Goodbye Ibiza :-( Hello MK7 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S :-)

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Hi all,

Some of you will know ive sold the Ibiza and have been waiting for delivery of my new car.
Anyways its finally arrived.

Its an 09 plate Mk7 Ford Fiesta Zetec S in frozen White. 1.6 petrol (122bhp)

It has the followin extras:
-Street pack (consists of; 17" wheels, tinted windows and ESP)
- Side Skirts
- Bluetooth/USB with voice control conectivity
- Alloy pedals.

Ive only drove the car 100miles but first impressions:
- The build quality is brilliant!
- The car looks amazing!
- The power delivery is lovely and smooth
- Gearbox and handling are both superb
- Bluetooth and voice control work brilliantly
- Sound system really good as standard, a might not even bother putting my sub in.

Ive taken some pics of it today, but as i used my phone there not the best.

Exterior:

DSC01973.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

DSC01975.jpg

DSC01976.jpg

DSC01977.jpg

DSC01978.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

DSC01982.jpg

Last edited:

brad1

should have stuck to a seat to be honest, a few people may rip it out of you for buing a ford lol

brad1

Yeah they come with drums, reason i know is my mate wrote his off and it was missing a back wheel and back end was ruined lol

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
i really do like the look of these cars and this one looks really nice! id have one! this is the first time ive seen insude one tho and things that dont do it for me tho are i think the dash and dials look crap and the power would be like goin backwards!

from the outside tho it looks mint, a really eye catching car

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
should have stuck to a seat to be honest, a few people may rip it out of you for buing a ford lol

Theres no way i could have bought the new ibiza, the look of it does nothing for me. The back end is terrible, and the ride height is laughable imo.

No doubt the Cupra will look class, but thats way out of my price range at the moment and i couldnt afford to wait for it be available.

Last edited:

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
i really do like the look of these cars and this one looks really nice! id have one! this is the first time ive seen insude one tho and things that dont do it for me tho are i think the dash and dials look crap and the power would be like goin backwards!

from the outside tho it looks mint, a really eye catching car

I was scepticle of the interior dash before i saw it, but in the flesh it looks brilliant. The photo's really dont do it justice.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Yeah they come with drums, reason i know is my mate wrote his off and it was missing a back wheel and back end was ruined lol

yeah i noticed they had drums to! sure thats like goin back in time a far as tech wise goes! ill add that to my list of dislikes!

but again i think they are a really nice looking car from the outside!

brad1

how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking, oh and i didnt like the new ibiza when it first came out, but i saw the pics of the new cupra ibiza from seat the other day and i was like :drool:

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
have to agree with this as well the styling on the new ibiza is nothing short of awful! i also think this about the leons! id much rather the fiesta

I love the look of the Leon Fr, cupra, k1, but the base models aren't up to much in my opinion.

If i'd have got the Ibiza, id have got a slower engine than the fiesta and i'd have immediatly had to look into lowering it etc, to make it look respectable. As much as i'd have loved to stay with Seat, the Fiesta seemed a no brainer for me.

No doubt ill return back to the Seat fold at some point in the future, so please go easy on me guys lol:)

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking, oh and i didnt like the new ibiza when it first came out, but i saw the pics of the new cupra ibiza from seat the other day and i was like :drool:

I paid £12,500 all in. (i.e extra's as mentioned above, tax, registration etc.)
I ordered mine before Ford did their price increase and managed to get a good discount as my uncle has links with Ford.

I agree with you that the Ibiza Cupra looks good, but i can't afford it and can't get insured on it. If i'd have gone for the ibiza 1.6, i'd have had to spend loads on it in attempt to get it close to looking as good as the cupra model. IMO the Fiesta looks brilliant as standard.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.