the Mk4 with two bulb arrangements, you will need a pair of H7 for dipped, and a pair of H3 for main. Dual filimented bulb clusters of course need the H4 sets.

I'm not liking un-named ebay bulbs much and i have tried them once just to see if my theories were correct. They were some cheap "Xenon" bulb that had a nice blue tint like the colour of 5000k or more proper HIDs have. They lasted me a good few summer months where i only needed them for a couple of nights a week, suffice to say they faded and dimmed substantially and really thought at the time it was my eyes playing tricks on me. This is the same experience with my friend who had a Lexus. His got so bad so quickly we couldnt see much in the dark to the extent it was hazardous to drive. :thumbd:

That being said, i used and would recommend Osram Cool Blue, they give a decent light output but not much white/blue look, you really cant have both with normal filiment bulbs. I had a set of H4 which lasted me for a couple years, up untill the point i wrote off my car! :doh: There should be some bargins on ebay for these, i've not come across any fakes yet but as always beware.

HID are the way forward if you really want a white white light and nice light output, got some 4200k or 5000k kits

Does anyone want to suggest a good->decent set of Bi-Xenon HID kits? Cheaper the better :D It's for my Daily driver, it's got the single reflector headlamps (H4 Dual filament bulbs) Would any old bi-xenon kit off ebay work ok?

I searched and found numerous threads saying cheap=crap then people saying expensive=rip-off - I followed a few links but most of the threads were 6+ months old and broken!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Does anyone want to suggest a good->decent set of Bi-Xenon HID kits? Cheaper the better :D It's for my Daily driver, it's got the single reflector headlamps (H4 Dual filament bulbs) Would any old bi-xenon kit off ebay work ok?

I searched and found numerous threads saying cheap=crap then people saying expensive=rip-off - I followed a few links but most of the threads were 6+ months old and broken!

you cant get a Bi-xenon HID kit for the ibiza as they use a twin bulbs set up. Bi xenons do dip and main. for a normal dip beam HID kit i got mine from diana shop on ebay, cost £44 and came with in a week

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Im after the white bulb look for my FR...had a scout on ebay and have seen a few kits for about £15 but i cant seem to find the exact ones for the MK4 Ibiza? Was hoping someone could help...possible link me?
Any info would be much appreciated. Cheers

I would get a HID kit off ebay. if you look for 5000k ish they will be white. i have 6000k which start off blue and warm up to a blue/white light.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
My Ibiza (Sport Tdi) is the single reflector H4 HI/LO combined bulb set-up... so I'd need to get a Bi-Xenon

ah ok makes sence now. You can get them on ebay or HIDS4U. again i have ones from diana shop on ebay and they were cheap seem well made and work very well

Had a quick look - Looks Like these are the one's then!

I've got some sidelights and OSRAM nightbreaker Foglights to go in this weekend. Wonder whether to wait another week and buy these?

P.S. - I've heard mentioned elsewhere about having to wire in fuses etc to fool the ECU into thinking there isn't a bulb out etc... Is this necessary? The HIDS4U site says about there Ultimate Kit (£197) designed specifically for fooling newer ECU's... Mine is a 2005 (54)??

Last edited:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Had a quick look - Looks Like these are the one's then!

I've got some sidelights and OSRAM nightbreaker Foglights to go in this weekend. Wonder whether to wait another week and buy these?

P.S. - I've heard mentioned elsewhere about having to wire in fuses etc to fool the ECU into thinking there isn't a bulb out etc... Is this necessary? The HIDS4U site says about there Ultimate Kit (£197) designed specifically for fooling newer ECU's... Mine is a 2005 (54)??

yep same people i got mine from! also fitted another set to my dads car aswell. They are the right style for the H4's aswell.

you dont need to worry about fooling the ECU as the ibiza do not have bulb warnings. the info on HIDS4U can be confusing. i have not got any extra wiring to fool anything.

If you want to see how i fitted mine click the link in my thread and its on about page 11 or 12

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
Ben, the link you have provided is not a proper HID kit, but just a standard bulb with tinting.

There's nothing specific you need for the Ibiza, unless they prefab a custom dust cover for you

ben-ducky

Feb 25, 2008
Llanelli, S Wales
Ben, the link you have provided is not a proper HID kit, but just a standard bulb with tinting.

There's nothing specific you need for the Ibiza, unless they prefab a custom dust cover for you

yes i know there not HID's. decided just to go for the xenon look bulbs for now because i dont want to be fidlding with wires and that. so will those bulbs in that link be any good for me?

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
yes i know there not HID's. decided just to go for the xenon look bulbs for now because i dont want to be fidlding with wires and that. so will those bulbs in that link be any good for me?

Ok, with that kit you will use most of the bulbs, but not all as the Main bulbs should be H3 on the Ibiza and not H1, however i'm not sure if the facelife model's foglamps use H3, but the pre-facelife does. Better checks on yours.