Mk4 Bulb upgrades

Turborevs

yeah the shorter one, keep me posted as i'd like to see how it fits etc
thanks

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Can i just say, i bought an HID kit along with T. Spark over a year ago. They Didnt fit originally HOWEVER...

All you have to do it put your finger inside the lense and push against the diffuser and you can concave it with only a very slight force. This gives you an extra 2-3mm to play with at which point ours fitted more snug than a bug in a rug!

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
mmm.....i'd rather not do that if i dnt have to...i'd probably push it out completely or somthing stupid! lol

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Joonspoon, if you're still after the Goldeneye kit, thats wot the group buy above is for.

Cheers Dave. :)
I sent a message to the seller on ebay and he offered a price of £100.00 per set delivered if I bought 4 sets.
I'm a little worried about them being legal!

I contacted my local police who told me I could get any details I needed from a local MOT station. Thanks very much for your help Thames Valley Police! :mad:
Any way, I spoke to my mate Mick who is an MOT tester. He told me that there is very little in the way of actual figures for what is legal. Mostly it seems to be down to individual interpretation particularly when looking at the 6000k or 8000k kits.
The big emphasis is on alignment.

If the price is still that good then I reckon the offer mentioned by bogstandardTDI could be the way to go.

Guy.

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
i'm glad u said that, as i ordered the same Ultimate kit with shorter bulbs the other day, think it came today, but no1 was in so it's been left at the post office. So fingers crossed 2mo morning i'll be smiling when i pick it up.

I just fitted some of these-
http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.php?productid=16702&cat=612&page=1

You can really see the difference compared to the normal "white" quad leds. The quad white versions are way to blue imo. The super whites will match the hids perfectly.
(left- super bright, right- quad white)
DSC00116Medium.jpg

Super white
DSC00117Medium.jpg

Quad white
DSC00118Medium.jpg

Quad white, 6500k dipped, 8500k main halogens
DSC00121Medium.jpg

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
arrrrggghhh!!!

Went to the post office to pick up the HIDs this morning, and HIDs4U only sent me the ruddy bulbs!!!

So i got straight on the blower, and they didn't know what had happened or why, but will send me the rest of the kit, but as its only been dispatched today (or at least i hope it was!!) i might not get it till next week! which means next weekend for fitting :(

dam it!

chemical al- btw the short H7 bulbs are actually around 47mm from the measurements we've been going from, i used a micrometer on them just now. Fingers crossed its short enough!

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
argh Dave that's well frustrating. I know how you feel I bought a present on the internet for a best mate of mine, only to find out that (2 days before xmas) they actually sent me the female equivelent not the male one that I'd ordered...so bloody annoying when this happens!
Hope it all gets sorted, can't wait for the pics...best of luck! ;)

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
what about the h7r short?

do the 47mm ones fit though?

These are the H7r short bulbs.....i don't know yet, as i don't have the ballasts i didn't c the point in fiting the bulbs...but i might do as i have time today, and at least i can satisfy that particular concern.

I'll let you know if they fit a bit later.

dasmith83

Formerly "Dave FR PD130"
Jul 1, 2006
Kent
a little update for you:

This is all they sent me-
DSC00122Medium.jpg

And this shows the size difference between a standard H7 halogen, and the HIDs4U H7r SHORT bulb-
DSC00123Medium.jpg

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
I decided to get off the fence and go for it so I bought this set off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-...tegoryZ36476QQihZ018QQitemZ280069137987QQrdZ1
H7 6000k.

The pound/dollar rate at the moment means they only cost me £71.23 delivered to my door.
The best price I've seen anywhere.
Made the payment through paypal so I've got payment protection.
The seller has quite a few listed and his feedback is pretty good.

Am hoping to have them to fit by next weekend.
Will let you know what happens.
Guy.

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
HID kit arrived today at about 2.00pm.

I bought the kit from a seller on ebay.com (ie America) and they were sent from Hong Kong.
6 days delivery seems pretty damn good to me! :)

£71.23 to my door. :coolthumb

By 3.30 the kit was fitted and working (despite the wind trying to blow me out of my boots!)
I took photos (which slowed me down a bit) so I'll do a 'how to' guide later if you want.
You should be looking at about 50 mins from start to finish.

This is the kit as it was delivered (bag of screws, nuts & bolts for fixing ballasts included).

d8c37658.jpg

The ballasts have a fixing bracket supplied.

cbf9ee47.jpg

This shows the whole assembly for one side.
The contacts circled push into the connector that would normally be attached to the factory fitted bulb.
Thus no extra wiring and power is taken from inside the headlight covers.

132163b3.jpg

I've tried to show the bulb length here. It's 47mm.
Can't promise it'll fit in yours but works for me!
Fitted straight into my bulb holder and no fouling on the diffuser.

Bulblength-1.jpg

Couldn't resist this. It was printed on the bottom of the box.
If you can make sense of it you are a better person than me! :lol:

e908cc6d.jpg

Regards Guy.

Last edited:

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Forgot to say.............

As far as I can see the parts in any HID kit are pretty much the same.
It's only the stickers on the ballast units that really seem to differ.

Just my opinion. :whistle:

Guy.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise