Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Hello
The project is excellent, I really enjoyed seeing the dedication in the amendments.
New's cobra seats, congratulations. Do you not want to sell the front seats cupra?

Best regards

Cheers bud. Always like seeing new people having a gander!

I am going to keep the front seats. They are blue ones, and if I ever come to sell the car will be good for that :)

Well yesterday was the time for my Ibiza to have it debut on the track at Knockhill :)

I had a superb today! Track was a bit wet causing alot of spray when following cars, and it started to spit in the last hour or so, but still was heating up the 888s nicely! Which were superb! Really surprised at the amount of grip they gave me in the conditions. It wasn't spinning up as much as it would in the dry with the crap road tyres I have, hardly any spinning in 2nd when it would light up all the time in the dry!! [B)]

Shame my brakes put a bit of a damper on the day. Had to brake as least twice the distance before the corner than I would usually with the 205... In desperate need of the braided hoses and a good bleed. But if I went easy on them and gave them a break every once and a while it was fine and I had alot of fun! Still managed to wipe the smiles of most things including a hybrid Ibiza :D

All in all a good day! Here is some in-car footage I took:

Knockhill trackday Part 1
Knockhill trackday Part 2
Knockhill trackday Part 3 - having a play with the Hybrid Ibiza

A few pictures taken by a_waugh, huge thanks to him! :thumbup:

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

Last edited:

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Looking good:) Looks like season starts of early this year as calender showing early feb and people are alredy giving it the beans:)

Are you only on r888 on the fronts or all around?

From looking at your videos I can recomend front wiper uppgrade to the polo ones:)

I´m guessing you´ve alredy started to count down towards next trackday. I´m hopeing the winter soon will be gone over here so I can take my ibiza for a spin.

Prebs

Looking good:) Looks like season starts of early this year as calender showing early feb and people are alredy giving it the beans:)

Are you only on r888 on the fronts or all around?

From looking at your videos I can recomend front wiper uppgrade to the polo ones:)

I´m guessing you´ve alredy started to count down towards next trackday. I´m hopeing the winter soon will be gone over here so I can take my ibiza for a spin.

Prebs

Just on the front just now until I can locate 2 more Team Dynamics wheels, and 2 888s as well.

I have some aero wipers to go on, just getting the most use out of these, they are working just now quite well!

Next trackday is at the end of March :) Will have brakes working a treat and hopefully engine mounts fitted and maybe a rear ARB, see how the money situation goes.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Looking great mate, your sig pic is f'ing awesome! Looking good with team dynamics on the front, You running HID's, if so where did you get those? Great pics.

R888's sound promising, thinking of running them just on the front also, what size did you get? I'm sticking with 16's.

Looking great mate, your sig pic is f'ing awesome! Looking good with team dynamics on the front, You running HID's, if so where did you get those? Great pics.

R888's sound promising, thinking of running them just on the front also, what size did you get? I'm sticking with 16's.

Aye cheers bud. The picture is excellent!! Just thought I would spend a bit of time on it tonight since I had nothing else to do and make a wee sig out of it!

Yeah I'm looking for another 2 so I can run them all the time in summer with out it looking botched... :lol:

Got the HIDs from ebay. Cost me like £35 or something like that. I get them for every car I have now. Might go for 4300k instead of 6000k with my next set though.

The R888s are brilliant! Steaming when I came in after a stint out on the track! They are 195/50/16s.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Nice one. Yeh it looks great.

Would going from 195/45's to 195/50 not throw the speedo out slightly? This was my only concern when looking at 888's.

I think I have worked out why my brakes are so rubbish... Bled them all yesterday to find there wasn't any improvement, but while there I noticed my pads were really worn by 2 of the pots, but not the other 2. This was the case on both sides... I couldn't work out why but then I thought (after I had finished of course) that maybe there are 2 bleed nipples for both sets of pistons in the calipers separately, instead of me just thinking you had to bleed the upper nipple... Turns out you do have to bleed both... Must have to take the caliper off, spin it upside down then do the other.

Will try it once I have my new pads in. Phoned circuit supplies and they said they can cut DS2500s to fit the Midilite so I will have some decent pads not crappy Mintex :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.