Yellow Spring in forge DV on STANDARD car...

Kartracer69

Jul 18, 2009
Morning all...

I am going to get my LCR 225 remapped at some point in the near future

As part of the money pit aka project I will be uprating to the forge 007 and when ordering they offer a choice of spring colour

Now after a remap I know they recommend the yellow spring, so there is no point ordering the DV with standard spring only to then re-buy a yellow spring in the next few weeks.

So basically if I order the DV with yellow spring in anticipation of the remap, is there any harm putting it on before hand (obviously will need to be put on there before the journey to get it mapped) and will it cause any problems for say, 500 miles ish

Thanks guys, I promise a project thread will arrive soon!

James

JamJay

California Bound
Hi James.

You should be fine doing 500miles on the yellow spring. I drove for about 3weeks on the yellow spring before a map and there weren't any issues at all although it's no recommended for long periods. I found that the DV did open fine but the response of it seemed a little slower on normal driving. When putting my foot down though, there wasn't any issue. I did get a little more turbo stall/chatter which sounded cool :D but not good for the life of the turbo.

Anyway, with the remap it opens as freely as the OEM one on a standard car.

Kartracer69

Jul 18, 2009
JamJay

Thanks very much for the response that's great to hear from someone who has done the same. It just seems a little pointless buying it with standard spring only to change it again, plus having the part here would be rude not to fit it.

And it forces me to book a remap :banned:

Thanks again

James

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
just leave the standard dv on until you get it mapped... add the forge with yellow spring afterwards.

p.s i have a cheap 006dv for sale in for sale section if you havent purchased yet.

same valve, slightly larger

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
I did not realise the valve comes with different springs. I ordered one last week from badger5 but did not specify a spring colour. Is there a 'standard' spring for the Forge 007P? My LCR is unmapped but I do plan to have it stage 1 remapped sometime in the future.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
If the boost pressure is too high the spring could remain open and cause a leak, but I think lots of people still run the green spring after a remap. Other benefit of the yellow spring is faster throttle response.

JamJay

California Bound
If you don't specify a spring when you order, it's likely that you'll get the green spring as they'll assume you have a standard car. I knew I was getting mine mapped, like kartracer, so I asked for a stiffer spring (yellow).

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Why is it that s standard 225bhp LCR needs a green spring but when you have a LC mapped to 225bhp people say you need a yellow spring?

Is it because you use more boost from the smaller turbo to make the same power?

Getting mine mapped soon and I'm still not sure weather I need to replace my green with a yellow :confused:

Kartracer69

Jul 18, 2009
Hi guys, just back from work didn't realise this would cause a good debate.

Basically I don't think they will want to remap it with the standard bosch DV because i've no doubt its on its way out after 60k miles. So maybe fit it before I leave then its done, instead of paying them extra to fit it or do it when I get home.

So for a 100 mile trip or so it should be ok :)

cheers for all who have posted to make it interesting