HID kit for ibiza ?

Mar 19, 2010
thanks mate. had a look on ebay but didnt know which where going to be tacky or decent ones

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Well first you need to know which bulbs your car takes, as there are two types of headlight fitted to the mk4. It will be either H7 or H4.
If it takes H7 then I recommend you go for a kit which has H7R bulbs as they produce a better beam pattern and don`t dazzle as much.

Last edited:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I own a 52 plate PD130 ibiza sport , do you know which ones it has ?

That will be a H7 fitment for dipped beam mate. As I said try to get a kit with H7R bulbs as they don`t dazzle other drivers as much... (but they will still need the alignment checking after fitting).

There are two types of ballast available, one type is slimmer and this is handy if you want to mount it somewhere more discreet.

Oh and you will need to choose the colour temperature you want too.

Mar 19, 2010
6000 k looks good for me, looking on HID4u , good prices and look the part. Are these permanently dipped beam ? or can be put on full beam like normal bulbs ?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
With the headlights you have, one H7R kit will just do dipped beam... you`ll need a seperate H3 kit to do main beam too.

Yeah great quality and service with hids4u, and if you google for discount codes you can get another 10-15% off too.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
so id need 2 kits for both beams then ?

Yes but most people don`t convert the main beam aswell as dip. I have`nt and as long as your current bulbs in main beam are good you should`nt need to.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
ah right , i get it now. will get some H7R's tommorow i think :)

Yeah it`s because of the warm up period of HID`s... you can`t really flash your main beam to signal people if you convert them too as they take a few seconds to reach full brightness.

Nice one [B)] if you go hids4u, check out discount codes mate.

Mar 19, 2010
On the HID4u page for H7 HID kit , does quantity "1" mean bulbs for both lights or just one bulb and ballast ??

PPH

How many bulbs/balasts etc are required in order to have full and dipped beams, I am interesed in getting an HID kit that is reliable and easy to install for a total novice that actually works and provides the brightest illumination possible.

I am not concerned about the 'blue' look but want the emmission to light as much of the road ahead as possible, alot more than the standard bulbs - any recommendations?

Any and all help appreciated. ( I am in Southampton ) Any stores recommended ?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
On the HID4u page for H7 HID kit , does quantity "1" mean bulbs for both lights or just one bulb and ballast ??

That`s one complete kit mate, two bulbs two ballasts.

I recommend checking the H7R box, I know they are £10 more but they are worth it.
And when you go to checkout your basket there is a box on the bottom right for a discount coupon ;) (if you need one I`ll PM you)... knocks £26 off.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
How many bulbs/balasts etc are required in order to have full and dipped beams, I am interesed in getting an HID kit that is reliable and easy to install for a total novice that actually works and provides the brightest illumination possible.

I am not concerned about the 'blue' look but want the emmission to light as much of the road ahead as possible, alot more than the standard bulbs - any recommendations?

Any and all help appreciated. ( I am in Southampton ) Any stores recommended ?

Hi mate, you would need two complete kits - assuming you have the twin headlights that is! One H7/H7R kit for dip and one H3 kit for main.
If you have the single headlights you would need a H4 bi-xenon kit - this uses one bulb for both dip and main.

I think they are all pretty reliable really, and easy to install... just a case of finding somewhere good to mount the ballasts!

Any 35w hid kit will produce about ~300% more light than halogens or so they say, which is why it`s important to align them properly after fitting.
The colour that produces the most light output is 4300k (slight yellow/white), then 5000k(white), then 6000k(light blue) and so on...
I went for 5000k, as it is the highest available H7R from hids4u - I would have got 4300k if I could of.

Can`t recommend any stores I`m afraid but I hope that info helps.

PPH

Aha, thanks Neo , you ARE 'the one' :D

I believe mine are H4 so I'll need 1 of those kits then, and a couple of small cable ties in order to mont the ballats safely somewhere.

They are rather expensive at either £173 for the 'Ultimate' or £270 for the 'Supreme Vision' version so I imagine, they must be massively better than the standard fitted bulbs.

hmmm.....might have to save a bit then, didn't realise they were so costly.

Ironically it appears that HIDS4U are based in Southampton too so might have to visit sometime soon.

Thanks for your help, a discount code will certain soften the blow. ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.