• No,just like nice cars

Votes: 218 75.2%
  • sometimes

Votes: 59 20.3%

• Total voters

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Well, it seems that the few LCs & LCRs round 'ere are owned by savvy - not chavvy! - folks, while 'cooking' Leons don't appear to be favoured by chavs either.

And on the ferry to the Isle of Wight Festival (last week), I couldn't help noticing that many of the cooler peeps were in Ibizas & Leons, several of which were Cupras + at least one other LCR. [B)]

TheBigGM

VTEC Who????????
Jun 20, 2009
North Wales
nonstophits.co.uk
Hey Guys,

Just a different point of view here!

I'm 20 and just bought myself a Mk1 Leon PD130 TDI (mainly because someone went into the back of my Focus tdci.

So I searched long and hard for a nice PD130 engine - looking at all the obvious choices, Mk4 Golfs, Audi A3's, Skoda Fabia vRS' and decided I wanted a Leon.

1. For its beauty - what a great looking car!

All you need to do is add the SCR front splitter and it basically makes the car!

Especially with mine being black, it looks like all the trim is colour coded - really looks nice.

Your preference if you want to lower it or not, I chose to put eibach pro springs on mine and it looks a lot nicer and handles a treat with Toyo TR-1 tyres.

There are only 2 Seat Leon's where I live, myself with the Tdi 130 and someone else I know (24 with a SCR)

We don't go 'boy racing or posing round town' just have a great passion for Leons. Me and my friend with a Fabia vRS do a lot of Sunday driving mainly a 50 mile all round trip round the North Wales Moors and that's about it apart from the obvious trips to work and back!

Gaz.

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
Nah it'll be ok. Most the young are incapable of saving money up. Also banks arent giving out loans like candy anymore.

can i ust say one thing in reply to this, im 19 years old and worked two jobs and went uni doing 75 hours a week every week with no day off in two years!!!!! i worked reli hard and managed to save up and buy a LCR. is the best thing in my life. i do drive a little fast sometime but only very rarely and wen it is safe to do so.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
can i ust say one thing in reply to this, im 19 years old and worked two jobs and went uni doing 75 hours a week every week with no day off in two years!!!!! i worked reli hard and managed to save up and buy a LCR. is the best thing in my life. i do drive a little fast sometime but only very rarely and wen it is safe to do so.

indeed.i got mine when i was 19 (im 20 now) and i saved up my pennies for my car,and now i've done more than enough to it on a students wage...respray,stage 2 mods,remap...with more to come.

just because we're young doesn't mean we can't save up to buy a decent car...

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
indeed.i got mine when i was 19 (im 20 now) and i saved up my pennies for my car,and now i've done more than enough to it on a students wage...respray,stage 2 mods,remap...with more to come.

just because we're young doesn't mean we can't save up to buy a decent car...

cheers for the support mate. its tough on us student lol, im still working one job and student loan whilst livin at home so all my student loan goes straigt on it haha.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
lol same here,got my bursery + my part time job while living at home,gives me some extra cash to pour into the cupra vortex lol...

want a hybrid turbo but need to replace bushes first...and get new tires, and rear brake pads...

hard stuff but still manageable :D

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
well stone me down............... if the lcr turns into a chav mo Beel...
im chopping mine in for a K1.......................................

you heard it hear first........................

tgorman

LCR = 285Bhp + 330Ft.lbs
Jul 22, 2009
im 19 and i left the golf mk4 scene as that has become so chavy cant go any where without seeing them
ive never seen a chavy leon at all

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Sometimes

Im 18 and like im sure most 18 year olds, i will drive fast, if its a 30 i tend to stick to it as, as they say "its 30 for a reason" i dont exactly mod my cars, dont have the money for it, when i get a full time job i may start adding a few bits and bobs there, but tasteful stuff mind, done properly (like most of you lot i persume) and not like my mate with his 1.4 8v corsa all bodged together...

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Well, I'm in Hemel, and I've only seen one other LCR around, and if I've popped by the McD drive through lateish then the car-park crew (I thought that only happened in films...) tend to have the usual assortment of OTT modifications.

When I put up some pics to show friends/workmates, opinion was split, majority said ti looked nice and really sporty, whilst a few went for that precursor to chav and called it a bit 'Kevin' :)

Personally, I'm 28 now and with I got my 03 LCR a few weeks back because I've always loved the look of it, even at stock, but the fact that it has 5 seats and a huge boot mean that it isnt a totally stupid chav purchase. I find it comfortable to ride in the morning traffic (More torque, less gear changes) and is great for overtaking, but I've only really pushed it on the right roads.

Lets hope they dont get too chavvy...

JP

Jerry*

Aug 12, 2009
Leeds
I personally wouldn't say that the Leon is a chav car. However there is every chance it will get that way because its about affordable performance and cheap bling!

So-called chavs seem to want to have the headline power figures, the fastest car on the estate or the blingest badge on the bonnet etc... so of course a 222bhp LCR or something will be pretty desireable to them, unless of course there's a cheaper Skyline GTS-t or Scooby for sale in the Autotrader nearby...

Its like anything though, once they drop in price to the levels that the less well off drivers can afford then there's more scope for tasteless morons to buy them, and we'll see more of them with God awful mods and stuff stuck onto them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for personalising cars and subtle enhancements, but some people really haven't got a clue and ruin perfectly good cars with dross.

There seems to be a lot of criticism of Saxos on this thread lol.. just because they are cheap doesn't make them bad cars. I'm not really a fan of French stuff but for the money, Saxo VTRs are great little pocket rockets that are very easily tuneable.

J:)

DarkAge

pretty much any car you dont like is a chav car. It's a part of "maturing". My first project car was a Citroen saxo, back then i didnt consider it a chav car. Then i upgraded to a BMW, guess what i thought of the saxo then ? about 10 cars later, i would probably consider the majority of hatchback cars chav cars... Even though they are still a lot of fun to drive... :)

Downing17

Leon owner at 17 :)

I'm 17 and got a Leon as my first car! However I'm not a Chav and only have it because i got an apprenticeship instead of going to college! I dont think many young people have leons as they arn't that cheap! Plus insurance is a Killer mine £2200 :( But so worth the luxtury of a Leon !! I dont know anybody my age with one in my area!

PHIL LCR

Aug 27, 2009
Herts
I'm a 36 year old father of three children, certainly not a chav! :happy: I got my LCR because of the blinding reviews I read. It ticks all the boxes for me, performance, practicality. exclusivity (where I live anyway).

I think any hot hatch will become easily affordable and accessible by the younger generation at some point, but when that time comes hopefully by then their elders will be driving something better.

Modding is all about personal taste, so if some young lad wants to turn his car into a magnet and drive through Halfrauds that's up to him, so long as he doesn't drive into my car or my family whilst behaving like a twat, that's a fair one! ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members