SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

May 9, 2020
Hi!
Does anyone have the links to update files?

In Spanish forum links don't work and I'm turning crazy looking for them.
Do you have a PDF with links? Please could you give me it?

I'm looking for the 330 and 346 update for H24 unit

Thank you in advance

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Hi!
Does anyone have the links to updates files?

Thank you in advance

Another one looking for free service. Bro do not install firmwares you find somewhere on the internet. You may lose functions or brick your unit. Buy an update service and get “suitable” firmware for your VIN. And also as I reported before, you may have problems when you visit dealer and lose your warranty because the update process will not be recorded in VAG database. Installing firmware is not something like installing freeware softwares on your pc. Lots of people who bricked their unit wrote me here to find a solution but it was too late.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Hi!

Thank you in advance

There’s a few places I’ve seen who ‘sell’ these software updates, an eBay Seller based in Poland called ‘servicesvag’ and a website linked in this thread called ‘vagupdate.com’

‘vagupdate.com’ looks a little bit dodgy to me.
The about us page says it’s based on New Jersey USA, has 25 employees with ‘Dr Joseph Miller’ as company owner.
Yet a simple check on its website reveals its based in Istanbul Turkey .

I think it’s not worth trying to update your MIB2 software unless Seat do it for you as part of a service package. Not worth the risk/hassle.

BTW There is a website (that requires €25 payment to register called mhhauto) that has lots of people sharing all latest software........but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it ;)

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
There’s a few places I’ve seen who ‘sell’ these software updates, an eBay Seller based in Poland called ‘servicesvag’ and a website linked in this thread called ‘vagupdate.com’

The about us page says it’s based on New Jersey USA, has 25 employees with ‘Dr Joseph Miller’ as company owner.

I think it’s not worth trying to update your MIB2 software unless Seat do it for you as part of a service package. Not worth the risk/hassle.

Dealers not performing updates unless you have a problem with the unit and some dealers changing infotainment unit instead of updating it. I used service from the ebay seller and Vagupdate. Both are safe and no problem at all. As I see vagupdate company based in USA but their servers are in turkey. Maybe company owner or IT manager is Turkish I am not sure but who cares unless they deliver services as listed on their website. I suggest both services you can use safely.

Sent from mobile

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017

BTW There is a website (that requires €25 payment to register called mhhauto) that has lots of people sharing all latest software........but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it ;)
Exactly what I spotted when looking at the website. Cannot see the point of spending this amount of money for an update, just for it to be noted on the VAG/SEAT databases to keep the warranty. If you have any issues with the update and you go to SEAT saying what's happened, they'll tell you that you shouldn't have done it yourself.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I’m pretty stuck then, I have issues with CarPlay crashing frequently as well as it always enabling shuffle and repeat when streaming music on Bluetooth. My local garage said they checked and there were no updates, I’m sure there is an update available. Nothing I can do though I suppose!

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020
I’m pretty stuck then, I have issues with CarPlay crashing frequently as well as it always enabling shuffle and repeat when streaming music on Bluetooth. My local garage said they checked and there were no updates, I’m sure there is an update available. Nothing I can do though I suppose!
Sent me a pm

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi 9 SE met Tapatalk

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Exactly what I spotted when looking at the website. Cannot see the point of spending this amount of money for an update, just for it to be noted on the VAG/SEAT databases to keep the warranty. If you have any issues with the update and you go to SEAT saying what's happened, they'll tell you that you shouldn't have done it yourself.

Yeah they say dont do it yourself but, also, they are not doing the update. So how to find solution? Some firmwares have really annoying bugs. I have a friend went to dealer due to usb problem. When you insert USB flash unit restarts itself. It is Seat MIB2 Std version is 0241. I said him do not waste your time just buy an update service and it will be ok. He said no dealer will find a solution. After 1 week dealer decided to change the head unit. He waited another 7 days for new unit to arrive. Guess what happened! New unit was exactlty same one (SW version 0241). Unit installed by dealer and same problem still exist. Nothing fixed. Then he bought update service and fixed the problem. So I mean dealers are bullshit if you havea software problem. And also they do nothing free if your warranty is not valid.

Reactions: ISP5

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk

I think CarPlay crashing is a common feature of these units.
My car is less than a year old with hardware h50 and software version 0514.

It mainly happens if you connect the phone before the infotainment system has loaded up its maps fully. Usually that is instant, but for unknown reasons occasionally takes several seconds and if the phone is connected before this when that happens, CarPlay will be unstable.
Learned to live with it and always wait to connect the phone now and it’s been better.

For that reason I’d like to know if there is an updated firmware for my unit. I’ve read reports of a 0515 firmware on a Spanish forum but no idea how to get hold of it or even if it fixed anything anyway !!!
I will ask dealer when car goes in for a service, but won’t hold my breath.

Last edited:

bahyr

Jun 26, 2019
Hi!

Thank you in advance
I have the files. if you still need them PM me and will upload them somewhere.

Reactions: Walone

Godzzi

Nov 11, 2019
Anyone still has the 0330 and 0346 firmware files? It seems that everyone on all forums have removed them.

LATER:

- Nevermind.
I needed it because an engineer activated my full link + performance monitor. The problem was, according to him, units that have v02xx can only be upgraded to the latest v0252. Units that have v03xx can go to v0363.....and so on.

My unit had 0245 and now it had the unofficial 0346. He tried to put the latest which is 0363 and it failed. The unit refused to accept it because it only accepts v02xx firmware.
he then downgraded do an official 0252 and the unit worked fine with Full link activated.

I decided to stay on 0252 because I am afraid I might lose the new FEC codes which activated full link.

Last edited:

bahyr

Jun 26, 2019
For those that need the files hire it is from the Spanish forum together with some G translate info.
My unis is 5QA035858 HW24 SW245, the update to 346 went well with no problems at all.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wvEmQkI1eyyWFSxrwje9kap7tSOmXdaf

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n08Fdw3C53futzb3b8sv5dOEwn2wIYv7

Mib2 - 6.5 "screen
Version of the update: 0330 (Beta) Install this and then 0346. The 0330 is a Beta and has known bugs (Do not be afraid if you see strange things) are solved by updating to 0346.
Equipment compatible with these updates: MIB 2GEN 6.5 "HW: 024 FW: 0245
Unzip the file. The final structure should be as follows:
Folder: powerc
Folder: mainplus
Folder: main
Folder: DUW014
Folder: DUW013
Folder: DUE410
Folder: DUE409
Folder: DUE406
Folder: DUE405
Folder: cpuplus
Folder: cpu
Folder: bluetooth
File: metainfo2.txt

Copying the folders and the file to an 8 GB Class 10 SD card (If you use a slow card, the update can be eternalized, with the Class 10 it takes about 40 minutes)

Update version: 0346 (Latest version compatible with the device) (Pre-install 0330)
Equipment compatible with these updates: MIB 2GEN 6.5 "HW: 024 FW: 0245 and logically HW: 024 FW: 0330 (If any)
Folder: DUW070
Folder: DUW069

MIB2 6.5 "update method
CHECKED AND SOLVED TO ERRORS PRESENTED
As explained above, to update the MIB2 from 0245 to 0346, it must be updated before 0330.
Therefore, first perform the 0330 following all the steps described below and then the 0346 and again the same steps and avoid unpleasant surprises.
1) Use a minimum SD 8GB and can be Class 10 (It is much faster)
2) Format the SD card in FAT32
3) Copy the data to the SD card (All folders and the TXT file must remain in the root of the card)
4) Insert the SD card into the SD1 Housing of the glove compartment.
5) Put the car contact (Do not start the engine under any circumstances or turn off the Infotainment)
6) Press the Infotainment Menu button and press and hold until the service menu exits.
7) Select SW Update and click on Update.
8) Wait for the system to give us an Update Done message and confirm.
9) We connect the diagnostic device (Vagcom, OBDeleven, etc.) and do a Scan.
10) We erase all faults.

IMPORTANT

1) Updates are taking around 30 minutes each if the SD card is Class 10, on older cards it will take much longer.

2) You can try to upgrade from a USB but it does not always work, USB is a bit conflicting in many cases, by brand, chip, etc. Nothing happens if you do not update, it will simply tell you that it cannot read the data.

3) If when trying to update with an SD, you get data error, something you have done wrong. Format the card again or change cards.

During the update:

1) Do not remove the contact from the car, or turn off the Infotainment.

2) Do not start the engine during the Update. (You can have it started before starting, but do not start it if it has already started updating)

3) Under no circumstances should you use car consumers (Heating, air conditioning, OBDII, Bluetooth connections, etc, etc). AVOID UNNECESSARY RISKS. Updates are a serious thing, do not walk around in the car, if it is cold, you warm up or look for another time.
If you are not able to follow these guidelines, it is better that you do not update.

4) If you think you don't want to risk staying low on battery power, connect a battery charger before starting the process and keep it on until it is finished.

Normally after the updates, the SVM (Software Version Manager) must be validated
The system will throw an error: 1555 - Check Software Version Management that is permanent and is not deleted.

To solve this, follow these steps :
We enter the 5F
Adaptations
Confirmation of installation change
We copy the value it shows us (XXXX)
We use a calculator that has XOR (Bitwise calculator for example)
In hexadecimal we put the value we have.
We give XOR.
We put these C9D2 values and give the = symbol to calculate it.
The value you put us, we put it in Confirmation of the assembly modification and We accept.
After accepting we will see that the value has not changed with respect to what we had at the beginning. IT IS NORMAL.
If you do it with VagCom leave a space in the middle. (XX XX) by putting it in again.
Once done, redo the Scan and erase the fault permanently.

Jun 6, 2020
For those that need the files hire it is from the Spanish forum together with some G translate info.
My unis is 5QA035858 HW24 SW245, the update to 346 went well with no problems at all.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wvEmQkI1eyyWFSxrwje9kap7tSOmXdaf

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1n08Fdw3C53futzb3b8sv5dOEwn2wIYv7

Mib2 - 6.5 "screen
Version of the update: 0330
(Beta) Install this and then 0346. The 0330 is a Beta and has known bugs (Do not be afraid if you see strange things) are solved by updating to 0346.
Equipment compatible with these updates: MIB 2GEN 6.5 "HW: 024 FW: 0245

Copying the folders and the file to an 8 GB Class 10 SD card (If you use a slow card, the update can be eternalized, with the Class 10 it takes about 40 minutes)

Update version: 0346 (Latest version compatible with the device) (Pre-install 0330)
Equipment compatible with these updates: MIB 2GEN 6.5 "HW: 024 FW: 0245 and logically HW: 024 FW: 0330 (If any)
Folder: DUW070
Folder: DUW069

MIB2 6.5 "update method
CHECKED AND SOLVED TO ERRORS PRESENTED

As explained above, to update the MIB2 from 0245 to 0346, it must be updated before 0330.
Therefore, first perform the 0330 following all the steps described below and then the 0346 and again the same steps and avoid unpleasant surprises.
1) Use a minimum SD 8GB and can be Class 10 (It is much faster)
2) Format the SD card in FAT32
3) Copy the data to the SD card (All folders and the TXT file must remain in the root of the card)
4) Insert the SD card into the SD1 Housing of the glove compartment.
5) Put the car contact (Do not start the engine under any circumstances or turn off the Infotainment)
6) Press the Infotainment Menu button and press and hold until the service menu exits.
7) Select SW Update and click on Update.
8) Wait for the system to give us an Update Done message and confirm.
9) We connect the diagnostic device (Vagcom, OBDeleven, etc.) and do a Scan.
10) We erase all faults.

IMPORTANT

1) Updates are taking around 30 minutes each if the SD card is Class 10, on older cards it will take much longer.

2) You can try to upgrade from a USB but it does not always work, USB is a bit conflicting in many cases, by brand, chip, etc. Nothing happens if you do not update, it will simply tell you that it cannot read the data.

3) If when trying to update with an SD, you get data error, something you have done wrong. Format the card again or change cards.

During the update:

1) Do not remove the contact from the car, or turn off the Infotainment.

2) Do not start the engine during the Update. (You can have it started before starting, but do not start it if it has already started updating)

3) Under no circumstances should you use car consumers (Heating, air conditioning, OBDII, Bluetooth connections, etc, etc). AVOID UNNECESSARY RISKS. Updates are a serious thing, do not walk around in the car, if it is cold, you warm up or look for another time.
If you are not able to follow these guidelines, it is better that you do not update.

4) If you think you don't want to risk staying low on battery power, connect a battery charger before starting the process and keep it on until it is finished.

Normally after the updates, the SVM (Software Version Manager) must be validated
The system will throw an error: 1555 - Check Software Version Management that is permanent and is not deleted.
To solve this, follow these steps :
We enter the 5F
Adaptations
Confirmation of installation change
We copy the value it shows us (XXXX)
We use a calculator that has XOR (Bitwise calculator for example)
In hexadecimal we put the value we have.
We give XOR.
We put these C9D2 values and give the = symbol to calculate it.
The value you put us, we put it in Confirmation of the assembly modification and We accept.
After accepting we will see that the value has not changed with respect to what we had at the beginning. IT IS NORMAL.
If you do it with VagCom leave a space in the middle. (XX XX) by putting it in again.
Once done, redo the Scan and erase the fault permanently.

what value should I put in my car?

Attachments

• F8604952-B386-4E46-B93D-23046686EE30.jpeg
    F8604952-B386-4E46-B93D-23046686EE30.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 268
Jun 6, 2020
I don't understand anything anymore! what should I do in my case

Bitwise calculateur

Number 1: 79 C5

Number 2 ?? ??

Bitwise operator
AND/OR/XOR?

Résultat?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• F546FA3A-FEEA-4565-B3B0-6DBCDD1A22C5.jpeg
    F546FA3A-FEEA-4565-B3B0-6DBCDD1A22C5.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 178

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I don't understand anything anymore! what should I do in my case

Bitwise calculateur

Number 1: 79 C5

Number 2 ?? ??

Bitwise operator
AND/OR/XOR?

Résultat?

Thanks for your help
I've calculated it for you, 79C5 XOR C9D2 = B017 (B0 17 has to be entered in the new value field) the 0 is a zero.

Jan 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Was wondering what unit do I have? Mib1, 2 or higher?

Looking to sort my navigation and try a new sd card before I start digging deeper. The new card that dealer gave me doesn't seem to work, original was lost by previous owner. With my current sd card (Seat Navigation AS Europe V7) I get a message "navigation database not available".

Trying to understand whether navigation needs to be activated by dealer or I should try buying a new card first. System says navigation n/a but surely it's equipped with one from standard.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20200703_183034.jpg
    20200703_183034.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 452
  • 15937978195313129504114009278118.jpg
    15937978195313129504114009278118.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 15937978412113996725766728216851.jpg
    15937978412113996725766728216851.jpg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 346

RCupra

Feb 22, 2020
Hi everyone,

Was wondering what unit do I have? Mib1, 2 or higher?

Looking to sort my navigation and try a new sd card before I start digging deeper. The new card that dealer gave me doesn't seem to work, original was lost by previous owner. With my current sd card (Seat Navigation AS Europe V7) I get a message "navigation database not available".

Trying to understand whether navigation needs to be activated by dealer or I should try buying a new card first. System says navigation n/a but surely it's equipped with one from standard.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Mib2 low

Do you have the correct maps?

Jan 5, 2020
Mib2 low

Do you have the correct maps?

Thanks.

I have attached picture of my current sd card that I was given as a replacement for the missing card. System information says that navi not available. I did think to try buying a new sd card to see whether it will work but not sure which one to get

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Thanks.

I have attached picture of my current sd card that I was given as a replacement for the missing card. System information says that navi not available. I did think to try buying a new sd card to see whether it will work but not sure which one to get
Maybe the forum experts on this @Tell & @Walone will swing by, just be patient.
Or you could tell the "Stealer" it does not work I guess

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.