Build date thread

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
when did you mail them? i mailed them on the 25th and still no response.

Also, I wouldn't in any case like them to send my dealership a copy of the conversation, since I am describing how "clueless and not helpful" they are in my email 😅
I did mail them after you posted the e-mailaddress ;-).

I'm working in a sort of customer care myself so I know how to keep my mails polite but straight to the point. I did not said anything bad about the dealer or import company, but just said they couldn't give me any info.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
the totally unexpected response from Seat:

Thank you for your email message.

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you and would like to inform you that the dealer where the purchase has been made and/or the importer of the market in question are the ones in charge of keeping track of the orders. Therefore, we regret to confirm that we do not have more information than they do.

Yours sincerely,
International Customer Care SEAT, S.A.

in short words: thank you for your money. Now you can f**k off 🙂

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
the totally unexpected response from Seat:

Thank you for your email message.

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you and would like to inform you that the dealer where the purchase has been made and/or the importer of the market in question are the ones in charge of keeping track of the orders. Therefore, we regret to confirm that we do not have more information than they do.

Yours sincerely,
International Customer Care SEAT, S.A.

in short words: thank you for your money. Now you can f**k off
Monday I'm going to contact my dealer (again) and ask if they know more. My father in law just called to ask if I knew when my car is coming because he had a call this week his new BMW (ordered in January) will arrive at the end of june. He said he was glad he stayed at BMW with the service I got. He was thinking to change to VAG but delivery was too long. He wanted to see how they handle the current problems to see if a change in 2026 was a good idea cause he is not very pleased by his dealer anymore. But that's gone now.

Small thing, if he had changed, it would be with his whole company, so 15 BMW's changing to VAG. They f*cked up by not caring about my order.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Monday I'm going to contact my dealer (again) and ask if they know more. My father in law just called to ask if I knew when my car is coming because he had a call this week his new BMW (ordered in January) will arrive at the end of june. He said he was glad he stayed at BMW with the service I got. He was thinking to change to VAG but delivery was too long. He wanted to see how they handle the current problems to see if a change in 2026 was a good idea cause he is not very pleased by his dealer anymore. But that's gone now.

Small thing, if he had changed, it would be with his whole company, so 15 BMW's changing to VAG. They f*cked up by not caring about my order.

The big ussue was overpromising and underdelivering.
They were accepting huge volumes of orders and telling dealers to report ~6 months max until delivery, which was obviously not feasible..

Deleted member 123864

Awful lot of seriously woke people in this thread. VAG are not responsible for ships getting stuck in the Suez, chip shortages, or Russia invading Ukraine.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
The big ussue was overpromising and underdelivering.
They were accepting huge volumes of orders and telling dealers to report ~6 months max until delivery, which was obviously not feasible..
And I can understand that, but just be honest to your customers. I will have more respect and understanding if they just tell me 12 to 15 months of delivery, than 5 times delaying when delivery date is coming closer.
A few weeks ago I stopped at Jaguar because I'm thinking what my best option is if I don't have a delivery date soon and they just literally said. If you need the car quick, we will rip you off by selling you a nearly new for the price of a new one. If you have patience, a new one can be delivered in 18 months.
Tbh: I'm willing to get ripped off just because they are honest about it. But I like the cupra too much.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Awful lot of seriously woke people in this thread. VAG are not responsible for ships getting stuck in the Suez, chip shortages, or Russia invading Ukraine.
VAG is not responsible for the problems. VAG is responsible for terrible communication.

And for all these shortages, please be sceptic. Container shortage last year? I was begging CMA and HAPAG to rent out their empties cause I had no room anymore to stock them.
Shortage of aluminium and steel? We are using tents to function as warehouses cause our warehouses are all full. And it's with all materials the same at different terminals and warehouses from different companies.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Agreed.
I am not blaming them for any of the crazy things going on in the world right now.

But just as @OneLeggedIdiot said, other manufacturers were at least honest. I have friends that went to Toyota and Huyndai and they told them they had to wait 14 and 18 months respectively.
Sneaky VAG was and still is promising short delivery times, and consequently stealing customers from other brands and screwing them up later. This is what we are complaining about, not the delay itself.

Reactions: OneLeggedIdiot

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
After Seat Spain sent my mail to import company in Belgium, I have an answer from them today too: "Ask your dealer, we know from nothing."

I've also contacted my dealer this morning. His mail arrived two minutes before the one from the import company: "No production date yet, but Cupra will be prioritized before SEAT, so from the moment they start building Leon Hybrids, first the Cupra's will come."

For the dynamic indicators, normally ordered cars will have them, but new orders since the beginning of may will not have them.

I'm really getting sick of all this bullsh*t communication. My dealer doesn't get any info from Seat or the import company, and when asking them directly, they send me to the dealer. I'm now waiting for the management of the dealership. They will get in touch with me to arrange a meeting to talk about possibilities. I'm really thinking to cancel my order, although I really like the Cupra Leon.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
After Seat Spain sent my mail to import company in Belgium, I have an answer from them today too: "Ask your dealer, we know from nothing."

I've also contacted my dealer this morning. His mail arrived two minutes before the one from the import company: "No production date yet, but Cupra will be prioritized before SEAT, so from the moment they start building Leon Hybrids, first the Cupra's will come."

For the dynamic indicators, normally ordered cars will have them, but new orders since the beginning of may will not have them.

I'm really getting sick of all this bullsh*t communication. My dealer doesn't get any info from Seat or the import company, and when asking them directly, they send me to the dealer. I'm now waiting for the management of the dealership. They will get in touch with me to arrange a meeting to talk about possibilities. I'm really thinking to cancel my order, although I really like the Cupra Leon.
so it's the cars that were ordered from May 2022 onwards and not the cars that will be built from May onwards that will not have the dynamic indicators? Does that mean that people like us that ordered in 2021 will have dynamic indicators fitted to our cars?

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
so it's the cars that were ordered from May 2022 onwards and not the cars that will be built from May onwards that will not have the dynamic indicators? Does that mean that people like us that ordered in 2021 will have dynamic indicators fitted to our cars?
Yes, that is what my contact at the dealer told me. They've got the message orders from May 2022 are affected, but they did not receive info that previous orders will be affected.

I'm going to ask again when I have the meeting with the dealer management to be sure. But that will be the end of next week or the week after.

Communication is really a big issue at VAG... everybody gets other information about the indicators, nobody gets any info about their order and dealers are just the punching bags who get all the hate because the lack of communication from the importers and factory.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Yes, that is what my contact at the dealer told me. They've got the message orders from May 2022 are affected, but they did not receive info that previous orders will be affected.

I'm going to ask again when I have the meeting with the dealer management to be sure. But that will be the end of next week or the week after.

Communication is really a big issue at VAG... everybody gets other information about the indicators, nobody gets any info about their order and dealers are just the punching bags who get all the hate because the lack of communication from the importers and factory.
well at least the fact that we get to keep the dynamic indicators is the first positive news we heard in weeks 😅

tbh i was suspecting that it would only affect cars ordered, not built after May, because I talked to my dealer last week and he checked my order status and there were no messages regarding the removal of the dynamic indicators.. let's hope that this is really the case and we will be getting them after all..

Reactions: OneLeggedIdiot

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Had a meeting with the management of my dealership today. They have contacted the factory and told me the following:
All hybrids were on a production stop, but production will restart this month. Cupra will be prioritized over Seat. So they hope max waiting is until september for my Cupra (did order in september 2021).

For the dynamic indicators and welcome ceremony: it will be on ordered cars. Only if you have ordered after 5 May 2022, they are not there. And are not possible to order.

Reactions: chris_louk

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Had a meeting with the management of my dealership today. They have contacted the factory and told me the following:
All hybrids were on a production stop, but production will restart this month. Cupra will be prioritized over Seat. So they hope max waiting is until september for my Cupra (did order in september 2021).

For the dynamic indicators and welcome ceremony: it will be on ordered cars. Only if you have ordered after 5 May 2022, they are not there. And are not possible to order.
Really useful update. I wish you really get it on September and there are no further delays

My only question is: we were certain that Cupra would be prioritized over Seat. But, did they give you any more details on this “prioritization”?

I mean, does “prioritize” mean “we will make all cupra orders before we even start making Seats” ?

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Really useful update. I wish you really get it on September and there are no further delays

My only question is: we were certain that Cupra would be prioritized over Seat. But, did they give you any more details on this “prioritization”?

I mean, does “prioritize” mean “we will make all cupra orders before we even start making Seats” ?

The dealer didn't know for sure, but he suspects they start with only Cupra and after a few weeks when delivery times of Cupra are less than a year they start to produce Seat again too, but only in a limited amount. So the waiting time of Seat will still be getting longer while they want the waiting time for Cupra to be max 12 months. That's the only thing he knew for sure. The waiting time for Cupra must be dropped to 12 months max.

Reactions: chris_louk

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
So... a new update. This time from import company. I've reacted a few times on messages of Wayne Griffiths on LinkedIn. Apparently he, or his staff, reads the reactions, cause D'Ieteren was called from Spain to contact me about my order (cupra leon st phev).

It was bad news. Although they want to deliver cupras within 12 months, they can't. Even with prioritizing cupra, it will be Q4 to deliver my car. They don't even expect production of my order, which was placed in september, before september. Seats will have to wait even longer. Only if you're in a country with changing laws for phevs, they will try, not even guarantee, to deliver Seats in 2022.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
So... a new update. This time from import company. I've reacted a few times on messages of Wayne Griffiths on LinkedIn. Apparently he, or his staff, reads the reactions, cause D'Ieteren was called from Spain to contact me about my order (cupra leon st phev).

It was bad news. Although they want to deliver cupras within 12 months, they can't. Even with prioritizing cupra, it will be Q4 to deliver my car. They don't even expect production of my order, which was placed in september, before september. Seats will have to wait even longer. Only if you're in a country with changing laws for phevs, they will try, not even guarantee, to deliver Seats in 2022.
The way they are going back and forth with this is really frustrating.. Bit at least you will get it before 2023, which is better that what other guys said on this forum..

henry1

Nov 1, 2014
The way they are going back and forth with this is really frustrating.. Bit at least you will get it before 2023, which is better that what other guys said on this forum..
Mine Leon e hybrid is due March 2023. Ordered October 21. Is what it is….

Reactions: Har0012

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
At this moment, I'm not even sure about that. I'm now going to wait if my dealer contacts me before the end of the month. The importer is going to contact my dealer about the contact they had with me, but my dealer said last week it will be within 12 months and the importer said no way it is possible in 12 months. With my dealer I had an oral agreement to speak about solutions if not delivered before september, cause they are very hesitating about cancelling the order. But I need solutions.

My wife's car is sold and the buyer is also waiting for the car. I'm lucky it's my boss so she understands, but she needs the car ASAP. Her car will not make it till the end of the year so she needs a replacement before the end of the year.
And my current car, which is starting to show mechanical issues, will be switched for a Hyundai Tucson for my wife, which will be delivered between march and june 2023. But the Hyundai dealer put in the contract my X-Trail can not have more than 180.000km when turning it in. ATM I'm at 160.000km and I do +3500km/month. So if the Cupra is not delivered before november, I'm f*cked and have to pay extra for the Hyundai.

Also, if the Hyundai arrives before the Cupra, I'm f*cked since the car of my wife is a manual transmission and because of my disability I need an automatic with an adaption. So I have to turn in my car when the Hyundai arrives and will not have a car, while my wife has two cars, not possible for me to drive with...

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
I strangely had an email from Audi uk saying my a6 was in the preparation stage. I’ve just ignored as a mistake, be nice to think it was my Leon though. Ordered eTSI lux end of Jan and was told Sept at the time, before Ukraine/Russia kick off.