KVW100 or Autowindow question

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I've got the KVW100 on my mk4 Ibiza cupra and it works just fine. Its very easy to instal, just plug it in and wait for it to beep (less than 1 min) un-plug it and away you go.

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
When you use the KVW100, does the "Hold on" function work to wind windows up and down incremently remotely?

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Can it be used on more than 1 car? like some 1 put it on there and then past it over to there mate and plug it in to there car?

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
It wont work on pre face lift leons i know i have one sitting here, it does say but i did,nt notice, oh well.

doesn't work on pre-facelift? I beg to differ, worked mint on my W reg :p windows don't close automatically but can close them by holding the button down

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Does the Autowindow kit work for Leon Cupra or is it just a Cupra R only piece of kit. Do I need anything else installed on my car convenience pack etc?

Is it a relatively simple instal. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to cars.

For those who not seen it - heres a vid
http://www.szkvw.com/english/install.htm

Yes I did use search but couldnt find these answers

The question you have to ask yourself is how much to you want to spend.

The KVW100 is really cheap for what it does, and if "plug & play"

The Autowindow kits have to be wired in, and you have to remove the driver side door card to do it.

Depends how DIY you're feeling.

I've got Autowindow Cool + (with Rain & Night sensors), and it's really nice to be able to park it in the work car park in the summer and it vent the windows when it gets too hot, and close them if it should rain. It'll also close them when it gets dark, another cool thing.

If you're just looking to have the windows close when you lock the car go for the KVW100 unit, as it does exactly what it says on the tin!

stevie steve

Nov 27, 2006
Clevedon
The question you have to ask yourself is how much to you want to spend.

The KVW100 is really cheap for what it does, and if "plug & play"

The Autowindow kits have to be wired in, and you have to remove the driver side door card to do it.

Depends how DIY you're feeling.

I've got Autowindow Cool + (with Rain & Night sensors), and it's really nice to be able to park it in the work car park in the summer and it vent the windows when it gets too hot, and close them if it should rain. It'll also close them when it gets dark, another cool thing.

If you're just looking to have the windows close when you lock the car go for the KVW100 unit, as it does exactly what it says on the tin!

Ahh cheers mate. Just the answer I was looking for.

How east to get the door panel off is it? Obviously because of what I'm looking at buying, its got all the switches for windows/locking/mirrors etc. That cause you much grief or it all stay in door card.

I believe in the kit you click the wires onto standard wires and it cuts through into the circuit type thing :blink:

Alos does it do mirrors as well? That would look cool - whole car folding up when I lock/unlock ;)

kez

Jan 29, 2007
Dewsbury, West Yorkshire

does it do the mirrors, too?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
doesn't work on pre-facelift? I beg to differ, worked mint on my W reg :p windows don't close automatically but can close them by holding the button down

would'nt load on mine and when i phoned them they said it was because it was a preface face lift cupra, it also says in the waffle on the web site, you must be lucky, although i want the auto windows IMO if you have to do it by holding the button down on the remote there's not much difference in putting the key in the lock and turning it and closing the windows that way :lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.