OBDeleven modifications

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
Can you disable auto rear wipe when selecting reverse through obd11? Had a quick look through the control modules this morning, but nothing jumped out!
Try this:

c83c3ad58828c3ef18babfd45198e102.jpg

Check this website out for loads of mods....

Reactions: Rob G

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
Just noticed that obdeleven has the option for 30 colours in the ambient lighting menu which applied fine to my 2018 Leon. I was under the impression that I actually needed a newer one for this to work?

Not complaining obviously, just didn't realise it was possible. If anyone else was wanting this, might be worth looking at.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Just noticed that obdeleven has the option for 30 colours in the ambient lighting menu which applied fine to my 2018 Leon. I was under the impression that I actually needed a newer one for this to work?

Not complaining obviously, just didn't realise it was possible. If anyone else was wanting this, might be worth looking at.
For some reason it doesn’t work on my 2017 FR, despite me being able to do it manually and change all the colours and add new ones. The app to add 10 or 30 colours just won’t work, says my vehicle isn’t compatible.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Asked this in the VCDS thread, but at the risk of post duplication it just as well be asked here instead...

Has anyone with VCDS looked at the enabling the sport mode on the Virtual Cockpit and added the Cupra Flag?

Recently got my VC updated to the newer Rev A unit, but the Cupra flag was missing. Wondering if anyone knows a way of adding it:

Original:
View attachment 16511

My new Rev A unit now, only photo I have, but missing from all the views.
View attachment 16512

Other VC:
Actual Cupra:
View attachment 16513

FR Diesel:
View attachment 16515

So I'm assuming there must be a way of adding it, its whether its in VCDS/OBD11 or buried somewhere in ODIS.

zzakzz17

Feb 8, 2017
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know how i can (or is it even possible) thread a obd cable from the drivers side (right hand side) footwell to behind/below the the glove box?

Its for a JB4 installation.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Has anyone displayed the sat nav speed limits on the cockpit display?
I know if you have traffic sign recognition the speed limit is displayed in the cockpit. However if you don't have traffic sign recognition can you display the speed limit for the map data?

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Has anyone displayed the sat nav speed limits on the cockpit display?
I know if you have traffic sign recognition the speed limit is displayed in the cockpit. However if you don't have traffic sign recognition can you display the speed limit for the map data?
Would love it if someone could figure that one out. Even when you move it over to the VC, the speed is on the 8" screen (if in a slightly better position to see on the right).

Reactions: Kirky

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Not sure if I’m going insane, as I can’t find it.

But didn’t someone work out how to change the VC to show the 300kph/180mph speedo. My previous VC showed 300kph/180mph, but my new Rev A unit is only showing 160mph. Not that bothered as never doing that speed anyway, but wondering if it may solve the missing Cupra flag too.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
You could try looking here. Mind you this is for the pre-facelift cars.

6a7886a9c32cee9fe39d99f019777983.jpg

I can confirm that this works on the facelift car as well. Thank you.

I also noticed that you have the option to check a box saying stop/start not installed. That might be another option?

RuivoM

Dec 21, 2019
Is it possible to make the windows completely close after locking the car without having to hold the fob button?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I'm hoping to make 2 modifications to my LED headlights if they're possible.

1. Unlock lights, not coming home lights at all but I'm sure I have seen someplace that when you unlock your car that your DRLs can flash with your indicators when you unlock the car? If so, has somebody a guide to code that on OBDEleven or similar?

2. When I'm driving on DRL and have to flash somebody, let them cross, say hello and pull back on the stalk then both my dipped and full beam flash. Surely it should only be the full beam that flashes, like any other car. Is there a way to code this?

Thanks in advance
Full beam on our cars is both dipped and high beam at the same time. When you hit full beam with lights on, with the LED's it adds high beam and also raises the headlights.

Not sure if OBD can code this out, depends if there is another VAG car that only puts high beam on. I know some use high beam at 50% for a DRL, so it maybe possible.

However assuming you are LED's, flashing just high beam quickly may not be as noticeable, as the lights may not have chance to raise when you just flash. I also suspect if you do get it working, it will mean that dipped beam will turn off when you put high beam on at night.

This is just me thinking out loud based on how it maybe coded or wired in a logical (to me) manner.

Steve Caney

Dec 8, 2019
I dont need an extension. The cable i have it long enough. Just asking if there's some space behind centre console to fish it through there??
Just seen this....dont know if you got an answer, but having just done it myself the answer is yes...you can do it.

I just JB4'd my 2.0 tsi 190 (MY19)

Reactions: zzakzz17
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.