Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

I know where there is a heated front windscreen for your motor.
This would allow you to remove the aircon, blowers and piping etc

Not sure if I'm wanting to go to that extreme with it Willie to be honest. I am considering removing the A/C anyway as I don't use it (can't afford the extra petrol!) as that's what windows are for!

I have other areas I would like to address first like maybe getting the map tweeked when my new parts finally arrive (hopefully tomorrow), ARBs and perhaps a diff, we will see how we get on.
And it's just had a new windscreen so would be a bit of a waste. How much are we talking out of interest though?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Not sure if I'm wanting to go to that extreme with it Willie to be honest. I am considering removing the A/C anyway as I don't use it (can't afford the extra petrol!) as that's what windows are for!

I have other areas I would like to address first like maybe getting the map tweeked when my new parts finally arrive (hopefully tomorrow), ARBs and perhaps a diff, we will see how we get on.
And it's just had a new windscreen so would be a bit of a waste. How much are we talking out of interest though?
£195 + VAT + shipping and fitting

Well it has finally come!!

26032010012.jpg

:D Unfortunately the guy didn't take out the manifold bolt that snapped in it so hopefully that will come out with some persuasion... I'm a bit disappointed about that but on the other hand there is no play/cracks or anything :)

Now all I need is the MAF tube from Willie and I'm set to start bolting things on! :) Just need to work out whens best to do it with exams coming up... :(

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Hey mate, good to see your almost there with the hybrid project. ar is going to be very quick when its all done! Makes me wondering if i should have finished mine?!

Keep up the good work

just read this thread start to finish very good. count down to my ko3s! woop, keep it up mate!

Hey mate, good to see your almost there with the hybrid project. ar is going to be very quick when its all done! Makes me wondering if i should have finished mine?!

Keep up the good work

Cheers guys :)

Well Knockhill today went exellent! Almost didn't make it as I missed my alarm and woke up at 20 to 9 (started at 9) so threw everything in the car and got to the Knockhill car park at quarter past 9 on the dot... :whistle:

When I got there I threw my 888s on the back and went on out. First thing I noticed is that the track was pretty much dry compared to the last time which I was pleased with. Saying that though the outer kerbs were damp therefore with my driving trying to take up the most amount of track possible ventured out onto these a couple of times which wasn't a good idea.

Traction was amazing with the full set of 888s this time though!

I had a slight misfire which was annoying me through the day. Not consistent enough to stop but was still there. I had my laptop throughout the day and noticed the MAF kept popping up. So I will be visiting the SEAT dealer local to me and seeing what they say since it's well under a year old...

Apart from that it was a good day :) Not alot of the cars there could compete, just the obviously quicker ones... A VERY nice track prepped Fiesta RS Turbo there which was ridiculously quick. I have a few videos of it and pictures.
I didn't get any in car footage due to my rushed departure, but I'm hoping there will be some photos taken as I was on the track alot of the first 3 hours. I think I actually stayed out for a whole hour at one point...:drive1:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cheers guys :)

Well Knockhill today went exellent! Almost didn't make it as I missed my alarm and woke up at 20 to 9 (started at 9) so threw everything in the car and got to the Knockhill car park at quarter past 9 on the dot... :whistle:

When I got there I threw my 888s on the back and went on out. First thing I noticed is that the track was pretty much dry compared to the last time which I was pleased with. Saying that though the outer kerbs were damp therefore with my driving trying to take up the most amount of track possible ventured out onto these a couple of times which wasn't a good idea.

Traction was amazing with the full set of 888s this time though!

I had a slight misfire which was annoying me through the day. Not consistent enough to stop but was still there. I had my laptop throughout the day and noticed the MAF kept popping up. So I will be visiting the SEAT dealer local to me and seeing what they say since it's well under a year old...

Apart from that it was a good day :) Not alot of the cars there could compete, just the obviously quicker ones... A VERY nice track prepped Fiesta RS Turbo there which was ridiculously quick. I have a few videos of it and pictures.
I didn't get any in car footage due to my rushed departure, but I'm hoping there will be some photos taken as I was on the track alot of the first 3 hours. I think I actually stayed out for a whole hour at one point...:drive1:
Thats great Josh, the weather in aberdeen has been perfect all day.

How did the brakes fair?
What were you mixing it with and walking away from

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.