MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Surely it's the same build week then and they just send the cars in seperate direction top to each dealer. I'll update tomorrow when i chase them up. Still waiting on my docs to sign.
Got my paperwork today. Signing tonight and hopefully have car in next few days.

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Got my paperwork today. Signing tonight and hopefully have car in next few days.
Got it yet? Picking mine up tomorrow, luckily it wasn't part of the next door Land rover garage that went up in flames last night. Would have been my luck that.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Got it yet? Picking mine up tomorrow, luckily it wasn't part of the next door Land rover garage that went up in flames last night. Would have been my luck that.

Attachments

• 7C3DEF25-706E-4E9E-B6E5-1AD0AF55ECD9.jpeg
    7C3DEF25-706E-4E9E-B6E5-1AD0AF55ECD9.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 1EBE4381-B2EA-4C57-8319-5A03C71E990E.jpeg
    1EBE4381-B2EA-4C57-8319-5A03C71E990E.jpeg
    958.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 94F0EBA3-4C69-4D08-A165-A5CF5F0F3DA6.jpeg
    94F0EBA3-4C69-4D08-A165-A5CF5F0F3DA6.jpeg
    574.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 290272FF-7F2D-49DA-A16F-F70F353E818A.jpeg
    290272FF-7F2D-49DA-A16F-F70F353E818A.jpeg
    796.3 KB · Views: 175

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
Picker her up. Just need to run he
You got it ? What you think?
Yeh got it Friday, just been running her in. Done 400miles varied through a/b roads taking it easy ish. Its so fun, I've come from a m135i so I'm used to power but this just handles so much better its unbelievable. It may not match the BM in raw power but boy it makes up for it in the corners. I don't like the cup holder location if I had to be picky but apart from that it feels like a hot hatch. One that wants to rip your head off after egging you on. What about you?

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Picker her up. Just need to run he

Yeh got it Friday, just been running her in. Done 400miles varied through a/b roads taking it easy ish. Its so fun, I've come from a m135i so I'm used to power but this just handles so much better its unbelievable. It may not match the BM in raw power but boy it makes up for it in the corners. I don't like the cup holder location if I had to be picky but apart from that it feels like a hot hatch. One that wants to rip your head off after egging you on. What about you?
Love it. Never had a car this powerful before - fastest I'd had was my little Ibiza FR 150 which was fast but this is another level entirely. As you say the cornering is just insane - literally like being on rails. I must be unique in that I actually like the soundaktor and the noise it generates in Cupra mode. Everything about the car is just perfect for me at the moment. Only managed 200 miles as had to have my dog put down on Friday so been a difficult weekend.

Reactions: AirBM and Kirky

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Love it. Never had a car this powerful before - fastest I'd had was my little Ibiza FR 150 which was fast but this is another level entirely. As you say the cornering is just insane - literally like being on rails. I must be unique in that I actually like the soundaktor and the noise it generates in Cupra mode. Everything about the car is just perfect for me at the moment. Only managed 200 miles as had to have my dog put down on Friday so been a difficult weekend.
I've recently gone Stage 1 with JB4 in map 4 and it takes it to the next level. I love how the majority of drivers have no idea what it is and get a huge surprise when it takes off. Its great for embarrassing BMW and Audi drivers who like to kiss your bumper.
I'm now on 4300 miles at just over a year old and can see me owning this car for a long time. It's a great looking car which is an added bonus.
Sorry to hear about your dog.

Reactions: markm49uk

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
I've recently gone Stage 1 with JB4 in map 4 and it takes it to the next level. I love how the majority of drivers have no idea what it is and get a huge surprise when it takes off. Its great for embarrassing BMW and Audi drivers who like to kiss your bumper.
I'm now on 4300 miles at just over a year old and can see me owning this car for a long time. It's a great looking car which is an added bonus.
Sorry to hear about your dog.
The JB4 is tempting - I'll wait a year and then look at options. I have the lease for 4 years but might look to buy at the end as this car is so good. We will see what is out there when it comes to renewal.

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
[/QUOTE]
Ahh **** man, it's a sad day when that happens. You provided a great life for him/her and they will love you for it.

I wouldn't jb4 it yet but will consider it one day. Apparently, you can res delete safely on lease and just switch it back over. Warranty is fine with it my lease guy said.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK

Ahh **** man, it's a sad day when that happens. You provided a great life for him/her and they will love you for it.

I wouldn't jb4 it yet but will consider it one day. Apparently, you can res delete safely on lease and just switch it back over. Warranty is fine with it my lease guy said.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks - was fine one minute then had massive fit and collapsed. We tried to save him for two days with fluids and medicines. Not sure what happened but they suspect kidney failure leading to toxic build up in blood.

Interesting re res delete - I'm going to leave it stock for a while yet and then look at options.

G_Morto

Mar 20, 2020
I love how the majority of drivers have no idea what it is and get a huge surprise when it takes off. Its great for embarrassing BMW and Audi drivers who like to kiss your bumper.

I’ve now ordered one on lease and this is what I’m looking forward to the most.

Will be my first “powerful” car as well and although I have a faint idea here’s a question for you guys...

Which cars should I NOT expect to compete against? There’s the obvious RS3, super cars etc and probably most motorbikes.

What about the Focus RS? Or every shoddy looking Subaru that cuts about for example?

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
I’m another that has had an m135i previously and would agree with others that the Cupra is more fun and chuckable. Feels like a proper hot hatch. Wouldn’t say the straight line performance was far off either, I presume the Cupra is lighter than the bmw, although the sound doesn’t compare to the straight six engine note. It does sound rather muted in the Cupra, maybe will improve and loosen up with some miles on it.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK

Will be my first “powerful” car as well and although I have a faint idea here’s a question for you guys...

Which cars should I NOT expect to compete against? There’s the obvious RS3, super cars etc and probably most motorbikes.

What about the Focus RS? Or every shoddy looking Subaru that cuts about for example?
If you find a twisty country road I can pretty much say that you will be faster than most cars - or at the least competitive. It has serious cornering capability - more than feels natural.

Still early days but so far it has not disappointed.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019

Focus RS from a rolling start shouldn't be an issue for the Cupra in stock form. Not had chance to play with any Suburus, but I doubt they'd be an issue from rolling. Just never try and beat anything off the line that has 4wd. It's not going to happen as you don't have the traction. However from a rolling start and on the twisties the Cupra can punch above its weight.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
I reckon my ST (as it's 4 wheel drive...) is quicker from A to B than my 5 litre TVR Griffith.
Acceleration figures are pretty even as well....
But the TVR sounds much nicer - 5ltr V8 de-catted with custom exhaust :whistle:.

AirBM

Jul 20, 2020
I’m another that has had an m135i previously and would agree with others that the Cupra is more fun and chuckable. Feels like a proper hot hatch. Wouldn’t say the straight line performance was far off either, I presume the Cupra is lighter than the bmw, although the sound doesn’t compare to the straight six engine note. It does sound rather muted in the Cupra, maybe will improve and loosen up with some miles on it.

Nice to get a comparison when you've had time it it. I'm only 500m in but off the bat.

Cupra Pros:
Gear shifting is faster/nicer
Cornering is much more improved goes hand in hand with handling
Interior feels a nicer place to be
Flat bottom steering wheel
Dash and OIL TEMP GAUGE is absolute killer feature (mate jumped in the other day and nearly cried as he's got a 135 as well)
Android auto/acp
Seats being alacantra (cool in summer/warm in winter)
Hopefully a little better mpg but not much
Insurance price is much better (Getting ridiculous on the m134/140s now)

One thing i will always miss on that 135 is the pull, my god, looking back the way it just effortlessly pulled was insane. Think i will try the linear throttle coding as i just feel like it's not the same input type.

Reactions: Rob66
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members