PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Oooh, thats good to know, keep meaning to get a throttle body adaptor plate made for my S4 TB. CNC machine?

Easy for me to do the drawings on solid works as thats my job. lol.

Thanks mate. :)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Unfortunitly we only have a little bridgeport type CNC machine and it only has single axis power so anything with a curve in it is hard to do :(

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Finally. Coolant issues have gone as far as i can make out. New coolant pipes, heatshielding, slightly raised header and a damn good bleed later i think its sorted.

Haven't done a massive amount of miles, probably about 20 or when fully warmed up, or on full boost as my MAF is dead but that doesn't really matter as it would pressurise as soon as it got to temp without any boost as the coolant obviously wasn't circulating properly.

I can also see coolant flowing into the header tank after the engine has shut off so i know coolant is flowing through the turbo and through the after run pump, which is also working.

Very happy. :)

New MAF next and fit my S4 TB.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Finally. Coolant issues have gone as far as i can make out. New coolant pipes, heatshielding, slightly raised header and a damn good bleed later i think its sorted.

Haven't done a massive amount of miles, probably about 20 or when fully warmed up, or on full boost as my MAF is dead but that doesn't really matter as it would pressurise as soon as it got to temp without any boost as the coolant obviously wasn't circulating properly.

I can also see coolant flowing into the header tank after the engine has shut off so i know coolant is flowing through the turbo and through the after run pump, which is also working.

Very happy. :)

New MAF next and fit my S4 TB.

Glad to hear it's all going well Phil.

I have a bit of a query for you, my actuator is dead already and is leaking which is causing me issues :( went on a rolling road yesterday and only made 334bhp... Boosting to 1.74 and I was at 1.95-2bar.

I've reset the actuator but already today it's down again. What power does yours make at around 1.75bar of boost?

(I would of put this on my readers ride but it's gone missing)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
1.5 bar gave me 350bhp. 1.8-1.9 bar give me 405+ as it was wheelspinning.

334bhp is low for 1.7bar imo.

I will be back on the dyno soon tho.

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Has this dropped again sinse yesterday Joe?

Well I couldn't get 1.95 out of it today around 1.93 however that's not enough to tell me anything yet. I will check in a few days.

1.5 bar gave me 350bhp. 1.8-1.9 bar give me 405+ as it was wheelspinning.

334bhp is low for 1.7bar imo.

I will be back on the dyno soon tho.

Yes I agree, I'm running fairly rich as we weren't sure how accurate EGT positioning was but now that I know Alex saw ~850degs where the probe is I have around 100degs to play with. Hoping to get some fuel dialled out and make some more power.

Also did comp test and all cylinders are within 10% of each other. Highest at 200psi and lowest at around 180psi.

What's the situation with yours surging? Do you get any on the standard head and 9.25:1 JE's?

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Yes true!

AFR's are a lot richer than yours, looking at the graphs between 4500-5000RPM they drop from 12.5 to ~10.5 and going as low as 10 at 5500RPM.

Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road thought that a lot of power was being lost through running rich, although this was probably due to me loosing boost and still hitting the same AFR's.

What EGT's do you see?

Last edited:

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Joe, get your damn thread back up rather than spamming Phil's! Lol

Anyways, your running way rich Joe. 11.5-12 all the way to 7k on most Revo maps.

It's good to see the water problem is hopefully fixed Phil.:D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yes true!

AFR's are a lot richer than yours, looking at the graphs between 4500-5000RPM they drop from 12.5 to ~10.5 and going as low as 10 at 5500RPM.

Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road thought that a lot of power was being lost through running rich, although Wak thought otherwise.

What EGT's do you see?

I would concur with Surreys observation re fueling
is it sat that rich by design or is there an issue outstanding?