Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Light weight LCR;)

Tis is how the car looked on return from the SCN National meet, after a jet wash (no brush, obviously!)

P1050895.jpg

P1050896.jpg

P1050897.jpg

Once I got all the 'extra' stuff out of the car this is how she's running just now:)

P1050902.jpg

P1050898.jpg

P1050901.jpg

P1050900.jpg

P1050899.jpg

It is very difficult to quantify how much faster she is now due to the extra noise making her feel alot faster. I hope to do some 'testing' soon.
She does feel faster and I'll have to change the rear ARB setting for the road as she feels a bit more tail happy due to the weight loss over the rear wheels. I hope to swap the battery into the boot ASAP to help with this and help with the required space in the engine bay. this space will be used to fit a new induction system and fit my catch can.

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Heat gun and scraper on the cards next to get rid of the sound deadening. I got some good stuff for removing the left over residue;)

Where did Al sit on the way back up the road?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Heat gun and scraper on the cards next to get rid of the sound deadening. I got some good stuff for removing the left over residue;)

Where did Al sit on the way back up the road?
AAAAHH feck, forgot about him, lol

Na the seats were only stripped out when back up the road.

Some hints and tips on getting rid of the sound deadening would be good

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You've missed the door cards :p Have you got a rear strut brace on the cards?

Fair play on the Cobras. They do look VERY nice!
got my hands on a rear strutt brace at the weekend but these are too weedy for hanging harness off of just now so not planning on getting one TBH. Also the was a LCR race car there with a cage, there was NO rear strutt stiffening on it. the cage only went to the rear bench no further back. Door cards are to be gotten rid of too.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Looking good Willie you forgot to take out the rear seat belts :p interesting what you say about the rear strut brace in the Cupra Cup Car. i saw one at GTI international but spent most of the time looking at the engine so didn't notice if that has the rear strut.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
It is very difficult to quantify how much faster she is now due to the extra noise making her feel alot faster. I hope to do some 'testing' soon.
She does feel faster and I'll have to change the rear ARB setting for the road as she feels a bit more tail happy due to the weight loss over the rear wheels. I hope to swap the battery into the boot ASAP to help with this and help with the required space in the engine bay. this space will be used to fit a new induction system and fit my catch can.

I will prepare Bess today loon so we can run the 2 together on the test track tonight with view to seeing the difference between them. Will be good to see how it goes when stripped out and with the new lum and remap installed :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Looking good Willie you forgot to take out the rear seat belts :p interesting what you say about the rear strut brace in the Cupra Cup Car. i saw one at GTI international but spent most of the time looking at the engine so didn't notice if that has the rear strut.
I took pictures of this so an post these if your interested in this

I will prepare Bess today loon so we can run the 2 together on the test track tonight with view to seeing the difference between them. Will be good to see how it goes when stripped out and with the new lum and remap installed :)
Feck aye

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well, ever want to know how much sound deadening there is on a LCR??

5.5Kgs to be exact:) or in my case there was 5.5 Kgs!!
Thats obviously not including the fire proofing mats under the carpet.
TBH I think I've removed in excess of 100Kgs from the car, it's gonna be noisey:)

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
well she's pretty noisey but alot of fun.
Need to reduce the rear tyre pressure as she's a good bit lighter there no and feels a bit tail happy.
This will be good for tight tracks but not so good for the road.
Planning on doing some more 'testing' tonight so we'll see how that goes

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.