Aidan's Mk2 Leon Cupra

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Been meaning to get a proper decat pipe now for a while, eventually wanting some more power so it's a must as I was running the stock downpipe with just the cats hollowed out.

Anyway managed to get the popular tfsi 3" downpipe from eBay for £100 (they list it at £120 but everyone says they accept £100 which they did)

Happy days it turned up, decent quality for £100, the Flexi pipe isn't very flexible though 😂 it didn't cause any problems in all honesty and the welding wasn't bad either so set about fitting it. For me it's not so bad as I have a lift so took apart the intake and heat shield, loosened off two downpipe bolts, unplugged the top O2 sensor and got underneath and loosened off the other 2 bolts. Loosened the clamp at the end of the mid section and dropped the old downpipe down.

New one went in along with a new oem turbski to downpipe gasket from TPS and all went together pretty nicely, no fitment issues and clamped it all together and used a bit of exhaust paste in the clamps to ensure it was sealed good.

IMG20210319135414.jpg

IMG20210319141941.jpg

IMG20210319141946.jpg

IMG20210319145150.jpg

Sounds a bit louder than before and the burbles are more enhanced but driving nicely it's still fairly quiet, the tone has changed a little though.

I'll be doing some more modification to the rear section of the exhaust so the tone will change but it's pretty nice for now especially for a £100 pipe and an hour and 30mins of my time to fit it

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I want one , but with my backbox delete I'm worried itd be too loud now and drone

I've smashed the precat out the OEM downpipe

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Been a busy few days on the cupra, I decided to treat myself to a Welly cooler, I went for the creations motorsports kit as we have a dealership with them through the company so get a few quid off.

It's the standard size "Welly cooler" core (600x300x76) along with the pipe kit and bayonet coupler. It was a pretty hard install in all honesty, I wouldn't want to do another 😂 but it's all in now and the cars seems to be pulling stronger all over and is more noticeable top end when before it was gasping for cool air.

Started off by removing the front bumper which is a relatively easy job, and lifted up the car to disconnect the old piping. On the old discharge pipe you need to keep the smaller green o ring to put on the bayonet coupler which attaches on to the discharge pipe!
IMG20210310114202.jpg

Mine was perfectly fine once I cleaned it up and I smoke tested it which it passed!

IMG20210309190111.jpg

I Ihen started chopping up the crash bar, this process was pretty long as it's just trial and error, I also had to cut the front of the rad pack support so the intercooler could sit more flush against the air con rad. Also had to move the air temp sensor and bend the horns out of the way.

I managed to get the intercooler to sit behind the crashbar and made a little bracket to hold it in place,
IMG20210309201224.jpg

I had some old brackets for tube lights which worked perfectly so drilled a hole and nut + bolted them in place,
IMG20210310120815.jpg

also it's a fairly tight fit behind the crash bar so the intercooler is pretty solid.

IMG20210309213532.jpg

The pipework is difficult to connect up, probably the hardest part. Some people Tig weld pipe to the original discharge pipe which if I could Tig weld and had spare pipe I would have done. Unfortunately had to make do with the coupler and as mentioned just takes a super long time and patience to get the pipes in. The other side (charge) was a breeze.

IMG20210310184659.jpg

IMG20210310184703.jpg

IMG20210310184711.jpg

IMG20210310184714.jpg

IMG20210310203223.jpg

Once I'd got it all fitted up was pretty hard to get the front bumper on, had to wriggle the horns around, the one on the right I mounted it the opposite way so it was out the way, and left side I just moved till it wasn't fouling the fog light housing. Also had to take off the air duct and bracket, I probably could of made that fit with enough effort but in all honesty I just wanted the car back together and instead I put the cold air feed for my intake there instead ( the black pipe to the right of the shiny one)

IMG20210311125710.jpg

After cutting the plastics out at the bottom inside of the front bumper and messing around with the headlight washer hoses I finally managed to get it back together.

IMG-20210311-220753.jpg

IMG-20210311-220814.jpg

Thank God for that never doing a Welly cooler again 😂😂

So worth it though ;)

And whilst I had it up on the ramp it'd be rude not to do a quick oil and oil filter change :)

IMG20210311144215.jpg
Hi mate how is this intercooler getting on since fitted have you had any problems with The ac not blowing as cold etc? Or engine temps gone up as it’s blocking the rad? Only reason I ask is I’m thinking of ordering the same one from them as it seems to be the same setup as the dynodaze one sept for creation make there coolers them selfs.
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated mate. Thankyou.

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Hi mate how is this intercooler getting on since fitted have you had any problems with The ac not blowing as cold etc? Or engine temps gone up as it’s blocking the rad? Only reason I ask is I’m thinking of ordering the same one from them as it seems to be the same setup as the dynodaze one sept for creation make there coolers them selfs.
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated mate. Thankyou.
Hi bud, intercooler has been absolutely spot on so far, car always feels quick now where as before intake temps were high enough for it to pull timing. The pipes are an absolute pita to fit, lots of trimming and test fitting required but the kit as a whole is well made! Not really tested AC to be honest, think I had it on once the week it was warm and seemed plenty cold enough, and no high water temps too :)

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi bud, intercooler has been absolutely spot on so far, car always feels quick now where as before intake temps were high enough for it to pull timing. The pipes are an absolute pita to fit, lots of trimming and test fitting required but the kit as a whole is well made! Not really tested AC to be honest, think I had it on once the week it was warm and seemed plenty cold enough, and no high water temps too :)
Thanks for the reply mate. Glad to hear it’s going well I’ve got mine now im planning on fitting it tomorrow if it’s not raining all day outside mine. I have seen they make brackets to remove the old cooler too which I am going to order but I want to fit this one in place first as I need the box out the way lol 😂

Reactions: Aidanr97

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I know what you mean when you said never again... mission but well worth it. Your photos definitely helped me.
I really want to fit the duct back to cool the gearbox and back of the engine bay I’m going to take another look at it this weekend hopefully if it’s not raining.

Reactions: Aidanr97

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
I know what you mean when you said never again... mission but well worth it. Your photos definitely helped me.
I really want to fit the duct back to cool the gearbox and back of the engine bay I’m going to take another look at it this weekend hopefully if it’s not raining.
I actually laughed reading that, a bit tight of me I know 🤣 but yeah I never would want to do one again, unless there is a lot of beer tokens involved lol and glad the photos helped buddy, I struggled to find decent ones when doing mine so thought I'd try and take photos of what I was looking for myself when fitting to help others. Do you have a mod thread? I'll check it out if you do

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I actually laughed reading that, a bit tight of me I know 🤣 but yeah I never would want to do one again, unless there is a lot of beer tokens involved lol and glad the photos helped buddy, I struggled to find decent ones when doing mine so thought I'd try and take photos of what I was looking for myself when fitting to help others. Do you have a mod thread? I'll check it out if you do
Hi mate no not really a thread mines not worthy of a actual thread as it’s the worst 1P you’ll ever see lol it just had a lot of nice parts bolted on it.

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Quickly changed the spark plugs the other day as they have been in a while now and gone through alot bless them, oil ingress when the rocker cover gasket needed doing and water when I didn't seal up the holes.

IMG20210428153028.jpg

Cylinder 4's plug speaks for itself 😂 the others were better than that. Still a PITA to get out, had to gradually loosen then tighten to make sure I didn't snap them and get them stuck in the head

Need to grab some new coils at some point too, I have genuine R8 coils at the min but seen they have gone up a fair whack in price so may get the NGK or Bosch variants

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
OMG 😱 i did notice on mine when I first got the car I put brand new vw coil packs onto and within 6 months I pulled them out to check the plugs and one of them was rusted badly I’m gonna recheck mine in the morning I think make sure they’ll are ok and order some up. I need to seal the bonnet up.

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
OMG 😱 i did notice on mine when I first got the car I put brand new vw coil packs onto and within 6 months I pulled them out to check the plugs and one of them was rusted badly I’m gonna recheck mine in the morning I think make sure they’ll are ok and order some up. I need to seal the bonnet up.
I'd definitely check the plugs mate, I think if I'd have left mine any longer it could of been an entirely different story getting them out

The chambers were all rusted and had debris in them aswell so cleaned them with a rag and wd-40 then made a tool so I could get in there with the hoover to hoover all the crap out 😂

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
That’s not making me feel any better I’ll check that first thing. I was gonna order some new plugs and new cam follower. Someone gave me a engine cover to put back on mine on Friday but me being me when I took mine off I took off the pegs and brackets the old engine cover pushed down on, and do you think I can find those parts on eBay now? Jesus Christ lol I need someone to let me take it off there car so I can refit my engine cover back on that should stop water from going down the coil pack holes hopefully.

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
That’s not making me feel any better I’ll check that first thing. I was gonna order some new plugs and new cam follower. Someone gave me a engine cover to put back on mine on Friday but me being me when I took mine off I took off the pegs and brackets the old engine cover pushed down on, and do you think I can find those parts on eBay now? Jesus Christ lol I need someone to let me take it off there car so I can refit my engine cover back on that should stop water from going down the coil pack holes hopefully.
Yeah I think I'm going to graft my engine cover to fit around the induction kit and hopefully keep water away from the coils. I may, just may have some of those feet spare in the unit from when I've put induction kits on customers TFSI, if I do I can post em your way

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
That would be great Thankyou let me know. There is a bracket that bolts onto the engine lifting eye by the fuel pump I took off too if you’d have that it would be great I’ll cover any cost money is waiting. Thanks a lot.
73F3BDC7-D33B-46DD-BD6E-51DD00EE8BAD.jpeg

Last edited:

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
That would be great Thankyou let me know. There is a bracket that bolts onto the engine lifting eye by the fuel pump I took off too if you’d have that it would be great I’ll cover any cost money is waiting. Thanks a lot. View attachment 24191
Ah yeah I don't think I have the front ones, just the weird plasticy rubbery things that go into them. I'll have a look for you anyway bud on Tuesday

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.