As many of you know, we offer a wide range of retrofit services/solutions.

One of our more popular services is an upgrade from MIB1 5.8" to MIB2 6.5"/8"

This is available as a DIY kit or there's an optional installation service available too

The DIY kits come with the necessary parts/wiring, along with all of the coding/activation done by ourselves to suit your vehicle leaving you the straight forward job of installation!

You can learn more here

MIB2 8" https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/collections/seat-leon-mk3/products/mib2-8-upgrade-kit

MIB2 6.5"

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Reactions: Walone

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015

This is available as a DIY kit or there's an optional installation service available too

The DIY kits come with the necessary parts/wiring, along with all of the coding/activation done by ourselves to suit your vehicle leaving you the straight forward job of installation!

You can learn more here

MIB2 8" https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/collections/seat-leon-mk3/products/mib2-8-upgrade-kit

MIB2 6.5"

I was gutted when after a few weeks of picking up my Leon in May 2015 the next model year (MY2016) went to the MIB2 units with more features. Missed it by 6 weeks 🤦

I have the Nav high unit with Mirror link only, but it does have the upgraded sound at least! (I think that's the MIB1 - it's been a few years since I looked at this)

First I've heard of being able to upgrade MIB1 to MIB2, thinking of moving my Leon on but if I keep it this sounds great, especially with the DIY kit. Good on you 😀

I was gutted when after a few weeks of picking up my Leon in May 2015 the next model year (MY2016) went to the MIB2 units with more features. Missed it by 6 weeks 🤦

I have the Nav high unit with Mirror link only, but it does have the upgraded sound at least! (I think that's the MIB1 - it's been a few years since I looked at this)

First I've heard of being able to upgrade MIB1 to MIB2, thinking of moving my Leon on but if I keep it this sounds great, especially with the DIY kit. Good on you 😀
If you've got mirrorlink then it'll have the capability for Android auto & apple carplay too, which would make it MIB2! :)

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
If you've got mirrorlink then it'll have the capability for Android auto & apple carplay too, which would make it MIB2! :)
All I can remember is when an update came out I had the older model which meant it couldn't have the update to AA and ACP. I'll fish out the part no...

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
All I can remember is when an update came out I had the older model which meant it couldn't have the update to AA and ACP. I'll fish out the part no...
Ok so it is a MIB2 but only with Mirror link from factory, says Harman on it 27.03.2015

5F0035020
Hardware: H41
Software 0123

These units were the 'Nav High, fitted up to 29th May 2015 when it became MY2016

Johnny Leon

May 17, 2005
I'd always thought mine was a MIB1 but guess not :-

5F0035020A
H41

It's a MY2016 (delivered July 2015), 8 button / 2 rotary display and didn't come with a Map SD card.

Still a bit confused though. Does this mean I can :-
a) get a s/w update (and what are the changes)
b) get mapcare
or not b) cos its a MIB2 High, unless I also buy a d-link e100 ?

Last edited:

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london

You can learn more here

MIB2 6.5"

can you hack the preh units with the most connector on the back? as i already have a spare unit.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I'd always thought mine was a MIB1 but guess not :-

5F0035020A
H41

It's a MY2016 (delivered July 2015), 8 button / 2 rotary display and didn't come with a Map SD card.

Still a bit confused though. Does this mean I can :-
a) get a s/w update (and what are the changes)
b) get mapcare
or not b) cos its a MIB2 High, unless I also buy a d-link e100 ?
Mine was similar, Hardware H42, build date mid November 2015, came with Android Auto/Apple Carplay and MirrorLink, I've updated the software to 1409 and had the FEC updated so that I can update the maps myself. I also changed the 6.5" screen to 8".
'Touch wood' I can't fault it. Had lots of problems when new.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.