What did you and your MK2 do today?

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
Replaced the heater flap control motor on the passenger side. It's taken me four years but finally did it. Took an hour and £6 replacement from eBay.
Was yours doing what mines doing still? The passenger side will only blow cold UNLESS the dial on the passenger side is set to HI then it gives heat, any other setting on the dial it blows cold.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Painted the silver fr wing mirror covers black.

Also give the calipers a fresh lick of paint and reapplied the yellow tint to the front fogs.

Next on the to do list is to paint or plasti dip the chrome grill surround

0a4c9c1cb430ecc0bf54dd1462b1b602.jpg
b274b3478b0999be3e77e738db76eeaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Legojon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Some low life scum stole both my FR wing mirror covers.

:censored: Sake. Gotta wonder how much they could even get for them. Not even a thought that it'll obviously leave you out of pocket more than they'd make selling them.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Picked the car up from my trusty mechanic after having a new thermostat fitted. Temp gauge now goes up to 90 and stays there

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
I've got the REVO induction kit fitted my car Cupra R, but the bolt that fixes it to the RHS of the engine has now sheared off due to vibration and rubbing against the the engine itself, so decided today that I would fix it!

F1WNWY1.jpg

The bolt has also started to make the hole in the support go off at an angle...

vu8bxit.jpg

Found a new bolt and nut in the garage and by sheer luck I found a small plastic hollow piece which I managed to get a small strip of hard rubber to squeeze into it. The idea was the soak up the vibrations and stop the movement in the engine support hole.

8LNtXBO.jpg

Then I had to reassemble it all, bit of thread lock, hopefully that'll sort it for another year!

MRqxSMs.jpg

Was so close to losing my 10mm spanner when I dropped it through the engine bay in the process! Serves me right for parking over a drain cover!

a77d0VF.jpg

Benmk2cupra

Feb 8, 2020
Mine had a trip to AMD on friday had had sump off and pickup pipe sorted and 5w40 millers oil. Dipstick must have broke before as there was small bits of it in the sump so glad I had that done. The one that's on there was also found to be broken and not sealing properly so have ordered a billet ECS one. Had cam bucket changed zero wear on the original which was good. Also had brake fluid changed and fitted a GFB DV+.

Reactions: Brimfull

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Mine had a trip to AMD on friday had had sump off and pickup pipe sorted and 5w40 millers oil. Dipstick must have broke before as there was small bits of it in the sump so glad I had that done. The one that's on there was also found to be broken and not sealing properly so have ordered a billet ECS one. Had cam bucket changed zero wear on the original which was good. Also had brake fluid changed and fitted a GFB DV+.
Pick up pipe is next on my to do list.

gurpz94

Feb 12, 2019
Finished replacing my water methanol check valve with a solenoid as I've moved the injection after the throttle body. Running good and with the nice weather you can definitely tell the difference when the meth system is switched off and switched on.

Reactions: Abrahim qureshi

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
As mine has just turned 130k I thought I would take the EGR valve off and see how badly coked up it was. I was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn't bad at all, hardly any build up to speak of which was good, quick clean and threw it back together. Next job is to figure out what the intermittent sound coming from the rear offside that sounds like metal being dragged...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members