Goodbye Ibiza :-( Hello MK7 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S :-)

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Sorry for delay in reply Andy, my schedule has been a little..."Busy" shall I put it :p

But yeah, as regards the speakers first of all. Did you pay for the upgrade on them, so you get 6 speakers instead of the usual 4? And I also read that it does give you that little bit more RMS power as well :) The dealer let me turn it up a bit...but not too much hahaha! But what I heard it was a nice sound anyway! But I daren't say that I won't be ripping mine out...because I probably will after a few months.

Can't wait for mine...only 4 weeks now until I can pick it up!!

As for the Mountune kit:

Well, I was hesitant at first as to whether or not I would get it fitted...after reading the many review saying that it is loud...so I decided to go and see for myself...

It is noisey...no doubt about it. But no louder than my Punto with an exhaust on. It's basically just a loud exhaust haha, it doesn't hurt your ears. Only time it can get a bit too much is when you really thrash it at around 5,500rpm or so! But obviously that doesn't happen too much on the roads. Though, I can imagine it scaring a few OAP's at the traffic lights!! HAHAHA!

On another note, between 2-5,000 RPM the exhaust was obviously noisier than the standard but not too much. As I say it was just that little bit extra that you started to notice it.

IMO, all the reviews were written by middle-aged men who obviosuly have duff ears :p So it will hurt theirs...But I am 19 and it didn't bother me.

Only thing is the price. £1500 is a bit steep. Although it does bring it to the same performance as the previous Fiesta ST model!!

Oh and as for the links, if you could send us one then that would be great ;)

Yeah mate i opted for the bluetooth/voice control extra which gets you the extra speakers. I cant believe it only comes with 2 as standard.
Im hooking my sub and amp this weekend so hopefully it will sound even better.

I agree that £1500 sounds steep for just a small bhp increase but when you add up the costs of a remap, full exhaust system, air filter you wouldn't be far off. And the fact that warranty isnt affected is good.

i'll pm you the links mate.

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
well I'm loving the new ibizas, and don't really like the look of the ford I'm sorry to say.. buti did see this and thought it looked pretty good, specially liking the wheels.

I'm sure it's a fine car mate, and good luck with your plans but personally I prefer the SEAT over the Ford.

-Cyph

Each to their own matey!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Cheers for the comments mate!

Im quite happy with the wheels at the moment, although its the obvious change that would make the car look unique.

As for coilovers, i dont think there is any developed for the MK7 yet.

my mates got one of these but the diesel one and he emailed a few companies about coilovers. spax replied saying that for 200 quid and borrowing the car for 4-5 days next month they would fit some spax rsx coilies to it. Hes abit to far away though so had to decline, maybe worth asking the question, would be mint to be the first mk7 on coilies!

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
my mates got one of these but the diesel one and he emailed a few companies about coilovers. spax replied saying that for 200 quid and borrowing the car for 4-5 days next month they would fit some spax rsx coilies to it. Hes abit to far away though so had to decline, maybe worth asking the question, would be mint to be the first mk7 on coilies!

Since i posted that theres been some developed, can't remember which company but they are about £800!

I agree though that the mk7 would look even better slammed!

Im still struglling for other mod ideas though!

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Since i posted that theres been some developed, can't remember which company but they are about £800!

I agree though that the mk7 would look even better slammed!

Im still struglling for other mod ideas though!

yeh kw make them but they at proper top end expensive ones, the spax rsx ones are stainless and have adjustable damping like so are pretty damn good! Thats why they were only 200 quid because they will obviously be using his car as a development model, get it done, 200 quid all fitted and set up for stainless, damping adjustable coilies is nothing :p

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
yeh kw make them but they at proper top end expensive ones, the spax rsx ones are stainless and have adjustable damping like so are pretty damn good! Thats why they were only 200 quid because they will obviously be using his car as a development model, get it done, 200 quid all fitted and set up for stainless, damping adjustable coilies is nothing :p

Where abouts are they based matey?

I must admit, it is very tempting!

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Hey all, not posted on here for a while!

A few mods in progress:

DSC02697.jpg

White and black badges to replace existing blue and white ones.

DSC02696.jpg

K&N panel filter.

Now to dig her out of the snow and fit them!

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Fitted some Phillips Bluevision bulbs and new sidelights. Quite easy to fit, although having to pull the light unit off the white clips is quite nerve racking!

Ive took some pics but they dont show the difference well really. My personal opinion is that the bluevisions are far better than standard!! Definitly recommend them to those who dont want to mess about with the issues with HID's.

before pic:

DSC01988-1.jpg

After:

DSC02722.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
The new fiesta is the best super mini on the market by miles. If they did a hot version i would break my neck to go and buy one. The ride and handling for the car of that size are simply a cut above, i would go as far as to say, if you bought a corsa or 207 instead of fiesta you need your ****ing head looking at. Superb choice mate, not enough grunt for me. But im hoping fords RS division get hold of it in the near future, and bang a 200bhp 1.6 ecoboost engine and revoknuckle suspension on it.

car_photo_252081_25-copy.jpg

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
The new fiesta is the best super mini on the market by miles. If they did a hot version i would break my neck to go and buy one. The ride and handling for the car of that size are simply a cut above, i would go as far as to say, if you bought a corsa or 207 instead of fiesta you need your ****ing head looking at. Superb choice mate, not enough grunt for me. But im hoping fords RS division get hold of it in the near future, and bang a 200bhp 1.6 ecoboost engine and revoknuckle suspension on it.

car_photo_252081_25-copy.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments mate. I can back them up on my personal experience, the car does handle well, and the build quality is superb!

The power is enough for me at the moment since i moved up from a little 1.2 beeza!

However i may look into the mountune upgrade in the future!

Bowen

Jun 5, 2009
on daveibiza's drive.
hi mate,

The more i see these the more i like them. Personally i would have gone for the titanium pack, alot more toys for the cash.

Are you a member of ukfn? Lots of good info on there for fiesta owners.

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
hi mate,

The more i see these the more i like them. Personally i would have gone for the titanium pack, alot more toys for the cash.

Are you a member of ukfn? Lots of good info on there for fiesta owners.

I looked into getting the titanium pack but you dont get the same sports seats as the zetec-s, also its higher and covered in chrome! didnt fancy that!

Yeah im a member of ukfn, not been on it much since the whole virus thing they had over there a while back.

AlistairS

Jan 3, 2008
Stirlingshire
Have you done anymore mods to your Zetec S? I'm getting a Sea Grey one in a few weeks with the mountune upgrade fitted. Really would prefer it to have black alloys tbh rather than the std ones

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Have you done anymore mods to your Zetec S? I'm getting a Sea Grey one in a few weeks with the mountune upgrade fitted. Really would prefer it to have black alloys tbh rather than the std ones

No matey, not done anything for a while now! Been far too busy with uni. The Mountune will be class!