DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
I don't want an LCR lookalike.

Come on Dave, it's too late for that. When Joe Bloggs meet you on the road, he sees the front bumper and thinks, it's an LCR.

The connoisseurs among us can see you lack a lot of parts to be an LCR lookalike.

I don't think the OEM skirts looks that distinctive. You could probably get skirts that looks a lot like them. See where I'm trying to go?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Can I have some flat skirts instead then?

A bit like this ..................

large.jpg

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Yes as long as they're inline with the rest of the car .... doesn't have to be LCR ones ... just not the ones you have now as they don't quite look right with everything else being nice and smooth and curved :)

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
yes it is! maybe just lift up the rear corner a lil so it looks like its curving towards the curve of your rear bumper other than that it looks spot ;)

actualy after looking again its probably fine the way it is :D

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Today, while dodging the raindrops, I fitted my new Density Line engine mounts and dogbone.

Track Density.....................

Now they're right in what they say, zero, yes zero drivetrain movement. It feels like a go-kart. :funk:

The vibration and noise is another thing. Everything sounds different - it will take me a little while to get used to it. :headhurt:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Whats it like for idle vibration?
How did you find fitting the Engine mount?

From cold first time, diabolical. I'm glad I went to the dentist recently to make sure my fillings were tightly in. Perhaps it'll settle a little.

Fitting the engine mount is a piece of cake (but I've got no carbon canister in the way). Just make you've got the sump balanced properly on a piece of wood (on jack) to avoid it sliding back. remove all the body side bolts them jack it up a few mm so you've got a gap between mount and body. Then undo the two stretch bolts.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Did you try the car between fitting all mounts to see how it felt say just with the Transmission and DBM with OEM engine?
I doubt you would but would have been interesting
What about the power steering reservior, does it just push out of the way?
Did you get bolts from Issam?
Did you need extra washers that weren't supplied?
Can you live with the vibration?
Is it an easy enough job that you could say fit the street density for every day driving and track density for track/1/4 mile days?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Did you try the car between fitting all mounts to see how it felt say just with the Transmission and DBM with OEM engine?
I doubt you would but would have been interesting
What about the power steering reservior, does it just push out of the way?
Did you get bolts from Issam?
Did you need extra washers that weren't supplied?
Can you live with the vibration?
Is it an easy enough job that you could say fit the street density for every day driving and track density for track/1/4 mile days?

No, I didn't try it part and part. :)

The steering reservoir moves really easily. (I've got my Walbro inline fuel pump there too). I bought new stretch bolts from the dealer - about £7 for the lot. The jury's out on the vibration - I'll see what it's like after a couple of weeks. Yes, for the price of a couple of sets of bolts and half an hour, the final answer might be to buy some street density mounts too. :shrug:

I was going to fit my Dieselgeek shortshifter set today, but that'll be tomorrow morning now.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise