Brands Hatch, BTCC Finals Day - Sun Sept 21st 2008

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
personally I'd love NorthernSouth to run as independents with the same cars and keep Turner and Plato as drivers :cartman:

I have said that a few times. Because SEAT no longer back the team does that mean Northern South have to jack it in too? I don't think so. I mean when MG left WSR didn't follow behind. They did it. In fact in their first season as Independnets in 2004 Reidy, with Turks as team-mate won the Independents title, WSR then did it in 2005 with Collard and then in 2006 with Collard and back with Turks.

NorthernSouth can do it. In fact I think NorthernSouth would be very competitive. I don't know where they would get a load of TDi Leons from but I am sure they could get a load of petrol Leons from somewhere.

Write and ask em :p

How many of us are up for it? I would put my hat in the ring if most of you guys will.

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
wantedposter.jpg
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
An emotional end to a fantastic journey.

Hopefully all enjoyed the catering, and a big thank you to all that helped, those that buttered the baps, sourced the pig, went to aldi for the Nibbles ! without your help it wouldnt off happend. And we raised a nice amount of money for worth while charities. A big thank you to Olaf for the £65 he donated for the sale of Air Horns, it was really appreciated.

I wish we had a competition for the loudest Air Horn..... !

We we still be there next year, who knows what the SCN Corporate Hospitality run by the Seat Barmy Army ( Name could be changed ) could bring.....

Yup, we'll be there, as many rounds as possible. The way I see it, Team CVR are "highly likely" to make it to the grid this time, so its just a case of different team, same badge.

LONG LIVE SEAT

FR Ste

How many of us are up for it? I would put my hat in the ring if most of you guys will.

I'm in for supporting/helping out any SEAT BTCC effort (Speaking as an ex. F1 engineer and having worked with Dave Ward (SEAT BTCC Crew chief) at Bentley when they did Le Mans.

Also, looking at what Adam has done with a year old car this season shows that the petrol Leon is still competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DanDiesel

In my diesel is where I'll be, chugging merrily.
Mar 17, 2005
Kent
Well I had a great day all in all and it was cool to park up with a load of Seats to show our support for the SSUK team! I was off taking photos most of the day, mainly on the island section, so i missed the George crash, as i did with the TOC crash at Brands in March:doh:

Seat Sport have done us proud, and if it weren't for them and the attention/advertising the racing brings, many of us may not have been in Seats!

Seat Sport UK, we salute you :clap::clap::rock:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Does anyone have the full sky+ coverage saved onto disk by any chance? I'd like to watch the full thing back and see the action from the rest of the track :)

I can probably get mine burnt onto a DVD (or two or three!!) only as a back up of course.

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
He isn't worth any more!

Although he did manage to keep the inflatable stuck on his aerial all the way home.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006

I'm in for supporting/helping out any SEAT BTCC effort (Speaking as an ex. F1 engineer and having worked with Dave Ward (SEAT BTCC Crew chief) at Bentley when they did Le Mans.

Also, looking at what Adam has done with a year old car this season shows that the petrol Leon is still competitive.

I am in....what do i have to do :p

Firstly it is an unexpected boost that we have you Steve. Your experience of working with SSUK will be invaluable to any success we have of getting an Independent NorthernSouth team of the ground.

But I am open to other plans if anyone has any.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
To be fair to Scott, he is an employee of SEAT not Northern South. SEAT have pulled out of Motorsport, if your hoping to support an independent entry into BTCC then you should direct it at Northern South.

If Northern South are still interested in the BTCC, they would need a good backer to start with. Money in motorsport as in most things, sadly does not grow on trees.

As other manufacturers are rumoured to be entering the sport, Northern South and or the people in and around that team will be looking towards other opportunities for their careers no doubt. I would expect Ian and Grant at NS will be working hard on securing new business opportunities for next year.

Hopefully an independent SEAT entry will still compete next season, but lots of factors need to be addressed before that would be a reality. Simply emailing the team as fans won't really help that become a reality, unless someone has a boat load of cash to throw their way.

I sincerely hope that Team CVR and others get to the grid next season and keep the SEAT interest alive. SCN would be proud to continue supporting and reporting on the independents progress in next seasons racing.

Last edited:

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I would be happy to attend these purely on the basis of the people who were there on Sunday.

Maybe the reason N&S haven't announced anything new is because the SEAT team have been given new orders by VAG but can't say anything about it yet. Both drivers are still under contract, who's to say they won't reappear in 2009 driving an Audi / VW / Skoda! I still suspect SEAT have done the 'Donkey' work with the Mk2 Leon Chassis and engine range which will pave the way for the others.

Having been on Sunday, I think it's good that SCN has a well represented ( and well respected) presence at these events - whether we're supporting manufacturers teams or the indepdendants I think is largely irrelevant and as long as everyone enjoys themselves then I can't see the support waning any time soon.

pete88

Parts Advisor for SEAT
just been on the SEAT dealer website and caught this at the bottom:

As SEAT Sport UK prepared to load the equipment into its trucks for the final time, there was a fitting tribute from the SEATCupra.net fans on the South Bank, with air horns saluting the team’s achievements.

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
What a great day. Thanks to everyone who organised it, it will be truly memorable. Here's some piccies taken on the day:

What a great SCN turnout!
btcc1.jpg

Flying the Seat Sport flag
btcc2.jpg

This looked pretty cool:
btcc3.jpg

Almost crashed!
btcc4.jpg

Last edited: