Knight85 's *MK4 Ibiza Tdi FR Luna Gray* Full mod list on page 1!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
new alloy is 160 so not that bad, sprayed for free....needed new tyre anyway!

wouldnt want another set of alloys....only other alloys i wanted were porsche twisits, but looking at about 400quid for them adaptors and then would need tyres

also saw some vrs spiders but not that cheap

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
P1080260.jpg

P1080259.jpg

Looks like a good refurb jobbie on the RARB! ;)

These are my two favs, looks awesome pal. 312mm brakes look hooooge! Bad news about the alloy. Maybe time for a complete wheel change?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
why you post saying you might get new wheels then you already decided lol! I am bored of my alloys after couple of years! Think I might spray my RARB too looks good

haha ok aimez!

Was just asking if anyone had any recommendation on any different alloys?

Dont want to change them for any old rubbish, think the FR alloys are pretty good, and should be about £200 to get it all back and running....

perhaps only ones as i mentioned would be
Twists
Spiders
maybe TT comps

any BBS CH are quite rare in 17"

Yeah the RARB was quite easy to do, sanded it done, then sprayed about 6 times with red rattle can, then a laquer

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Looks like a good refurb jobbie on the RARB! ;)

These are my two favs, looks awesome pal. 312mm brakes look hooooge! Bad news about the alloy. Maybe time for a complete wheel change?

cheers mike, yeah spent a while just sanding and spraying!

yeah whole new alloys will be quite a bit more than i really have, should hopefully get a new alloy and get it sprayed (FOC) then needed new tyre anyway,

did like your starfish alloys...currently viewing some VRS spiders....we shall see

hows the citroen?

Aimez

be different BBS *snore* very 'scene' everyone adnt heri wife has them at shows they are pretty thou and spiders I have them and everyone seems to have them on mk4s. I would get more but don't wanna spend that much and am not sure what wheels can fit tbh.

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
think you have hit the nail on the head aimez...dont want to change them for anything, would need to be special, and i cant think what i would go for? And as my car is my daily user, needs to be back on road asap...hence why i want to just sort a replacement now. TBH i think the standard facelift alloys are awesome, think the latest pictures really show them off!

will change colour though, perhaps just satin black? or black with some sparkle?

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
Shame about the wheel matey, cars looking good though. I've got a set of leon starfish waiting for tyres and fitting. Would have taken a pic for you if they were on so you could see what they would be like as our cars look so similar

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Shame about the wheel matey, cars looking good though. I've got a set of leon starfish waiting for tyres and fitting. Would have taken a pic for you if they were on so you could see what they would be like as our cars look so similar

haha yeah, seen the starfish ones on Gooner Mikes, really liked them, prefer my standard facelift ones and also want to keep it looking as OEM as possible....prob going to sell up in few months.....taken the car as far as i want TBH....

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
few pics of the cracked alloy...those of a nervous disposition may want to look away haha

other one has a 3 inch flat spot.....

P1080585.jpg

P1080584.jpg

P1080586.jpg

P1080583.jpg

on good news, new alloys are here and being sprayed as we speak!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Tut-tut, get those alloys cleaned! Good to see your getting back on the road properly with new wheels, total pain being limited to 50 with the spare :ban:

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Tut-tut, get those alloys cleaned! Good to see your getting back on the road properly with new wheels, total pain being limited to 50 with the spare :ban:

haha thats the inside so doesnt matter hahah

cant drive at all, as spare is on and i also have a flat spot on the rear which has caused a bulge on the tyre and causing a slow puncture, so not risking it....driving my GF's car at moment

on the hunt for a nice deep pot hole now to claim

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.