HID kit for ibiza ?

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
That`s one complete kit mate, two bulbs two ballasts.

I recommend checking the H7R box, I know they are £10 more but they are worth it.
And when you go to checkout your basket there is a box on the bottom right for a discount coupon ;) (if you need one I`ll PM you)... knocks £26 off.

If you could PM me that discount coupon aswell i'd much appreciate it:)

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Aha, thanks Neo , you ARE 'the one' :D

I believe mine are H4 so I'll need 1 of those kits then, and a couple of small cable ties in order to mont the ballats safely somewhere.

They are rather expensive at either £173 for the 'Ultimate' or £270 for the 'Supreme Vision' version so I imagine, they must be massively better than the standard fitted bulbs.

hmmm.....might have to save a bit then, didn't realise they were so costly.

Ironically it appears that HIDS4U are based in Southampton too so might have to visit sometime soon.

Thanks for your help, a discount code will certain soften the blow. ;)

LOL yeah, the matrix comes out and all of a sudden I`m copying! :rolleyes: You can call me Neil. :)

The Pro plus 35w H4 kit comes out at £110 with discount code. You don`t need the ultimate kit for the mk4, but they try to steer you that way. The highest output the bulbs come in is 5000k. I have no idea what the "supreme vision" is, but 35w hid bulbs are PLENTY bright!

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
what about these?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/shopping_cart.php

they seem cheap and next day delivery.

They'd be fine for my ibiza cupra tdi wouldn't they?

And i think it'll be a pain to fit, not much room under my bonnet. Was a real pain trying to change bulbs when they went in 1st place, nevermind installing these. ha

Hi mate, did`nt see them (In work atm), and your cart is now empty so did you buy `em?
They were`nt H4`s were they? lol

Yep very little space in the Tdi`s!

Last edited:

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
I bought a 35W kit from hids direct, 5000k and H7R. Really cant fault them. I had one ballast corrode on me when it was exposed to the salt and damp of winter past, but was replaced under warranty without a problem :D

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
Hi mate, did`nt see them (In work atm), and your cart is now empty so did you buy `em?
They were`nt H4`s were they? lol

Yep very little space in the Tdi`s!

I dont know why they weren't there, someone else on here must have bought them.

Here they are again,

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-co...beam-canbus-pro-hid-conversion-kit-p-453.html

I selected the 4300k H7R ones. That would be right for my 54plate ibiza cupra tdi wouldn't it? My main beam and dipped beam are different bulbs.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
Oh and there's these

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-co...5w-single-beam-hid-conversion-kits-p-265.html

only difference is,

1. its not a slim ballast (maybe harder to fit)
2. 10quid less (yay, but not always a good sign)
3. not a can-bus (bothered ha)
4.only 1years warrenty (most putting off)
5. lifetime hours is 500less (not too keen)
6 you can get it in 5000k (which i'd rather have)

What do you think? Im thinking i'd rather pay 10quid more, and get the extra year and bulb hours for peace of mind. Even if they don't do it in the colour i want.

stebbi

Got Boost???
Jun 10, 2008
Preston
i got mine from Diane-shop on ebay for 44 delivered, they've been perfect for me and the car has just passed its mot. and loads of vag people use them across loads of forums.

thats for 6000k but i cant see it being difficult to source some 5000k bulbs. sod paying like £150+ when the same is available for 44 lol

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Oh and there's these

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-co...5w-single-beam-hid-conversion-kits-p-265.html

only difference is,

1. its not a slim ballast (maybe harder to fit)
2. 10quid less (yay, but not always a good sign)
3. not a can-bus (bothered ha)
4.only 1years warrenty (most putting off)
5. lifetime hours is 500less (not too keen)
6 you can get it in 5000k (which i'd rather have)

What do you think? Im thinking i'd rather pay 10quid more, and get the extra year and bulb hours for peace of mind. Even if they don't do it in the colour i want.

I could`nt find a "standard" kit on there but you have... that would also be fine mate.
However I`ve always thought that it`s always worth paying more to get exactly what you want Dom, such is life! :lol:
Can-bus is a modern type of wiring system that is becoming more common, basically cars with this system will light up a warning on the dash when you fit hid`s... so these cars need warning cancellors supplied with the kit. The mk4 Beeza does`nt have can-bus.

If there not the colour you want then no.

Check out this xenon colour comparison, I'd go for 5000K

edit -

What's the difference in H7 & H7R?

Yeah there are loads of colour charts however I have`nt found any two the same! 6000k is a bit bluer to the eye than in that chart and 5000k is whiter.
H7 is the standard type of bulb and H7R`s have a black cover over about half of the bulb to reduce glare and try to aim the beam more accurately. They do make a difference if you care about not blinding people!

why would it be more difficult for 5000K?

5000k has alawys been more rare as far as I have noticed, google it or type it into ebay and you get nowhere near the results you get if you type, say.. 6000k.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.