Build date thread

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
Anybody else's order been delayed due to the semiconductor shortage?

Ordered an E-hybrid FR trim. Confirmed build week of 29 (19th – 23rd July 2021). Car still sat in the factory due to the above. Thought it might be interesting to compare notes for others also waiting.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Ordered an 130 FR ST in August and was told mid February ( have asked them to hold for new March reg)

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Ordered mine beginning of July. Dealer said I was in luck, as they had 2 in the same spec/colour I wanted "On the way".
Funnily enough mine is now not "On the way" as theres parts shortages. Tentative pick up date of Mid October now but im not holding my breath.
Guess it was a case of the dealer telling me what I wanted to hear ... :cautious:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Ordered mine beginning of July. Dealer said I was in luck, as they had 2 in the same spec/colour I wanted "On the way".
Funnily enough mine is now not "On the way" as theres parts shortages. Tentative pick up date of Mid October now but im not holding my breath.
Guess it was a case of the dealer telling me what I wanted to hear ... :cautious:
To give the dealer the benefit of the doubt, I dare say they may have had a confirmed build week for the car, so the salesperson was making the assumption it would be built during that confirmed build week. However, from what I’ve read on other VAG forums, even confirmed build weeks seem to be getting pushed back, so there’s lots of uncertainty around when cars are actually getting built.

Alternatively, as you’ve said, the salesperson may have been telling you what they thought you wanted to hear just to secure a sale 🤔.

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
My car was supposedly built last week, mostly, but now it is in "stage 6" which means it is under review on what electronics components are still missing. If they can't get all the components, it will be under hiatus until the components are in stock. If they find all the components it will enter "stage 7" which means they will book a shipping date. Before Christmas if I'm lucky I would say. My old car still works so no panic, it's only 17 years old and will run a couple of months more.

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
I'm chasing the Seat dealer again tomorrow to try to get some sense of build date/delay for my FR ehybrid estate with pan roof...🙄
Well no news, except that I'm advised that hybrid cars are being prioritised for arriving semiconductors over non-hybrids.., so that's hopefully good for me😇 but less so for others...😊🤪

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
Well no news, except that I'm advised that hybrid cars are being prioritised for arriving semiconductors over non-hybrids.., so that's hopefully good for me😇 but less so for others...😊🤪

I have ordered a eTSI, it IS a hybrid even if it's just a mild-Hybrid LoL

Reactions: Torque69

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
I've just received an email from the leasing company that delivery date now anticipated to be 7th December 2021, I add the year for clarity...🤔🙄

So not end of October 2021..🧐

Last edited:
Reactions: xeizo

LiamO

Sep 3, 2021
Had an update on mine on 1st October, (FR E-hybrid Confirmed build week of 29, 19th – 23rd July 2021), that the vehicle is now in transit to the UK port.

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
Had an update on mine on 1st October, (FR E-hybrid Confirmed build week of 29, 19th – 23rd July 2021), that the vehicle is now in transit to the UK port.

Mine was built last week, week of 39, considering the same 10 weeks of lag it should start shipping in week 49. It's a stretch if it arrives for delivery before Christmas. Oh well, it is what it is.

Reactions: LiamO

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
I ordered mine (ST eHybrid FR) at the end of November 2020. Still haven't received it. So, I can "celebrate" anniversary soon!

The status is now: "in production" and I know the VIN code of the car already. However, it has been postponed so many times that even this information doesn't assure me that it would come soon. They may produce half-ready car to a warehouse where it will sit another month or two waiting for some parts. Oh boy, are we in some alternate reality with these orders....:rolleyes:

Deleted member 123864

I ordered mine (ST eHybrid FR) at the end of November 2020. Still haven't received it. So, I can "celebrate" anniversary soon!

The status is now: "in production" and I know the VIN code of the car already. However, it has been postponed so many times that even this information doesn't assure me that it would come soon. They may produce half-ready car to a warehouse where it will sit another month or two waiting for some parts. Oh boy, are we in some alternate reality with these orders....:rolleyes:
I ordered mine in November 2020 also, and I've been driving it since January 2021. Factory Build. FR 150 manual.

yaffa0

Jan 26, 2017
I ordered mine in November 2020 also, and I've been driving it since January 2021. Factory Build. FR 150 manual.
Yeah, I hear you :p. I know some people here in Finland who ordered their cars (similar to mine) in October 2020 and they got them already in April this year. Somehow this problem worsened during the summer '21 and It looks like I missed the window of getting the car by one month (I should have ordered mine in October... damn :mad:). These delays may also relate to some build options (like DCC, electric tow hook, etc.). I had almost everything in my order (bar that glass roof).

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I got confirmation my car is stuck waiting for components, looks like it can be a very long wait oh well

Torque69

Sep 18, 2021
South Birmingham
I got confirmation my car is stuck waiting for components, looks like it can be a very long wait oh well
Makes you wonder where all these semi built cars are being stored?!

Not like the size issue of continuous production of 737 Max's had for Boeing when grounded, but are our cars under cover, parked in fields or what?🙄🤔

xeizo

Aug 17, 2021
I checked Google Earth, there are plenty of cars in long straight rows outside the factory ...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise