xenon style fog lights... link inside

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
pointless. Ive only used my fogs once in 3 years of driving. And like you I live in london, where its never foggy.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
utter crap, dont go there.

quote;
'What is the advantage of LED output? LED output can match any color temperature perfectly, runs on less power, and LEDs never burn out. This particular kit is white/blue in output to match HID output in color temperature.'

no mention of brightness. colour might be good but you wont see a damn thing.

go to b&q and see how far you think will illuminate with one of their 30 led lamps. not far me thinks.

H8T WP

pointless. Ive only used my fogs once in 3 years of driving. And like you I live in london, where its never foggy.
i drive to my birds house round m25 and through epping forrest area and its always foggy as **** ! but i hear you on this one, pointless, just would look nice to match :)

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
My main hatred of fellow car drivers is ******S who use their fog lights when it is not foggy!!!! Tossers, everyone of them.

If i ever see a Seat in my neck of the woods with its fogs on when visibility is fine i shall name and shame them

Merry Christmas one and all (except the knobhead in a Vectra with his fog lights on)

Xe

Personally don't see the problem with having front fog lights on, when its not foggy. They are useful for a bit of extra sideways light and making yourself a little bit more visible.

I would say the tossers are the people that don't have enough lights, driving in fog with no rear or front fog lights, or driving in dark/rain/dusk etc etc with no lights.

More light is better then less (or none)!

Look at my pic, I like driving with fogs on :p

Moley RUFC

Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
Well other than being illegal its fine then :help:

Fog Lights

Many drivers think nothing of driving with their front fog lights on when in fact by doing so they are committing an offence and could be liable to a £20 fine. You are only allowed to use front and rear foglights in fog where visibility is 100 metres or less. The lights are almost as powerful as full beam headlights and can dazzle other drivers

Taken from Police online advice Driving in Adverse conditions

Xe

Hmm.. thanks for the info. I have driven past police plenty of times with fogs on, and the never did anything. But mainly I have them on if weather is poor, which is quite a lot up here. I shall use them less from now on. Cheers Moley ;)

Moley RUFC

Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
I doubt you would ever get stopped but i understand the rule and respect it. Where i live (at the top of the Lickey Hills) i often use them when the fog is close but always turn them off when i get down the hill.

I remember being stopped in my dads Citroen ZX with my fog lights on and getting a rocket from the copper and being asked to stand about 20 mtrs in front of my car and look at the light coming from it. It was seriously bright and that struck home with me.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Their use is in the name people!

It doesn't make you look more visible, it makes you look like a tit. People say it gives more light to the kerbisde but my view is that if you are looking that close to your car when driving then you're not looking far enough ahead and as such rather dangerous!

adam_tdi

dervmeister
Feb 27, 2005
walsall
www.peugeot-gti.net
they shouldnt need to match as they shouldnt be on at the same time anyway.

my fog light rule is: if you can see the car in front of you, you dont need them on.

its simply amazing how many people drive around in rain and snow with them on making it 10 times harder for others too see where they are going

lets face it though the people who do use them for no reason just think it makes their car look cooler

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Have your fos on (front and rear) if weather bit poor, but when a car is in front or behind and can see them as weather not that bad, turn them off, nothing more annoying! Get that a lot here, live in middle of nowhere and all the 18yr old farmer boys in 306s, astras and bora's have fogs on all time!

Jon TDI

Eat My Soot!!
Apr 28, 2003
Round the twist.
Visit site
When I go to visit my parents in Co Kildare, I've noticed that just about everyone drives around with their front fog lights on.
Sometimes they won't even turn off the main beam if you are coming towards them!

As far as xenons are concerned, they will be too bright for fogs. Yellow is actually the best colour as won't reflect back off the fog as much as the bright white.

Last edited:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
As far as xenons are concerned, they will be too bright for fogs. Yellow is actually the best colour as won't reflect back off the fog as much as the bright white.

I was going to say this also.

The reason fogs are low, and not bright blue colours is because the cut through the fog more than a Xenon or bright blue does.

I noticed this more in the fog when I fitted Xenon's that they shine on the direct fog in front rather than the road ahead.

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
While we're talking about bulbs. I changed my side lights for Philips Blue Visons today and they look alot whiter.:D

.....But how the hell do I fit my Diadem indicator bulbs???!?!?!:confused:

20vt Tony

Oct 16, 2006
Edwinstowe, Notts
Getting back to the subjects of driving with fogs on when no need. Today was really foggy around Lincoln and both front and rear fogs were needed, what :censored: me off the most was the lazy :censored: who can't be :censored: cleaning their lights, meaning that their fog lights were all but useless anyway ( sorry rant over)

Merry Christmas,

Tony

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
Very true. Met a lorry with stinking lights, couldnt see back lights hardly, and wondered how he could see in front of himself. Only takes a few seconds to run round the lights with a hose and your hand even to clean them!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.