MK4 Ibiza - What Alloy Wheels Fit Archive!

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Ask them what the standard wheels are?

Surely if they are demanding them to be changed back, they should know what wheels they are if they are claiming yours are not original.

They look original to me, just painted.

tery23

Aug 26, 2015
Ask them what the standard wheels are?

Surely if they are demanding them to be changed back, they should know what wheels they are if they are claiming yours are not original.

They look original to me, just painted.

Thanks for the quick reply, I have already sent them an email asking for specifics on which wheel is the one they want me to replace but do you think just because its black colour they have the right to cancel my policy?

Here is a FAQ from their website:

Can I insure a modified car?
No, we don’t insure cars that have been modified in any way. Modifications include, but are not limited to bodykits, performance enhancements and non-standard alloys.

I also sent an email to SEAT themselves on the matter if they could confirm me if the wheels are standard type.

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
Thanks for the quick reply, I have already sent them an email asking for specifics on which wheel is the one they want me to replace but do you think just because its black colour they have the right to cancel my policy?

Here is a FAQ from their website:

Can I insure a modified car?
No, we don’t insure cars that have been modified in any way. Modifications include, but are not limited to bodykits, performance enhancements and non-standard alloys.

I also sent an email to SEAT themselves on the matter if they could confirm me if the wheels are standard type.

Who ever has looked at your photos must be an absolute c*ck. They are standard just a different colour.

tery23

Aug 26, 2015
Who ever has looked at your photos must be an absolute c*ck. They are standard just a different colour.

True that. I received a call from SEAT, they asked me to read a number off my windshield and they confirmed me that for that edition the car is fabricated as it is with that darker colour on the wheels. Now I am waiting for them to send me an email with this on writing so I can shove it up my insurance's hole.

Thanks for the support!

aidtheace

May 6, 2014
Stoke-on-Trent
Does anybody know if anyone has ever ran these on an Ibiza MK4 Cupra 1.8T 54 plate.
They are XXR 550's
I really like them and am wondering if they do any that fit and if not, can they be made to fit with spacers?
I would like 17" ones, any help would be very helpful. Thanks :)

Jimmy-james

Aug 10, 2011
Norwich in sunny Norfolk
Looking at getting 18" 8j with 215/35/18 tyres, will i have any problems ?:confused:

Might look ok provided they are dished wheels which look smaller than the spoked variety otherwise they might look a little clumsy. I'm looking at some 18's at the moment but they have dish on them so should look ok. If not they will be on swapz for some 17's!

Jimmy-james

Aug 10, 2011
Norwich in sunny Norfolk
Looking at getting 18" 8j with 215/35/18 tyres, will i have any problems ?:confused:

Might look ok provided they are dished wheels which look smaller than the spoked variety otherwise they might look a little clumsy. I'm looking at some 18's at the moment but they have dish on them so should look ok. If not they will be on swapz for some 17's!

Jimmy-james

Aug 10, 2011
Norwich in sunny Norfolk

Just to do what others have promised and show a picture of a Ibiza on 18's ;-)

0QAYboEeDf7NYAYkG4pdGE37SIB_-Eh60MA8X0bPSAoLaYH-QoYJyH8MqD35DQVYCxsyD8ZHVyKgmLrpP18Ej9eHHh_dmzud5plrYCqzonpwUEPS9ekk55FFRJz7A-RudPaVVFzAH8KLLprRGyNAJ7u1lvPRno7BjXZlj5X57BcpBEci0xx4touz_Umt64ODyv0HIkN7PbMlc3SF8--QFziGtrgvUxSVUDInWcZo2IT7stXZ0MZyt8j75wOJZfnVEXxRp3ggzWJx8sdLRntNELaNCYUumztMvuHP-7EU2fC6T8y3RSx3ieIlABqkORvA5i0SZLBLsIl2fwxWw3MWR1-Xhva13FLlmSV1I2Djdfc9moVVzPYnVYVsY7vaXe2et932cZjcMZCuz-TDYNIrwomzGlYxTyn896AUgG3ARkAzwh1T1rDGEmZHXvZTcbqfEhaRyeW_xK-Y0RjKpk7IIsCHaRjjW1b9QUtdPI_ccSidMUM4kTZmPMj6HNpNkSQs1Q8RC1gEfVIT5rqfwjnraIQcuOwUy8lJr__IkPAfVxWjFXtvFnhdNh-PfZ3gyEV78YgT=w1219-h914-no

I don't think it looks too bad but I'm still concerned they will rub on the bumpy country lanes near me, hopefully will be swapping for some 17's over the weekend.

Last edited:

Matas

Aug 28, 2014
Leeds
Dark Grey vrs wheels work so well on the red Ibiza!
Yeah I agree, ever since I saw that picture of the Skoda VRS wheels in Anthracite I've fallen in love with them. They sometimes come up for sale pretty damn cheap and I get temptations to buy them but always end up backing out for insurance reasons :-/

Digger

Aug 7, 2005
RCT South Wales
I have a PD160 Cupra and a nice set of 17" octy spiders which I want to give a try. I know I will need spacers to clear the calipers but can't find anywhere what size spacers I will need. Advice on what is required (front and back to balance) would be appreciated.

Oli3108

Mar 11, 2016
Gutted just got some new alloys and the stud pattern is different
Is there any thing I can do??

H-M3

Apr 4, 2016
steel wheels

Hi guys was thinking on putting some fresh 16/17 steel wheels on my 2008 1.4tdi. Anyone have any pics or recommend the best size. My one is factory suspension.
Cheers

Scottgoodwin

Apr 6, 2016
Rs4 replica wheels

Hi there

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some 17inch Rs4 replica wheels to fit an ibiza tdi fr. I can only find some with a pcd of 112 which I'm lead to believe will not fit as I need pcd of 100.

Thanks

Last edited:

H-M3

Apr 4, 2016
Hi guys was thinking on putting some fresh 16/17 steel wheels on my 2008 1.4tdi. Anyone have any pics or recommend the best size. My one is factory suspension.
Cheers

Since no one bothered to respond to my first enquiry. Can anyone advice what the best ofset and width to go for on 17 alloys without any suspension mods. Was hoping to put some bbs reps??? Thnx

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise