You know you have a MK4 Ibiza when...

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Rewiring the ISO connector?

Fitting a headunit to the MK4 was a bit of an arse-ache right enough - little space behind it.

ShayClk

When u look under the bonnet and the top part of the engine cover has just dissaphered! :-D

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
Anyone noticed that if you do so much as touch any area of the dash or interior it leaves a permanent mark/scuff?

Yup! :cry:

I love the boy racers in Ballymena in their clio's and corsa's who think mine is a 1.2 and try and overtake me, only to be left looking.... :redface: :lol:

Also, my headunit has a gap between the unit itself and the wee hole below it :( David @ Sere said he knew another guy who had exactly the same problem! :blink:

Oh and mine pulls to the left like nothing normal! Glad to see I'm not the only one.

But I still love it compared to the Grande Punto I had before!

Markie68

Cars = ££
Jan 15, 2008
Tamworth
when everyone who gets into the F**ker bashes your passenger door against anything thats next to it.

no matter how many times you tell them "WATCH THE BIG DOOR!":censored:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Also, my headunit has a gap between the unit itself and the wee hole below it :( David @ Sere said he knew another guy who had exactly the same problem! :blink:

Swap the head unit and storage bin around mate. I had exactly the same problem but after the swap around it's fine and dandy. Also you can use the cup holder and turn the volume up.

MadFaz

New(ish)bee
Sep 28, 2008
Bradford
thank god i didnt read this thread before i bought my car, i wouldnt have bought it!! hopefully won't get too many problems with mine, but the power/torques make up for it! :happy:

btw my cupholder is stuck :( someone help!

PH1L NI

Agnew SEAT
Jan 6, 2009
Northern Ireland
www.modmedia.co.uk
thank god i didnt read this thread before i bought my car, i wouldnt have bought it!! hopefully won't get too many problems with mine, but the power/torques make up for it! :happy:

btw my cupholder is stuck :( someone help!

Mine was stuck for weeks no mater what tools etc we tried, then one day out of the absolute blue on a carriageway at 70MPH it randomly popped out and almost put me over the barrier from fright. :lol:

MadFaz

New(ish)bee
Sep 28, 2008
Bradford
lol sounds fun :p

nah mine comes out with a stereo removal key, i dont push it all the way in, that way its okay.

but when im driving about, my standard headunit is popping out as well! wtf! :blink:

MTIbiza

www.streetmodified.co.uk
Jul 16, 2007
Crawley
Just read all 9 pages of this and it made me chuckle.... mostly because the comments are so true.

Niggles.... rear washer jet.... Powr steering pump that doesn't want to start with the rest of the car! various interior bits missing compared to others.... no glovebox or boot light but i do have a middle sun visor..... middle sunvisor that is always not quite deep enough to be useful... position of the power steering filler cap.

things i love.... When it is just cleaned it looks fookin awesome. being able to chase scoobys and porsches down country lanes :D

The owl in the exhaust (miltek turbo back)
The look on other drivers faces when they realise your car is a diesel...:D
the fact that they are rare in comparison to others.
the 175bhp and 300lb/ft torque always makes me smile.
oh and lift off over steer.....:whistle:

2 Many Ibiza's

you know you have a mk4 ibiza when

...your fuel computer lies to you telling your getting better mpg than you actually are.

...when the passenger tries getting out the car by ragging the door handle off as it doesnt open first time. Everytime the gf gets out i have to shout "TWIIIIICE!".

...when the laquer is already peeling of your FR wheels in big chunks. on an 07 plate!

...when your grandad asks..."what car have you got now Adam?"
"Its a SEAT Grandad!"
"Ah right... who makes those?"
"............oh dear!"

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
...when the passenger tries getting out the car by ragging the door handle off as it doesnt open first time. Everytime the gf gets out i have to shout "TWIIIIICE!".

Can't agree with ya more, as soon as I park up, all the passengers just keep yanking the handle, and by the time i pressed the button, they're holding the handle open so it still doesnt work :ban:

Can't agree with ya more, as soon as I park up, all the passengers just keep yanking the handle, and by the time i pressed the button, they're holding the handle open so it still doesnt work :ban:

when my door catch went i got the dealers to sort the auto lock out so it doesnt do it so one pull and there out.
the auto lock got annoying anyway as theres a button you can press to lock the doors on the inside also saves passenger confussion.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.