Xenon Lights on RED LCR

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
Am thinking about getting some xenon blue lights on my red lcr, has anyone else got these lights, and do u reckon they will suit a red motor? pics?

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
Isn't the idea of changing to HID's meant improve your vision at night rather than having a nice colour headlight?

I really don't see them as an aesthetic modification - I'm currently running 6000k but am planning to move to 4300K to lose some of the blue tint as they just look a little chavish to me....

If you're worried about the blue then jusk go for a lower temperature lamp!

Pacey

Oct 1, 2008
Northants
i recently fitted 6000k HIDs to my leon its really the only mod i have done to my car so far and i think they look amazing! well worth doing and lots of my friends have commented on how good they look, so i would say defo go for it! :)

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2007
It sounds like you shouldn't me modifying your LCR at all, if all you're after is blue lights.

I think halfords do some lovely blue LED washer jets too!

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
got them on my cupra tdi , and they look awsome, had 6000k hids from hids4u.co.uk

went for the antiglare ones which was an extra £10.00 , so paid £80.00 which was discountedfrom the web price you see

well worth every penny IMO

leon_81

Sep 11, 2008
i have 4300k ones and think they are spot on, i had 6000k in my last car (Nissan 200sx S14a) and they were quite blue and not as bright as the 4300k

JULE5

I had HID's on my red fr+. Did look awesome, but got pulled the other day for them as apparently sussex police are cracking down on them, and as they were not in projector lamps they gave me a producer. :(

I must admit, i did have a lot of people flashing me about them due to glare.

i have one pic of the 6K hid's here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/album.php?albumid=105

really is a great mod, shame I had to remove mine. :cry:

scarface

Oct 27, 2005
West Midlands
If i went for H7 6000k HID kit:

would it pass the MOT?
are they street legal?
are they easy to fit?
are there any companies that supply and fit them?
how much for parts only?
How much would you pay for supply and fitting?
can you get or has anyone replaced fog lights, cos think it will look strange having white/blue full beams and normal (yellowish) fogs!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.