Ape's LCR225 Thread (Getting Back on the Road)

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Good luck with the sale mate sadly I very much doubt you'r get the asking price lcrs are dirt cheap now , the only way you will make decent money is by breaking the car in bits I made around 7500 from
Selling my bits and I still have some left

Mar 13, 2010
Shame to see this go Ape, possibly my fav LCR on here (mk1 anyway), hope it sells for you mate and it goes to a good home, would be a shame to see all your hard work get ruined by some jeb, keep us updated on the new car.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers folks, we'll see what happens. The price is negotiable (as everything in life) but it's got to start somewhere, thanks for your honesty though bud.

I've thought about breaking it but that's an absolute last resort.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Well,

The LCR has been off the road for around 8/9 months was up for sale (admittedly quite high, but for a reason) but things have changed. I've moved from the crap place that is Balfour Beatty and have moved to a much better place, more responsibility, more money, better package all round really! The mrs is now self employed doing her cupcake business and finance stuff (2 jobs on the go, fair play to her!) and all that combined means that we're in a better financial position for the first time in a long time.

It's staying, it's being brought back onto the Black Stuff, and it's being upgraded too!

It's having a full overhaul and MOT on Monday 7th Jan, courtesy of Ade at A & E Automotive, Insurance I'm just looking into and Tax will come when MOT and Insurance are sorted. Currently getting quotes of around £800 ish (inc mods) which isn't too bad. Also looking around for some cheap 17's that will fit if anyone knows of any!

Happy days!

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
YEAAHHH TOP FELLA!!!

I knew you wouldn't. Glad another of the locals is sticking with it. Me and Tim are doing a couple of track days next year well have to meet up!

:)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
The right thing has been done. Well done Ad, good choice mate :D

You've got a cracking LCR and its given you loads of fun and there's plenty more left in it.

Like D.K says, too many are falling into the wrong hands now and too many are being broken up for my liking just so someone can make a quick bit of cash.

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Cheers Gents :D

It has been loads of fun, for me and others / victims :cartman:

Trackdays are on the agenda, might not be many though. Getting back on the road is the priority at the moment. Brakes and tyres are ok (just) for road use, but I wouldn't take them out on track until it's all been renewed properly.

This evening I pumped up the tyres again, as they were a bit low. Changed the wiper blades, aired it out a bit and now the booster's charging ready to start it up tomorrow, after I've reconnected all the bits, got a Jerry Can of fuel and washed it! Fingers crossed!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Love that post! :D

Fingers crossed for tomorrow mate. You will be grinning ear to ear when it fires up I'm sure!! Will keep my eyes peeled for an update ;)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Haha cheers t0m! :D

Just dropping this here for future:

Ferodo DS3000's:
http://www.camskill.co.uk/m49b0s404...RAKE_PADS_-_FCP1348R_Ferodo_DS3000_Brake_Pads
£144.95 (Front Set) Delivered

AP Racing Bolt Kit:
http://www.part-box.com/product_info.php?products_id=17401
£14.69 each + £6 delivery

330 x 28mm 12 bolt rotors:
http://www.reyland.co.uk/discs-pads-parts/
£245 + Delivery (Pair) + £15 delivery

Parada Spec 2's (I know I know, but budgets and all that!)
Around £110 each inc VAT

Service and MOT £100 or so

Total - around £1000

Brake Fluid etc will have to wait a bit!

Last edited:

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
It's alive!!! Put some Go Juice in it this morning, started off a booster (unsure if the battery is still any good) and no worrying noises or rattles. Discs may be ok for now.

The Liquid Gauge however, just wants to show a white screen at the mo. Might need to send it back to Race Diagnostics to have a look.

Tomorrow I'll set about cleaning it as it's got some wildlife inhabiting a few areas, seals have gone a bit green in places and leaves need clearing out

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Just ordered 2 vredestein ultrac sessanta for mine, £190 delivered
Maybe not quite as good in the dry as the paradas but cant be worse in the wet
Used them on 2 track outings now and theyve been fine

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yay it lives!

You'll soon have it back to standard in no time mate :D

Strange one on the liquid gauge. Is there a reset button on them at the back or anything?

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Sure hope so. It's so frustrating to have it running again but not be able to take it out onto the road! I've run it up and down the Private Road outside the House but the speed bumps stop you before you start!

I've emailed Jim who makes the Liquid Gauges and he's informed me I need to post it back to him to have it sorted. He's got a good product and service there and I've never been disappointed.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
As said by many, it's great to hear that the car is healthy and is staying with you. I'm sure it'll be up to standard soon enough. I remember seeing this on the club stand at UltimateDubs a couple of years ago, remembering how well kept the car was! I look forward to seeing it get back to it's best :)

Ape

-----Hairy Hoonigan-----
Thank you bud. It was a couple of years ago now, it's gone really quickly!

I was ashamed today, the seals had moss growing in / on them. The roof rails were full of grot, engine bay had more wildlife than the Safari Park and the wheels, well they'll need some more attention soon with some Iron X (After I order it!).

Still, it's all ready for the MOT and major service tomorrow. Insurance is sorted and I should be able to tax it by mid week :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.