Bendubiard_

Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys, been looking into getting a fmic for my leon cupra whilst i got this time off for the lockdown and ive been looking at a few universal kits on ebay but they all seem to have the dodgy looking pipes coming out the sides of the intercooler that just look gross when fitted cause you lose your grills and fogs, anyone know what pipes/bends to order which would mean i dont have to lose my fogs ? Got a pre facelift front bumper as well
Cheers

Apr 27, 2020
Hi guys, been looking into getting a fmic for my leon cupra whilst i got this time off for the lockdown and ive been looking at a few universal kits on ebay but they all seem to have the dodgy looking pipes coming out the sides of the intercooler that just look gross when fitted cause you lose your grills and fogs, anyone know what pipes/bends to order which would mean i dont have to lose my fogs ? Got a pre facelift front bumper as well
Cheers
Any luck finding one as I'm after one to

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Look for one that fits the octavia vrs as it has the same auq lump and ko3s as the cupra

back in the day i ran a THS FMIC although i cannot for the life of me find in in todays marketplace

Bendubiard_

Jan 26, 2020
Look for one that fits the octavia vrs as it has the same auq lump and ko3s as the cupra

back in the day i ran a THS FMIC although i cannot for the life of me find in in todays marketplace
Cheers mate so if i find the pipe kit for a octavia vrs then i wont have to lose the fogs and have uneven pipes either side on show ?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Cheers mate so if i find the pipe kit for a octavia vrs then i wont have to lose the fogs and have uneven pipes either side on show ?
Pass no idea

i fitted a golf mk4 gti auq fmic to my octavia vrs

i have no experience of fitting one to a leon, guess just depends how much room is behind the leon bumper.

anything can be made to fit thats for certain if you got one that suited a golf mk4 or octavia vrs it would give you a good starting point.

Apr 27, 2020
Pass no idea

i fitted a golf mk4 gti auq fmic to my octavia vrs

i have no experience of fitting one to a leon, guess just depends how much room is behind the leon bumper.

anything can be made to fit thats for certain if you got one that suited a golf mk4 or octavia vrs it would give you a good starting point.
Thanks for the help

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I have also been looking quite heavily into Toyo set ups etc recently. I believe Forge FMIC is twinpass for AUQ rather than single pass. Airtec im not sure about but they're so very expensive that i have just researched universal set ups so far.

Regarding size, as that is what seems to be missing from pretty much every single thread ive researched, I found this useful piece of information:

"The size of the core you need depends on the application. For smaller turbos such as the k03s we don’t want too big of a core as you lose the low down punchiness that the small turbos are renowned for. It has been found that the Toyosports 550x225x63mm matches perfectly to the smaller sub 300bhp turbos flow and gives sufficient cooling of the charge air."
(source: https://18t-tuning.co.uk/intercoolers/)

Sadly this particular size of cooler is out of stock, and ive yet to recieve a reply from toyosports about restocking.

Points to note (im looking for information so please correct me where im wrong):

• Its to my understanding that for the AUQ we need 64mm/2.5" pipework.
  • Some people have said that going for a tall cooler is pointless as its blocked by the bumper, which makes sense to have one take up below the crash bar rather sitting than behind it, but is that a sacrifice in performance just to avoid cutting the crash bar?

What i'd like to know is, what size is effective vs the biggest/smallest I can go without losing fogs and cutting the crash bar to sh*t? Is there any point in the ko3s models having one a FMIC take up that much space? So many questions lol.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
For ease of use on the stock turbo why not just do the arch mod and use an uprated side mount intercooler, more than enough for a ko3s

Bendubiard_

Jan 26, 2020
For ease of use on the stock turbo why not just do the arch mod and use an uprated side mount intercooler, more than enough for a ko3s
I would have done but ive got a wide mouth r front bumper and its just looking empty up front with out a front mount behind it

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I would have done but ive got a wide mouth r front bumper and its just looking empty up front with out a front mount behind it
Maybe reinstate the stock front end, oem is going to be this cars value from now on. Getting to the future classic stage and nobody wanting a big front mouth on show.

personal opinion

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I have also been looking quite heavily into Toyo set ups etc recently. I believe Forge FMIC is twinpass for AUQ rather than single pass. Airtec im not sure about but they're so very expensive that i have just researched universal set ups so far.

Regarding size, as that is what seems to be missing from pretty much every single thread ive researched, I found this useful piece of information:

"The size of the core you need depends on the application. For smaller turbos such as the k03s we don’t want too big of a core as you lose the low down punchiness that the small turbos are renowned for. It has been found that the Toyosports 550x225x63mm matches perfectly to the smaller sub 300bhp turbos flow and gives sufficient cooling of the charge air."
(source: https://18t-tuning.co.uk/intercoolers/)

Sadly this particular size of cooler is out of stock, and ive yet to recieve a reply from toyosports about restocking.

Points to note (im looking for information so please correct me where im wrong):

• Its to my understanding that for the AUQ we need 64mm/2.5" pipework.
  • Some people have said that going for a tall cooler is pointless as its blocked by the bumper, which makes sense to have one take up below the crash bar rather sitting than behind it, but is that a sacrifice in performance just to avoid cutting the crash bar?

What i'd like to know is, what size is effective vs the biggest/smallest I can go without losing fogs and cutting the crash bar to sh*t? Is there any point in the ko3s models having one a FMIC take up that much space? So many questions lol.

Single pass is better than twin pass (less flow restriction) but sometimes you have to use twin pass for space and pipe routes.

Bendubiard_

Jan 26, 2020
Maybe reinstate the stock front end, oem is going to be this cars value from now on. Getting to the future classic stage and nobody wanting a big front mouth on show.

personal opinion
I know what you mean bro but its just abit of fun this car though really

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise