Xenon Lights on RED LCR

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
flip i thought it would be a quick job! (guides?)

its simple to do. only tools you need are cross head screwdriver and a drill with a 1inch timber drill bit! open the bonnet and take off the battery cover and the 4 screws around the light cover on the passengers side. take off the covers on the back of the lights pop out the old bulbs then drill out the hole and run in the wires for the bulbs. fit in the bulbs and hook up the wires to the power for the old bulbs, put back on the covers hook up to the ballests and find somewhere to put them. i put passengers side one in on the little shelf under the cover and the drivers side one down near the fog light secured with cable ties. if you want pics let me know!
HTH
sean

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
One thing to add is you need to remove the clip that holds the bulbs in, so the wires can pass through, 20 minutes work from start to finish, simples!

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
One thing to add is you need to remove the clip that holds the bulbs in, so the wires can pass through, 20 minutes work from start to finish, simples!
i didnt even take it out fully. just took out one side and slid the wires under it:D

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
flip i thought it would be a quick job! (guides?)

Have a read through THIS THREAD.

The photo's have gone unfortunately, but the theory is all there.

Length of time depends on you. 1st one will take the time, the 2nd one is loads quicker. Most amount of time is taken drilling the back of the light covers to allow the HID wiring thru to the lamp holders.

It's not too technical.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members