Xenon Lights on RED LCR

Mar 5, 2007
If i went for H7 6000k HID kit:

would it pass the MOT?
are they street legal?
are they easy to fit?
are there any companies that supply and fit them?
how much for parts only?
How much would you pay for supply and fitting?
can you get or has anyone replaced fog lights, cos think it will look strange having white/blue full beams and normal (yellowish) fogs!

But why would you be using your fogs?

I can't remember when the weather was bad enough to actually warrant the use of front fogs. not to mention, doesn't leon switch the rears on when the fronts are on, which is exceedinly annoying when you're following someone.

You're not going to be driving around with your fogs on like a chav are you?

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
oh nah never really used fogs, just wondered if anyone has. Dont think rear fogs come on automatically cos theres a seperate function to switch them on.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
no you pull out the switch once for front twice for the back. i have 4300k hids. not very blue. i use philips blue vision h3 bulbs in the fogs and they match pretty well

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
no you pull out the switch once for front twice for the back. i have 4300k hids. not very blue. i use philips blue vision h3 bulbs in the fogs and they match pretty well

Thats what im after! Thanks! Just checked online for:

Philips Blue Vision H3 4000K Xenon/HID effect - £21.45

bluevisionh3.jpg

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Thats what im after! Thanks! Just checked online for:

Philips Blue Vision H3 4000K Xenon/HID effect - £21.45

bluevisionh3.jpg

Personally, I'm running 5000K HID's, which are very good. Light has an "Ice white" colour, with only a hint of blue (and I do mean a hint).

I've also got 4300K HIDs in main beam, which are closer to a yellowish white light, but very bright, and great for the back lanes.

J@mes has HID in his Fogs, but I chose against this idea as the reason for fogs is to aid when driving in fog, and a yellower light penatrates the fog better than a blue light.

Fitting will take ~ 1hr if you've never done it before.

Don't forget lamp type:
H7 = dipped / normal driving lights
H1 = main / flash lights
H3 = Fogs

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
is there much of a differeance between 4300k and 5000k??

The 4300K are a very clean white, almost the same as normal halogen's just brighter!

The 5000K have a nice Ice white look with the blue hue to them. I've run 6000K and didn't like the amount of blue in them.

The 1st meet I went to after having the 4300K fitted people didn't realise they were HIDs at first...!

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
you dont say :p i ment colour wise???

Just found these, they're not the best pic's but give some sort of idea:

5000K Dipped Beam:
31102008579zd0.jpg

4300K Main Beam:
31102008580az9.jpg

The comparison isn't great as they're different beam patterns, the best thing to look at is the leading edge of the light nearest to the car.

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
ya i fitted 4300k to mine the other day. very bright but no blue. wouldnt think they were hids at all just that they are really bright. prob would get 5000k if i were doing it again. im in two minds about getting a second kit for my main beams.

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Personally, I'm running 5000K HID's, which are very good. Light has an "Ice white" colour, with only a hint of blue (and I do mean a hint).

I've also got 4300K HIDs in main beam, which are closer to a yellowish white light, but very bright, and great for the back lanes.

J@mes has HID in his Fogs, but I chose against this idea as the reason for fogs is to aid when driving in fog, and a yellower light penatrates the fog better than a blue light.

Fitting will take ~ 1hr if you've never done it before.
Don't forget lamp type:
H7 = dipped / normal driving lights
H1 = main / flash lights
H3 = Fogs

flip i thought it would be a quick job! (guides?)

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
Why would you want to go for HIDS in main beam, as from reviews if you have HIDS in dipped beams thats bright enough anyway.

ya they are bright but i live out in the country and need my high beams a lot. was thinking of hid kit. a few guys here are using them in the high beams

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.