What did you and your MK2 do today?

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Not today specifically but finished off the tank after fixing the caliper... 540miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Mine sits in the kid 20s fro mpg no matter how I drive. Iv told myself the stage 1 remap with make this better to justify the cost of the remap

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Mine sits in the kid 20s fro mpg no matter how I drive. Iv told myself the stage 1 remap with make this better to justify the cost of the remap

The Derv is good for something!

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
My work van is a vauxhall vivaro, gets drive like hell and still returns 37mpg

What age? I’ve got a 2015 vivaro and get 40mpg on that. Great van.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ha. There was some motorway driving in there, was a bit disappointed not to get closer to 600... wondering how much it’ll drop post turbo?!

Also, don't they put that stuff in diesel that stops waxing when the weather is cold? That's gotta kill mpg. I only got 22mpg on the motorway Saturday!!

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
What age? I’ve got a 2015 vivaro and get 40mpg on that. Great van.

It a 2019 bit it's only the weeny 1.6 engine. The fact I have been carrying a sofa in the back for the past week as it's the only dry place to store it while my conservatory is built has nothing to do with it

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
I've a leak in the passenger headlight and an MOT next month so I'm adding some sealant to the housing. Hopefully does the trick.

Can't put it back on until tomorrow as it takes 24 hours for the silicon sealant to cure.
9cb43578a5446038c358d8042e87d38c.jpg

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
As I had the headlight out and as it's pitted all over. Gave it a good tcut and polish with a polishing head. Hasn't come up too badly, I'll get round to sanding them at some point.
6ce125a8a435f5967155d4e0455fc7fa.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

Sam_c780

May 27, 2019
Well not a good day for me the drivers side engine mount failed so engine dropped and ripped aux belt off and the mount went through the timing belt cover and shredded half the belt luckily it didnt snap otherwise it would have been game over. The bang it made as the pullys hit the chasis leg scared the life out of me.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well not a good day for me the drivers side engine mount failed so engine dropped and ripped aux belt off and the mount went through the timing belt cover and shredded half the belt luckily it didnt snap otherwise it would have been game over. The bang it made as the pullys hit the chasis leg scared the life out of me.

What a nightmare. So no engine damage though hopefully?

Sam_c780

May 27, 2019
What a nightmare. So no engine damage though hopefully?
Hopefully not the garage are checking it all over but things are looking good think i had a very lucky escape tht i was only doin 30 when it happened and not on the motorway otherwise it could have been a whole lot worse

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hopefully not the garage are checking it all over but things are looking good think i had a very lucky escape tht i was only doin 30 when it happened and not on the motorway otherwise it could have been a whole lot worse

Phew. That's something at least. Fingers crossed it's a cheap repair bill.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Had a go at taking apart one of my rear lights, it was leaking water quite badly and had built up grime and mold over the years.

Getting it apart was pretty easy as the old glue had degraded.

As for resealing, I think it will do the job but I'm not all that happy with how it looks.

Im going to have a look into some restoration tutorials, otherwise I'll find a replacement. Intrigued as to how they where sealed at the factory.
3cf5de2ae4eec09caf04efe46f80a226.jpg

Sam_c780

May 27, 2019
Well its needed new engine mount and all bolts timing belt auxiliary belt all tensioners new belt covers new turbo pipework as some got squashed and bent full service plus the cost for recovery. Wasnt the cheapest but atleast its all sorted

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well its needed new engine mount and all bolts timing belt auxiliary belt all tensioners new belt covers new turbo pipework as some got squashed and bent full service plus the cost for recovery. Wasnt the cheapest but atleast its all sorted

Glad you got it sorted. Yeah, I was adding up in my head as I was reading your list and thinking *eek*.

Reactions: Sam_c780

cas446

Aug 23, 2009
Replaced the heater flap control motor on the passenger side. It's taken me four years but finally did it. Took an hour and £6 replacement from eBay.

Kenan

Dec 14, 2018
Was going to change the disks and pads all round but decided it was too cold so took it to the garage as they would also bleed the brakes. Good thing I did as one of the rear calipers was seized so they also replaced this while they were at it, I would of been pulling my hair out trying to push the piston back in

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members