mk2 8v cupra gti cupra sport

cuprasp_mark

ow do all right ive had my ibiza a good wlile 4 years to be exact its been layed up the last 12 months due to have use of other cars im now bringing it out of retierment lol its allways smead slow and underpowered for a 2.0 lump any one have any sugestions of how to get any more go out of it with out spending thousands :D

cuprasp_mark

cars always been over serviced lol oil and filter evey 6k main evey year and had a main as well :D

j.cavo

8 valves of pure power
Aug 6, 2009
Liverpool
ow do all right ive had my ibiza a good wlile 4 years to be exact its been layed up the last 12 months due to have use of other cars im now bringing it out of retierment lol its allways smead slow and underpowered for a 2.0 lump any one have any sugestions of how to get any more go out of it with out spending thousands :D

8v for you probly want to think about removing weight if you want more or you could try an induction kit an exhaust system but your not going to get major gains without major cash or droping a 16v lump in it :think:

cuprasp_mark

car has always been underpowered or so it seams nothing new throttle body was done las service havent started using it again yet just starting to get all parts sorted to get it through the mot as its been standing :cry:

j.cavo

8 valves of pure power
Aug 6, 2009
Liverpool
car has always been underpowered or so it seams nothing new throttle body was done las service havent started using it again yet just starting to get all parts sorted to get it through the mot as its been standing :cry:

well its only 115bhp so maybe thats the problem most 1.6 16vs have a close enough power mite be that your used to faster cars

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Don't listen to Pedro..... there's more than 115bhp under there!

There is....... no more than 125 stock though! The 8v is capable of a lot more, but they under engineered it as it would of ruined the 16v sales.

So unless you've got deep pockets and fancy nitrous or a charger your not going to get the best from it.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
i am with you kid,

i dont think the 8v engine is one to be messed with unless you spend big bucks. The best thing about the engine and the gti 8v itself is that its got great pull, decent insurance and its different to all the other saxo's and fiesta's out there.

j.cavo

8 valves of pure power
Aug 6, 2009
Liverpool
i am with you kid,

i dont think the 8v engine is one to be messed with unless you spend big bucks. The best thing about the engine and the gti 8v itself is that its got great pull, decent insurance and its different to all the other saxo's and fiesta's out there.

agreed but you will never see ne real gains with put no cam and a remap and nitrous or a charger