Build date thread

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
I'm all confused now.

So, last week I've got a call from the import company because of my complaint to the CEO of Seat at LinkedIn. They've told me expected production Q4.
I've sent a mail to my dealer with the question to cancel my order since production Q4 will be delivery in 2023 and that will give problems for me.
My dealer replied they've checked everything with the import company again. My order has no options which are subject of extra delay and the factory in Spain will prioritize my order.

So, they are doing everything to keep my order for the Cupra Leon ST PHEV.

In the same time, customers from Seat Leon PHEV's are getting the message their order will not be produced this year and they get the choice:
1. Waiting and hoping it will be delivered before summer 2023
2. Changing the order to a petrol
3. Cancel the order.

Why are they so difficult to cancel my order while others get to hear it is better to cancel? Even to the point they say my order is getting prioritized, which is actually impossible. I can not believe they will build a car sooner for just one insignificant customer.

Sinopia

Jun 24, 2022
I'm all confused now.

So, last week I've got a call from the import company because of my complaint to the CEO of Seat at LinkedIn. They've told me expected production Q4.
I've sent a mail to my dealer with the question to cancel my order since production Q4 will be delivery in 2023 and that will give problems for me.
My dealer replied they've checked everything with the import company again. My order has no options which are subject of extra delay and the factory in Spain will prioritize my order.

So, they are doing everything to keep my order for the Cupra Leon ST PHEV.

In the same time, customers from Seat Leon PHEV's are getting the message their order will not be produced this year and they get the choice:
1. Waiting and hoping it will be delivered before summer 2023
2. Changing the order to a petrol
3. Cancel the order.

Why are they so difficult to cancel my order while others get to hear it is better to cancel? Even to the point they say my order is getting prioritized, which is actually impossible. I can not believe they will build a car sooner for just one insignificant customer.
Hi there, new to these forums and first comment here but have been following along as I have a Seat Leon PHEV on order since nov 21.

Just curious where you have heard about people with Seat Leon PHEV orders getting the message their order wont be produced this year?

May 13, 2022
Hi there, new to these forums and first comment here but have been following along as I have a Seat Leon PHEV on order since nov 21.

Just curious where you have heard about people with Seat Leon PHEV orders getting the message their order wont be produced this year?
My dealer rang me to notify me. Mine is on order since Sep 21, dealer reckons it won’t be delivered until Q1 of 2023.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022

Multiple dutch forums. My dealer told me cupra is getting prioritized and since the import company said production in Q4 for my order (september 2021) I believe them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

Jun 24, 2022

From what I have read in Spanish forums, they have cancelled PHEV orders because they are not producing them anymore. In 2023 they will start again, but the price won't be the same. They are offering two options, giving the money back or buying a Cupra PHEV (but they don't guarantee you anything). Also, some people have been told that Cupra Formentor PHEV has priority.

In my case, I have a FR GO XL eTSI that was produced during the first week of June, but I'm still waiting because there aren't dynamic rear lights available.

Reactions: OneLeggedIdiot

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
I know the dynamic indicators have been removed but does anyone know if the coast to coast light bar has been removed as well on the new Leon builds?

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
From what I have read in Spanish forums, they have cancelled PHEV orders because they are not producing them anymore. In 2023 they will start again, but the price won't be the same. They are offering two options, giving the money back or buying a Cupra PHEV (but they don't guarantee you anything). Also, some people have been told that Cupra Formentor PHEV has priority.

In my case, I have a FR GO XL eTSI that was produced during the first week of June, but I'm still waiting because there aren't dynamic rear lights available.
This is exactly what my dealership told me.

They proposed to change my Seat Leon to a Cupra Leon (both hybrid), or I could cancel my order and get my money back.

I asked if there was any possibility for me to get the actual car I ordered within a reasonable time frame, but they told me that I would probably have to wait for a whole more year or so, and even I might still not get the car (I ordered in Dec 2021).

The thing is, if they persuade all Seat orders to be switched to Cupras, they waiting times will become huge for the Cupras as well..

They also said that MY23 has started, so even if the order was made last year, I still won’t get dynamic indicators..

May 13, 2022

They proposed to change my Seat Leon to a Cupra Leon (both hybrid), or I could cancel my order and get my money back.

I asked if there was any possibility for me to get the actual car I ordered within a reasonable time frame, but they told me that I would probably have to wait for a whole more year or so, and even I might still not get the car (I ordered in Dec 2021).

The thing is, if they persuade all Seat orders to be switched to Cupras, they waiting times will become huge for the Cupras as well..

They also said that MY23 has started, so even if the order was made last year, I still won’t get dynamic indicators..
How would this work with orders for leased cars though?

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022

It's just a joke for VAG I think. They do not realise they are pushing away their customers by the way they are handling this mess. Their communication sucks, their damage control sucks, and their management is ignorant when checking their LinkedIn profiles and posts.

The BMW IX of my father in law was ordered in january, will be delivered this week. If I want to change my cupra to a BMW 330e, they can deliver a stock car.
One of my colleagues ordered a Mercedes C-class PHEV, delivered within 8 months.
The dealer of Hyundai, where I ordered my wife's car two weeks ago, had production date in April, but warned us it will be delivered in June with a max delay of 4 months.
Only Jaguar-Land Rover is ******* up harder than VAG.

For the people with this possibility: try a grey import from Germany or Spain. They have PHEV's in stock and as a young secondhand car from Seat and Cupra. When searching at Autoscout24, I see +100 Cupra's spread around Europe and +400 Seats spread around Europe with less than 10.000kms.

I'm trying to cancel my order already for 2 months because I know this, but my dealer does not want to cancel. If I talk about canceling, they are showing the terms and conditions where it says I have to pay 15% fee when canceling because it is a force of majority.

Sinopia

Jun 24, 2022
Very confused now. Asked my dealership if my order could be cancelled or swapped to cupra leon PHEV as others have reported. Came back and said they aren't aware of this being offered, no note against my order and instead that the factory has said my order has an estimated build date of Jan 2023. This is the first time i've been given any sort of build estimate so I guess i'm inclined to hold on for the next 6/7 months

May 13, 2022
Very confused now. Asked my dealership if my order could be cancelled or swapped to cupra leon PHEV as others have reported. Came back and said they aren't aware of this being offered, no note against my order and instead that the factory has said my order has an estimated build date of Jan 2023. This is the first time i've been given any sort of build estimate so I guess i'm inclined to hold on for the next 6/7 months
This is what annoys me about SEAT dealers and VAG group generally. They all say different things….

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
A miracle happened... But not for me.
When I was checking registrations of new Leon hybrids (cupra and seat) in the Netherlands, I saw there are 2 new Leons e-hybrids registrated. So... this means they are combining production from Cupra with Seat, or produced cars waiting for chips are getting their chips. It is only 2, I know, but this means there is movement.

Chestnut

Nov 19, 2021
Latest from lease company for Seat Leon plugin hybrid ordered Sept ‘21…

”With regards to your order our dealer is advising that due to heavy delays on all Hybrid models with Seat the delay could go into the March of next year”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 26, 2022
Just been informed that my motability order for a Leon fr estate PHEV from sept 2021 has now been cancelled. Can’t even get the option of petrol as others have mentioned in previous comment. Now stuck with either an Arona or an Ateca. What a load of crap waiting 10 months for nothing. If I choose either of those cars it’s classed as a new order so now properly in the deep end as this was my first motability order so will be without a car from September

Reactions: Har0012
May 13, 2022
Just been informed that my motability order for a Leon fr estate PHEV from sept 2021 has now been cancelled. Can’t even get the option of petrol as others have mentioned in previous comment. Now stuck with either an Arona or an Ateca. What a load of crap waiting 10 months for nothing. If I choose either of those cars it’s classed as a new order so now properly in the deep end as this was my first motability order so will be without a car from September
This is not what I wanted to hear. VW group have literally just taken people for a ride. I have a FR hatchback PHEV on order since sep 2021 also I guess I just wait until my dealer rings me to tell me the news.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Since it is their fault you're without a car I would ask for a big discount or a temporary replacement. My dealer (but for the cupra) was holding me back to cancel the order and said it themself: "if the car isn't in time we can always see for a discount to compensate the loss for the sale of your current car or give you a temporary replacement." Luckily for them, I had ordered the Cupra and I have a building date since last week: week 36, with delivery end of octobre. Just before my deadline of 1 november.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
I have cancelled my Leon FR PHEV order.

I ordered Dec 2021 and my dealer told me that the factory is so slow to build hybrid Leons that I would likely have to wait one more year from now.

They offered the alternative of switching my order to a cupra leon hybrid (the factory said that those were prioritized over Seat Leons and would be built faster), which I initially agreed to, but then the dealer got an update that this would also take 8-10 months extra.

In the end, after I told my dealer that I wasn’t able to wait for that long, they gave me a good quote on a Formentor Hybrid they had in the showroom will less than 300km of mileage, and I went with that one.

Sorry for giving you more bad news regarding PHEV Leons, but as of now they seem to be at the absolute bottom of Seat’s priority list and big delays are to be expected, as of now. Hopefully they find a solution soon enough, because this situation is really frustrating.
If I was’t lucky enough to convince my dealer to sell me that formentor hybrid, I would have had a waiting time of over 1.5 year and who knows if any more delays were to come up during that time..

Reactions: OneLeggedIdiot

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
Wonder if this is a sign of things to come. The problem with us all having older orders, maybe with discounts means technically they could cancel, give you back your deposit and now get more £’s from a younger sale.

If this happens to me though i‘d certainly not be buying from the vw group.

May 13, 2022
I have now cancelled my order for my Leon FR PHEV. Ordered early September 2021, got a good deal on a nearly new Leon petrol instead.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.