Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Nice one Josh, only just found this thread.
Will be interesting to see what the handling is like with this ride height and suspension set up. Theres a few aberdeenshire guys with pretty stiff suspension and its stottie as ####.
Not too nice TBH.
1,000 miles with stottie suspension in France would do your head in.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
*** cough cough***

My car just doesnt like dips in the road, not stottie but you know when theres a bump or dip.

Just found this thread too, bypasses are simple enough, better just ordering the stuff and it will make sense when your heads in your engine.

*** cough cough***

My car just doesnt like dips in the road, not stottie but you know when theres a bump or dip.

Just found this thread too, bypasses are simple enough, better just ordering the stuff and it will make sense when your heads in your engine.

Have you got coilovers? I had TA Technix and they were crap...

I have vac pipes so I could go out and do it just now, but reading up about it doesn't really sound worth it with the standard K03... Just have to get a K04 then!!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
*** cough cough***

Not really your car Wilz, more the guys from work with the MK3 Red cupra, its horrible

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
FK high sports or something iirc.

Weel my car should be going stiifer pretty soon with some rear bushes. look at baz thread.

To be honest all the bypas is doing is eliminating some areas where the car could loose pressure,. and tidy up the top of the engine.

Well todays the day I go to Le Mans!! :D Got all the stickers on last night. Looks ace! I have got pictures on my phone but at work just now and can't get onto photobucket...

Also got it serviced before the trip and put on the lower front strut brace and rear wheel spacers :) Forgot what a difference putting it on makes..! Also put in the temporarily broken dual gauge nomad pillar with the nomad boost gauge and oil pressure (although oil pressure isn't connected yet).

Had a quick wee shot of it today and I love it! First day I will be legally allowed to drive it is tomorrow, so when we get off the boat I will be ripping about in France! Well Belgium first [B)]

Will have plenty of pictures and hopefully videos after I come back! ;)

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Saw your Cupra at Indianapolis on Sunday night mate, looked really good. My cupra was at the campsite
though so you wouldn't have noticed me.

Got any pictures?

Emlyn

Saw your Cupra at Indianapolis on Sunday night mate, looked really good. My cupra was at the campsite
though so you wouldn't have noticed me.

Got any pictures?

Emlyn

Wow spotted in France! Supurb!
I've been busy since I got back so only had the time to get them on now.

Changes to the car are: 15mm rear spacers, stickers just for Le Mans, oh and a good service!

IbizaKCB03-06-09001-1.jpg

IbizaKCB03-06-09002-1.jpg

IbizaKCB03-06-09003-1.jpg

IbizaKCB03-06-09004.jpg

IbizaKCB03-06-09007.jpg

IbizaKCB03-06-09008-1.jpg

Got the new exhaust I bought on. First of the big mods that I've bought for it. Was really easy to fit. The standard clamps were a bit rusted and tight but nothing a bit of WD-40 and elbow grease didn't sort out! Didn't help the fact I was doing it on axle stands..! Backbox was interesting...

Anyway here are the pictures:

Exhaust001.jpg

Exhaust002.jpg

I like the sound! Not too loud but does give a nice note!

Another update:

Got my 6000K HIDs fitted. One of the ballasts wasn't working so I've borrowed one from my 1.6 until I get a replacement. Also put in bright white LEDs from ultraleds and I have to say I'm very impressed with them! Although they say they are white they are a very good match to the HIDs.

DSC00204.jpg

Also if you noticed I got a new LCR splitter fitted :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.