Which bulb size for HID kit?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
As you have a FR it will have twin headlights... get H7R bulbs with your kit so you don`t burn people`s retinas ;)

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
i tried some ebay special H7R bulbs, seems the light filtering is done by heat resistant paint. Is this true on all bulbs of this type?

The ones i bought were horridly painted on, had smudges on the edges, not clear cut at all, plus scattered light everywhere, to make things worse it started smoking, seemed my ballast was ok, but now i got some charring on my reflector!

Gone back to my normal HIDs4U Ultimate, worth the extra monies i say

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
i tried some ebay special H7R bulbs, seems the light filtering is done by heat resistant paint. Is this true on all bulbs of this type?

The ones i bought were horridly painted on, had smudges on the edges, not clear cut at all, plus scattered light everywhere, to make things worse it started smoking, seemed my ballast was ok, but now i got some charring on my reflector!

Gone back to my normal HIDs4U Ultimate, worth the extra monies i say

I would say that coating them in heat-resistant paint would be the only way to do it,
I got mine from hids4u (pro+ 35w H7R 5000k kit) and had no problems with them.
The light pattern is good and the coating still seems fine (had them about 9 months).

I`ve learnt that you get what you pay for when it comes to bulbs, went through loads of cheap halogens before finally spending decent money on some osrams for mine and philips for her car. It`s worth going for a good brand to get good performance and long life.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise