Handy things to know about your Ibiza MK5

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Must be, my MY09 doesn't do it, I've also tried all the other buttons and a host of combinations but to no avail :eek:\

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Radio thing must be MY11 only - nothing happened on my MY10 radio, or maybe I was doing it wrong, but I know the MY11 models have different radios - (look the same but better screen apparently)

Mine is a MY10. ( September 2010 )

Start with the key OUT of the ignition

Press and hold in the MENU button - keep it held in whilst you turn on the ignition.

After a few seconds a menu pops up where you can select INFO or TEST

alex13p

∫℮ª↑ ©ч‽Яд
Jan 17, 2011
Fleet, Hampshire
52848b47-28a6-296f.jpg

thats all it does, just random numbers. nothing interesting....

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Is it worth saying that this only works when the radio is in "radio" mode?
You can hold menu for as long as you like in "aux"mode, nothing will happen

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

ntemis21

Feb 26, 2011
Greece
i tried the remote control windows but the driver's window don't close but all the others work fine so i guess i have problem with something huh ?

Feb 8, 2011
On the five door if you have the front seat too far back you can't fully fold down the rear seat since the cushion hits the front seat backrest. You can, however, take out the rear cushion by squeezing in the two thick wire supports so that they are released from their retaining brackets. Having done this you then have loads of room for the front seat backrest. Probably applies to the SC and ST as well as to the five door.

This may seem obvious but it isn't mentioned in my instruction boot though it is in the Skoda Fabia book. In fact the Skoda book seems better all round and you can even download a copy.

Last edited:

tomislav_music

Help with the radio

Hi guys, I have one question to ask.. I will be getting a new seat ibiza sc in about a month and I have been wondering is it possible to change the radio in that car withou having any problems because I see a lot of options on the radio and I kinda get the feeling that I will be having problems if I change radio. And I also took parking sensors so I'm wondering if they're going over the radio, so will they work if I change the radio? :help:

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Yes you can, you will need a connects-2 unit to enable the steering wheel controls to still work, and I would guess that the headunit will need to have dedicated parking sensor input so probably top-end of the market rather than a cheaper halford single cd player (guess)

Mr. N

Does anyone knows what the different codes mean you can see on the screen from the airco?

My1stIbi

Maybe you've already found it on the interweb, but I coughed up a document with possible VCDS settings for the 6J:
ardana.homeip.net/vcds/Ibiza-6J-VCDS-options-EN.pdf

MattyW

Does anyone know how to fold the wing mirrors up on an 11 reg FR? I've just got mine and the salesman said that they are electric, but I'm not sure and I don't just want to rag them and risk breaking them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.