Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Suspected worn CV joints cured:)

Well basically I fitted new engine and transmission mounts to the car a while ago.
Not thinking this could be linked, I started to get a whine/groan on hard acceleration and full lock.
So anyway on investigating a different problem I noticed when I had fitted the engine mount it was a bit out of alignment. when this was sorted out the groan/whine has gone:)

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Well basically I fitted new engine and transmission mounts to the car a while ago.
Not thinking this could be linked, I started to get a whine/groan on hard acceleration and full lock.
So anyway on investigating a different problem I noticed when I had fitted the engine mount it was a bit out of alignment. when this was sorted out the groan/whine has gone:)

So that's what the knocking was was it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Na, it was the wish bone bush to sub frame bolts had slackened off even thought they were torqued to the ELSAWIN required figure

One thing I was told is that by VAG mechanic is that anything to do with the supension wishbone... on a modified car forget factory settings use a high torque for it but make sure you dont over torque it.

How's this for a scary moment... Got my gearbox over hauled the W**k*Rs must have tried to open the right hand suspension for some stupid reason. I picked up the car drove home and on the way I could here a big knocking sound. Got home and saw that the nut on top of the strut was just just placed on top and not fastened.

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
ECU's can be swapped;)

WMI is a cost I'm not looking to have just now, sorry

Have you got a Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer thats a cheap and effective way to keep the heat from transfering from your engine to the intake manifold. If not then drop Bill a line I think there about £70 each

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
One thing I was told is that by VAG mechanic is that anything to do with the supension wishbone... on a modified car forget factory settings use a high torque for it but make sure you dont over torque it.

How's this for a scary moment... Got my gearbox over hauled the W**k*Rs must have tried to open the right hand suspension for some stupid reason. I picked up the car drove home and on the way I could here a big knocking sound. Got home and saw that the nut on top of the strut was just just placed on top and not fastened.
NOT GOOD!!!

Have you got a Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer thats a cheap and effective way to keep the heat from transfering from your engine to the intake manifold. If not then drop Bill a line I think there about £70 each
Yup got one fitted and noticed a bit of difference in the temp of the intake manifold

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
LCR lightweight edition

Well with the great help from Phillc and CupraMVR (John) I got the interior removed from my car and transplanted into Phils car.
This weight saving benifit has yet to be fully realised as when coming up the road from this I had a passenger and alot of bits and pieces.
The car initially looked a bit sad but now think it looks MEAN!!

I'll be removing all the seats, apart from the drivers seat, and the spare wheel and take the car for a good blast and let you all know how it feels.

Another mod done recently was the N249 bypass. I was shames by all for not having done this already, sorry boys. But within minutes with Myles (Mylo) armed with 3mm red silicon tubing and CupraMVR (John) and Phillc whipped off my extra bits and had the tubing in place to negate this sensor in literally 2 mins. the longest bit was removing the extra bits from the N249 which was plugged in to stop CEL until Phill sends me resistor.
Pictures and reports to follow

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Oh aye! Was trying to work out why you were there like! :doh: Nae fancy any of the Sparcos like?
comparing price, build quality and fit the Cobra's came out best for me TBH. Sparco's did fit well but not worth the extra money. If I was to spend extra cash I would buy the Cobra's with the extra head rests for side impact

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise