Digital / Virtual Cockpit retrofit yet?

Benmac

Jan 7, 2018
Apologies if this has been asked a thousand times already but I had a quick look and couldn't find a definitive answer.

Does anyone know if it's feasible to retrofit a digital / virtual cockpit set up in a car that didn't have one from new? Mine is a 17 plate 300 ST so has the high nav.

No other real reason other than it looks swanky. I'm sure I've seen people do it on other VAG stuff just wondering if anyone has sussed it for the Leon yet or if there's some fundamental issue that renders it impossible or at least ludicrously expensive to do.

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I think it can. I saw a post from a Turkish guy on Instagram with a 280 and he had the virtual cockpit... can't imagine it's anything other than really expensive

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
I have the digital dash and leave it on the standard looking dials with the speedo in the middle - so basically what you get with the none-digital dials! I think the biggest issue I have is I use the navigation through Android Auto and you can only have that on the centre screen anyway... boooo. I guess I am just saying after the novelty wears off it's not something I'd suggest paying a lot of money for!

vikram soni

Jul 19, 2018
its possible to retrofit, but requires removal of component protection, and some coding ( like transferring your miles , coding of instrument cluster, some other components I can't remember ). There is a guy in Spain who is selling virtual cockpit for 450 euros. Plus 300 Euros for all coding and configuration. Prerequisite is Nav High.

kickdown

Oct 5, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Quite pricey then for what it is. Looks good don’t get me wrong. But for nearly a thousand pounds I don’t think it’s worth doing.
To be honest its worth it. When you got the High HDD navi you will get the in dash map etc.

And its cheaper than new Iphone

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Naylor92

Naylor92

Sep 16, 2018
To be honest its worth it. When you got the High HDD navi you will get the in dash map etc.

And its cheaper than new Iphone

What do you exactly need to do then and what is exactly needed chap?

kickdown

Oct 5, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
What do you exactly need to do then and what is exactly needed chap?
Do you have "view" button on your steering wheel?
20190103_130124.jpeg

Deleted member 103408

Sorry to but in on this thread but has anybody seen a retrofit for HDD Display.

kickdown

Oct 5, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Yes I do.
You need:
5F0920790A - Virtual Cockpit unit
5F0857053 1QB - the plastic trim/bezel around it
Most Fiber Optic cable for connection between Nav unit in glovebox and VC.

After that it should be coded by dealer or remotely by somebody. You have to bring both of the keys to the dealer, so they can adapt them to the new dash.

Also when you do it, bring the car to the dealer with full tank of fuel, so they can calibrate easily.

Send those part numbers to your dealer and ask them for prices and fitting.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.