abf turning but wont fire

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
Can you not take the crank sensor off your old engine, put on this engine, see if it does the trick.

Worth a try I guess?

right pulling hair out now changed it over from my old one and now no spark at all :(

anyone got any ideas ?

jon_boi_91

May 6, 2011
ignition switch faulty too + immobiliser fault?
a friend had a mk3 golf that just turned over and had no spark.. when he wiggled the key about whilst turning the engine over it worked.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
i cant remember if you can adjust them on the abf? may of been the early 9a kr motors,, is it the two bolt jobby?

a strobe gun would be the best way i suppose, you have got the firing order correct? when it run, did it idle ok or rough ?

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
ok so i think is going to have to be wait untill mids vw can get her in or try and find somewhere local we can tow her too :cry:

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
does any one know about running a diagnostic , midland vw said they cant run one unless the car is running but a place we went to today said you could ?

jon_boi_91

May 6, 2011
you can..
it doesnt need to be running to be read up.. just flick the ignition on so it can communicate with the ECU :)

Aug 22, 2008
cannock
well she went doem at 8 30 this morning ang they are pritty sure it is the crank sensor so they have ordered one and it should be on for monday fingers crossed

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.