eBay cable and software?

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Good morning Guys, some of the info you found Andy does seem encouraging! Fingers crossed you get it working Dean.

Also thanks for the replies Labmousee & Frac and clarifying.

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
To confirm the CAN interface is recognised...
This lunchtime I managed to enable Staging, fan in auto, rear DRLs, mirror drop and laptimer with out much bother. Still can't get the chirp to work though?

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
To confirm the CAN interface is recognised...
This lunchtime I managed to enable Staging, fan in auto, rear DRLs, mirror drop and laptimer with out much bother. Still can't get the chirp to work though?

Thanks for keeping us updated Frac, I'm so glad you got the cable to work :thumbup:

Please keep me updated with regards to the alarm chirp, as this is an option I wanted to enable too :)

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Glad to hear you guys have managed to get your cables working :)

What does the alarm chirp sound like? Is it loud or soft?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
For those who have managed to enable the carbon background, is this just in the MFD or in the central infortainment screen also?

ac2013

Sep 1, 2013
I have today tried to load the software from OBD2 factory seller and surprise surprise no device driver found and VCDS program tries to open and then closes straight away with an error message saying ensure internet connection turned off.
I am completely disconnected from the internet, have anti virus turned off and the laptop date has changed to 1/10/13.
I have emailed the seller asking them to resolve.

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Ac2013, if you follow the instructions given in the previous couple of pages and set up a virtual xp computer etc it will work... No idea why it works but it does!

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
I have today tried to load the software from OBD2 factory seller and surprise surprise no device driver found

Terry posted a ross-tech video link earlier in the thread that had usb driver trouble shooting tips at the end of it, might be worth a watch ac2013

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Given up with this.
Got the "CAN" errors when plugged in to car.
Went through the rigmoral of XP virtual machine, but it crashes a few seconds after loading so I cant install the software onto it.

Might try again some other time using my macbook instead of laptop....

Bloody frustrating!!!

ac2013

Sep 1, 2013
Given up with this.
Got the "CAN" errors when plugged in to car.
Went through the rigmoral of XP virtual machine, but it crashes a few seconds after loading so I cant install the software onto it.

Might try again some other time using my macbook instead of laptop....

Bloody frustrating!!!

For some reason the laptop I am trying to load the software onto has crashed and I have been trying to create a restore point all evening.
If I ever get it up and running again I will try this virtual machine option.
The frustrating thing is the number of hours that go into trying to get this VCDS working whilst trying to hold down a full time job.
Given up for tonight!
I feel your pain right now.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Ive put in a complaint to the seller.
Theres clearly something wrong with these cables....
We all seem to be having the same problem so it cant be individual pcs at fault!

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
YES!!! I have managed to get my cable (which I got from original link from CarOBDII Factory) to work!! :D
I Followed Rcopus' virtual machine setup instructions and all is good. When conected to my car the test came back with K1, K2 & CAN as OK and was able to do an autoscan for fault codes of my current car, Audi 8P A3 so am really happy. Many thanks again rcopus for the instructions, you're a star!!

ac2013, Kugaman - sorry to hear you guys are having issues. I would really recommend trying the virtual machine method again if you get time as that seems to work and provides you with a safe environment to work in like rcopus mentioned.

However having explored the contents of the cd that came with cable there is a 'readme.txt' file which tells you the pre-requisites before attempting to install the software and as long as this is adhered to the install should work in a non virtual environment too. I might try another installation, not in a virtual environment to test. But the pre-requisites before even installing the software is:
1) Ensure that the Laptop does not have access to the internet at all times
2) Change system date of Laptop to 1/10/2013 before running set up file
3) Then after software has installed and you connect USB for first time you may need to manually point to the VCDS folder so that the drivers can be installed.
Did you guys do the above before installing the software??

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Same here buddy. Rcopus I owe you a beer.

a7u3y8ag.jpg

aze5abu5.jpg

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
I got the chirp to work no probs. I know some people were having issues, just be careful with your german.

It's a bit **** that it's one for lock and 2 for unlock though.

Also done the fans, staging, mirror dip, drls at 30% when headlights on, actuator muted, red door light in individual and trip computer mpg knocked back 15%.

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Wow you have been busy Dean, good stuff! :)

Can you please confirm whether the alarm chirp is the sound of the horn on your car or a different sound? Cheers

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Wow you have been busy Dean, good stuff! :)

Can you please confirm whether the alarm chirp is the sound of the horn on your car or a different sound? Cheers

It's an electronic chirp not the horn. I will bugger about to see if I can get it swapped around to 2 for lock and 1 for unlock.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.