Goodbye Ibiza :-( Hello MK7 Ford Fiesta Zetec-S :-)

Ibiza 09

not a huge fan of the new fiesta but this one i like. I had a mk6 until i got the ibiza prefer the ibiza but may return to the fiesta in 2012 - if i have the finances to get a new car, but also looking at the ibiza boc and the leon fr and audi a3/s3

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
Really like your car mate it's flipping loverly! Miles better than the new Ibiza
IMO particularly that bocanegra with it's stupid black face lol.

No doubt this is the engine fitted to the fiesta previously ?
It's a proper sorted engine, super reliable :)
my brother has a 155bhp mk5 fiesta goes like stink like.

Be interested to see what your doing with it? Shawspeed released cams yet?

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
Really like your car mate it's flipping loverly! Miles better than the new Ibiza
IMO particularly that bocanegra with it's stupid black face lol.

No doubt this is the engine fitted to the fiesta previously ?
It's a proper sorted engine, super reliable :)
my brother has a 155bhp mk5 fiesta goes like stink like.

Be interested to see what your doing with it? Shawspeed released cams yet?

Im not sure whether its the same engine, i think its new? Its the 1.6 tvci engine.

I dont think Shawspeed have released cams yet, the big mods seem to be slow in coming!

Mountune and Pumaspeed seem to be the only 'big' mods on offer at the moment.

I love the mk5 Fezzy's by the way, class little cars, my mate had a red one, mint!

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
ill have to have a dig around then :)

is the pumaspeed same sort of spec as the mountune then?

yer it is mint its lowered on avo coilieswith rose jointed bottom camber adjustable arms and rose jointed rear beam stripped out with 2 buckets
its a right weapon! lol

i wonder if the more desired puma box will fit on yours then? :)

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
yeah the pumaspeed is a smiliar sort of thing, but if i remember correctly, they sell all the bits seperate aswell. Mountune only sell the whole package.

And pumaspeed invalidates the warrenty, mountune doesnt!

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
sweet! its just im considering one of these now after i had a good look at a new ibiza.
ford always seems to get their cars sat just right (bar ford ka). seat on the other hand i could probably drive underneath one in my car lol. nice car tho mate best colour :p

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
a nice looking motor certainly come on along way from the old bag of bolts ford used to sell

my mate has a silver one which he montuned after about 2 months of owning the standard model. from what he said, the engine feels like it has alot more torque and is similar to the old Fiesta ST that he owned before his old focus ST, shame about the yellow stripes they do ruin the look of his car,

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
sweet! its just im considering one of these now after i had a good look at a new ibiza.
ford always seems to get their cars sat just right (bar ford ka). seat on the other hand i could probably drive underneath one in my car lol. nice car tho mate best colour :p

Cheers matey!

Check out ZSOC or fordownersclub if your thinking of getting one, loads of good info over there. Real friendly community!

Ford have just brought out an zs s1600, limited edition. Very very pricey in my opinion. Pics and info below, (make sure you scroll down page, as there are more pics!):

http://www.autocarbe.com/search/ford+transit+kombi+sport

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
a nice looking motor certainly come on along way from the old bag of bolts ford used to sell

my mate has a silver one which he montuned after about 2 months of owning the standard model. from what he said, the engine feels like it has alot more torque and is similar to the old Fiesta ST that he owned before his old focus ST, shame about the yellow stripes they do ruin the look of his car,

Yeah is see what you mean about the stripes. If i had the upgrade id proabably leave the stripes off, or have the carbon effect ones.

The only thing putting me off is the exhaust note being too loud, what does your mates sound like?

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
its more snorty than loud if you get my meaning, when cruising it doesn't interfear as much as you may think with the driving comfort. Certainly no more than say sticking on a non resonated milltek system onto a mk4 cupra

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members