fitted forge split r lost a little power????

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
hi there some of you guys may remember me, i use to have black cupra r now i have a new one which is the same but in red. :lol:

last night i fitted a forge dump valve split r on it and it has lost acceleration performance, does anyone know the right click setting :confused:
thanks in advance;)

turbin

split-t valves also move slowly and have a tendency of leaking. Do the leak test. Get a 007P and youll never look back.

s4oopie

Boost Junkie
Jul 9, 2009
the car wash ;)
jusy put a 007p on mine in reverse mode .... sounds awsome to be fair ... as mentioned above have you tried running it in full re-circ mode yet ? only other suggestion would be to go click by click and take for a run after each turn to see how it performs mate :D

s4oopie

Boost Junkie
Jul 9, 2009
the car wash ;)
how do i put it on full recirculation ??
you should have been supplied with a blanking plug that replaces the trumpet mate simply unscrew the trumpet and screw the blanking plate in the space left ... :) hope that helps mate :)

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
how do i put it on full recirculation ??
you should have been supplied with a blanking plug that replaces the trumpet mate simply unscrew the trumpet and screw the blanking plate in the space left ... :) hope that helps mate :)

okay yep i know what you mean now lol thanks mate,
another thing a local garage lad has jus told me to extend the dump valve pipes with silicon pipes and mount the dump valve near the front grill so that you can hear it more!
what do u reakon any problems or should it be okay?

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
well if you have it on recirc that wont make a blind bit of difference as the sound is coming out your air filter lol

yeah that is a valid point, if i leave it as atsopheric then it will sound louder if it at the front do you think that good or bad idea? is it bad for turbo thats the main point:confused:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You need to have it on full re-circ.

The split-r causes limp mode.

Not exactly true if they are set up right they work fine, I ran a spilt R on mine for 3 years with no problems at all.

okay yep i know what you mean now lol thanks mate,
another thing a local garage lad has jus told me to extend the dump valve pipes with silicon pipes and mount the dump valve near the front grill so that you can hear it more!
what do u reakon any problems or should it be okay?

Sounds like he's talking about makeing your own cold side relocatin kit, Personally I would'nt,
If youi want mor noise remove the sound deadening from the bonnet and fit a cone fitter or mod your airbox.

As for "clicks" Forge say on install turn the adjuster fully anti-clockwise, start the engine and allow to idle, then screw the adjuster clockwise till it stops ratleing, between 1-2 full turns.

If these are set up right they DO work, it just takes a bit of time getting them right

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
Not exactly true if they are set up right they work fine, I ran a spilt R on mine for 3 years with no problems at all.

Sounds like he's talking about makeing your own cold side relocatin kit, Personally I would'nt,
If youi want mor noise remove the sound deadening from the bonnet and fit a cone fitter or mod your airbox.

As for "clicks" Forge say on install turn the adjuster fully anti-clockwise, start the engine and allow to idle, then screw the adjuster clockwise till it stops ratleing, between 1-2 full turns.

If these are set up right they DO work, it just takes a bit of time getting them right

okay mate thanks for the advice, would you defo not the the extension on the pipes then?
what damage could it do?:blink:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I would'nt no,
If you want it closer to the front of the bay then buy Forge's relocation kit.
I'm not sure but going buy what you were told to do it could induce lag or cause the DV not to work right which could cause limp mode.
Also it could look a bit of a bodge

s4oopie

Boost Junkie
Jul 9, 2009
the car wash ;)
if you were to route the valve closer to the from it would take longer to get working could cause the ecu to read it as loss of boost ... as above mentioned relocation kit from forge is the best bet to get it moved but once its set up right it should sound loud enough also pulled my sound deadening material off for more sound ;)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
if you were to route the valve closer to the front it would take longer to get working could cause the ecu to read it as loss of boost ... as above mentioned relocation kit from forge is the best bet to get it moved but once its set up right it should sound loud enough also pulled my sound deadening material off for more sound ;)

No it wont, it doesn't matter if you use the forge kit or go custom you are still moving the DV to the front, the only benifits you will get is that the DV will run cooler, my mate (Cupra R_lad Post 153 shows good pics) has a custom re-location and it still sounds as loud as my normal located DV, moving the DV to the front will NOT cause any damage.

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
No it wont, it doesn't matter if you use the forge kit or go custom you are still moving the DV to the front, the only benifits you will get is that the DV will run cooler, my mate (Cupra R_lad Post 153 shows good pics) has a custom re-location and it still sounds as loud as my normal located DV, moving the DV to the front will NOT cause any damage.

Okay pal thanks for that, it helps a lot I think am gonna order some red forge hosing and re locate the dump.
Thanks for all your help guys will give u an update how it goes :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i had 3 forge split r dump valve. all of them made me go into limp mode. i have never had a problem with the forge 007p tho :) if you want noise run a 007p in reverse with the sound proofing removed from the under side of the bonnet. also a cone filter. now you will have loud noise :) even more with a remap

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
hi friends i have decided that i am bored of the whoosh noise already. want to put the split r in recirculation set up. can someone please tell me how to do it. do i need certain clicks again? i have gt the blanking gromit in and removed trumpet. is that all i do or have i got to set it up again with clicks?
thanks in advance :blink:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise