BBS CH Reps What Width on Cupra? UPDATE BBS CH REPS FITTED (PICS INSIDE)

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Car ****!!

They look great Davey and i like the yellow BBS in the centre caps.

The back definately takes the 9inches, fills it out well and the stretch looks good too.

Still dont understand why, to me, yours looks lower than mine lol but you have no noticable camber at the back whereas mine does so... i must be a bit lower!

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
I've just fitted a genuine set of CH's to mine - they are incredibly light :)

IMG_6080-vi.jpg

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
@ NickP - what colour are those CH's? Its maybe just my work screen but is there a hint of bronze there or are they just the normal gun metal grey/silver?

What made you change from your CK's?

I have always had it in the back of my mind to change my rims but i want to change to something that no one has done before and also been thinking of bronze for their colour as i think it might look quite well against the white... All depends on what rim i opt for in the end. It will be a good bit into the future as performance is no. 1 on the list!

Last edited:

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
Very strong though - these are from the Factory UK VW Race team, and even after a couple of seasons hard racing, were absolutely straight - the tyre fitter even commented on how true and easy to balance they were!

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Hi guys, I am looking at buying an 18 inch set of BBS CH deep dish reps for my Mk2 Cupra.

The guy I am buying them off says to put 8 inch wide rims on the front and 9 inch wide on the rears. I will be reusing my 225/40/18 tyres from my standard Cupra wheels.

But I wreckon 8 inch wide all round with maybe a set of 10mm hubcentric wheel spacers on all corners as well.

What do you guys recommend?

UPDATE:

I got the rims yesterday, 18x9 inch on rear and 18x8 inch on front. Had 3 mates plus myself in car last night and no scrubbing or rubbing :)

DSC00830.jpg
]
DSC00829.jpg
]
DSC00828.jpg
]
DSC00831.jpg
]

They look fantastic! At first I thought they were 19's. I suppose its the style of the CH's.

What suspension set-up do you have on. Have you done springs only or coil overs?

Is there any weight penalty on the reps? I think my 19" BBS CK's weigh about the same as the standard Cupra Orion wheels.

Enjoy....

RickyD

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Ricky,

I have only got 50mm Eibach Sportlines and standard shocks, though after nearly 8k the standard shocks and the bad roads in Northern Ireland aren't getting along, the shocks are starting to weep a fair amount of oil :(

I am going to replace the shocks soon with KYB gas shocks to correct this.

The BBS CH reps are a good 3-4kg heavier in my estimation than the cupra rims but I don't really notice it in the driving of the car.

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
I think he posted ET45 ? the extra weight of the wheels arn't going to help the shocks, what about getting something like the H&R cup kit or even the Eibach dampers ???

Just wondering, how does the weight of the wheels effect the dampers?
Surely all it would do is make the steering feel heavier?

The CH's look lovely, i have had my eye on them for a long time, but i always find something else to spend my money on!!:p

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
SteveTDCI,

Yes mate, you are right ET45 all round. I am going today to pick up a set of KYB Ultra SR gas dampers for the car, my mate has them on a VXR Astra and they are brilliant for the money, only £450 for the full set ;)

ross27,

Yeah the extra weight makes the steering heavier but in a good way IMHO.

FR_Flavoured

Yeah mate, H&R's would be my choice if doing it again as I think the Eibach are too low and have prematurely killed my shocks

What benefits would there be with a H&R Spring Kit, over say the Eibach Pro Kit?
As the Eibach Pro kit provides a lesser 30mm drop, while the Sportlines are known to drop the car more.

How do you find the ride, on your Sportlines?

See, I plan to fit the Sportlines soon, so am gauging Spring experiences atm. ;)

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
FR Flavoured,

The H&R's are generally regarded as being the better quality spring than the Prokit Eibachs.

I can't speak of personal experience on the H&R's because I have never had a set, just from people I know who had them rated them highly for handling and comfort.

I have had Eibach Prokit on my old 2007 Leon FR TDI and I loved them, not as 'jiggly' for want of a better word, as the Sportlines I have on my Cupra.

The reaon I went for Sportlines this time is that I wanted the car to be lower than my old FR, but if I was buying again I would go for the Prokit or the H&Rs because the ride on the Sportlines is very hard and my standard SEAT dampers are now done after only 29k!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.