Knight85 's *MK4 Ibiza Tdi FR Luna Gray* Full mod list on page 1!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
its not the brake hoses on the new calipers that are damaged its the current brake pipe from the flexi hose to the ABS pump, must be from lowering it

what brake hoses do you have

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
anyway pics....

old bushes

P1070980.jpg

cracked bush!

P1070982.jpg

and for scott haha!

with
P1070984.jpg

without
P1070985.jpg

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
right update time!

312mm calipers and carriers are on!

what a size difference, not sure if pics really show it up but they feel lot stronger even after a few miles

Before
P1070994.jpg

After
P1080002.jpg

Oh..also bit of rubber hose i put on the jacking point to help protect it, as car goes up and down quite a bit!

P1070995.jpg

LED sidelights are in, not sure how long they will last!

P1080004.jpg

P1080003.jpg

also strut brace is out so i can re-paint it as it started to flake off.

Oh and bought wrong silvertec bulbs so they need to be changed!

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
Looking good mate.

Are you coming along to the meet on Portsdown May 30th? Would be good to see the car in the metal...

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Looking good mate.

Are you coming along to the meet on Portsdown May 30th? Would be good to see the car in the metal...

afraid not mate...dont live anywhere near there! didnt know it was on!

got replacement LED bulbs too as not happy with current ones!

Bean

Torque Junkie... Gimme mo
May 4, 2009
Portsmouth
Ahh that sucks, well if you do decide on a road trip you know whats happening...

What's up with the current ones?

Aimez

Ace parts got my LEDs form they sent me a new one instantly! They were a bit more than your thou!

OMG you don't use the widow maker Seat jack do you noooo! Funny you say this as my car is looking the wax oil I jack it up so much so need to paint the underside a bit and maybe the wheel arches after my rust issues and taking the arch liner out you see all the mud and crap that gathers they need to be cleaned out once or twice a year really. I also might get my strut brace done with my wheels get it powder coated the paint was flaked off and rusting where the bolts go in when I got it and it happening again now.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
ummm one died straight away...thats what u get for £2.50!

got replacements tho!

Don't know if you have done already, but when my leds bulbs failed, i just emailed the seller and he sent out brand new ones straight away, no proof needed.

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
The new brakes look great :) You'll really notice the difference once they bed in. Really like the valve caps too

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Ace parts got my LEDs form they sent me a new one instantly! They were a bit more than your thou!

OMG you don't use the widow maker Seat jack do you noooo! Funny you say this as my car is looking the wax oil I jack it up so much so need to paint the underside a bit and maybe the wheel arches after my rust issues and taking the arch liner out you see all the mud and crap that gathers they need to be cleaned out once or twice a year really. I also might get my strut brace done with my wheels get it powder coated the paint was flaked off and rusting where the bolts go in when I got it and it happening again now.

yeah new ones sent straight back out to me, FOC.

No if u look at one of the photos, i use a trolley jack and then axel stands too, would never use the scissors jack!, i use the rubber hose just to protect it a bit when it goes up in the air.

Just sanded my strut brace down and then sprayed it with rattle can primer, then painting it with hammerite...

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Don't know if you have done already, but when my leds bulbs failed, i just emailed the seller and he sent out brand new ones straight away, no proof needed.

yeah they replied to say they will send out replacements. Thanks for mentioning it tho!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
ah that's good I am a bit lost of the jacking point have to admit as where you meant to put the axle stand when the jack it holding the car up am I not sure I use the right area going on people explanations hard to tell!

umm..loads of places, on the wishbones, or on the longer thicker bits of the chasis further down that kinda stick out, just no where too thin or it will go through the flooring haha

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Looks good mate, coming along nicely! Nice brakes too.. something I will be looking into soon hopefully!

Do you notice any difference in handling with the brace, or is it mainly just for show?

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
Looks good mate, coming along nicely! Nice brakes too.. something I will be looking into soon hopefully!

Do you notice any difference in handling with the brace, or is it mainly just for show?

cheers,

yeah its coming on ok, getting RARB on there soon too...

Strut brace really is for show, cant really feel much when i took it off at weekend.

Aimez

whiteline one yeh, stiffest setting for that I never had it on any less but noticed it instantly like you stay strut brace has no effect why I never bother messing up my boor for a rear one.
I think I have chosen the right places to jack up never tried on the wishbones, the back of the car can't remember but when I fitted rear anti roll bar I used axle stand on the rear obviously.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.